Grey Cup 2014

Zontar

Well I for one hope for a high scoring close game. I will be interested in seeing how Hamilton will scheme for Cornish and I hope to Banks break a few again. But Calgary has a lot of other weapons as well. In the end I don't really care who wins this one, I am just hoping for a good game! Good luck Zontar, the only thing better then the feeling of your team being in the Grey Cup is actually winning it!

Tired of low scoring defensive chess matches ? Fear not we're told its going to be a blow-out for CAL who have replaced MTL as the hot, new "it" team.

Poor Hamilton.

You should be hoping for a low scoring game as the longer you stay in it the better chance you have to win. If it's high scoring then Calgary will win. 

Tired of low scoring defensive chess matches ? Fear not we're told its going to be a blow-out for CAL who have replaced MTL as the hot, new "it" team.

Poor Hamilton.

Interesting posting angle. You guys came into Regina thinking you would win and well that didn't work out and you had to eat crow all year. So now the we don't have a chance angle. Its a good move, Either way you can sit on the fence and not eat crow.   For the record, I'm pulling for the Cats out of respect for Kent Austin and the two championships he brought home to our prairie city. I also agree with another poster that the Cats want a close game, if the score is high it will be the Stamps running away with it.

Timbits and tidbits from the West Coast:

For those who missed it…Grigsby had the oddest answer for K Penton as to why he asked for his release:

“That's none of your concern,” he said. “If you want to go ahead and talk to (GM) Kyle (Walters) and O'Shea, they can answer those questions. That's not my job to do that.”

You would think that he should probably know the reason better than anybody.

View the full article

Walters and O'Shea on H & L in Vancouver

- Walters is spending time trying to extend some players and FAs. He says it's nice to sit face to face with some of the agents in Vancouver in doing this.

- And to spend time just talking football with MOS

- MOS was asked if player evaluation is finished and the Coach said it is not. He explains that they are not taking it lightly and since it's first time…he wants to get it right. It's a process but he does want it finished sooner than later.

- Both Walters and O'Shea would like to see the PI reviews abolished next year and just let the refs…ref. Put those resources into better training.

- Buono says that unless you walk in a HC's shoes…you don't know what it's all about (in reference to Garcia saying he could be a HC right away) 1st year HC MOS agrees. Even Walters piped in, it's similar in GMing for the 1st time. Both say it's a daily learning process.

- Walters says he is learning something every day and his project is to sit with scouting, the operations dept., and with MOS and evaluate everything they have done this year - what they did well, not so well, and what they can improve on…kind of like a working document to follow.

- The GM's top priority is FA and the draft and they are fully immersed in the names and salary numbers and the projected salary cap and matching all these projections with the current roster, pending FAs and the next draft.

- MOS believes they need more toughness next year, in the players, in their practices and in their football IQ.

- Asked about Jordan Yantz, Walters said Yantz IS in his draft year and someone may take him for his abilities…"he's looked like a CFL QB this year".

- They have a strong working relationship with the Bisons and Rifles.

- Walters says it's not hard to pick Calgary to win and Mike says he wants to see the game decided on the last play to entertain the fans.

(They both said they did this interview to appease iso_55 and the lack of information forthcoming) smiley-face-whistle-2.gif

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/winnipeg-1290/hustler-and-lawless-november-28-2014-1.146856

I can't help thinking that Hammy will make it closer than people are betting. Calgary didn't run away with many games this season and their wins over Hamilton (who were without Collaros) were tight games. I don't think Hamilton is going to win, but I certainly don't see it being a blow-out. 

Hammy's probably my least favourite team over the past 10 or so years, so definitely rooting for a Calgary win. Looking forward to Huffer moving out of the HC chair.