Mike O'Shea Now Has More Wins In His 1st Season Than Ritchie Did In His

USABomberfan

I am going to break from the group and say receivers and DL are a bigger priority. Now maybe some of the guys we've been trying lately on DL are the answer but those two areas are where I want to see improvement the most. 

DL for sure. We've really struggled to get pressure in the 2nd half of the season.

For receivers, I think Moore and Denmark are a good 1-2, and Kohlert has a chance to finish in the top 20 receivers this season. I'd go with Watson again as our 2nd NI receiver, but draft his replacement this year. I'd also be looking for a new 3rd import receiver. Doesn't matter to me if it's a FA or new recruit.

My fear that if we won this game is that everyone will be in high spirits at the end of a bad season. Holding true so far.

At the beginning of the season and at the end of the season we have good future at quarterback...but its not necessarily the same name

Win or lose there was no reason not to be in high spirits. This team has significantly more pieces than it did last year. One win or one loss doesn't change that. It's about being realistic. We're precisely where we should be coming off of a three win year last season. No one is saying it's all sunshine and rainbows. We know there is still lots of work to be done, but ending the season with a win is a nice touch. As for quarterback, Drew Willy is still QB1 here, and he holds the position easily heading into next season as well.

Yup, it's a process that has different phases to all of it.

I think we passed phase 1.

We obviously won't know about phase 2 till next year, but this is exactly the direction I wanted to see the team head down.  I don't care if the negatrons here are not optimistic about next year.  I am, and nothing's gonna rain on that.

My fear that if we won this game is that everyone will be in high spirits at the end of a bad season. Holding true so far.

At the beginning of the season and at the end of the season we have good future at quarterback...but its not necessarily the same name

we just exorcised one of our greatest demons. Where do you get off trying to belittle this???

bb1, on 02 Nov 2014 - 01:13 AM, said:

Hey MB got anything besides a run up the gut on first down? Made the game closer than it should of been Imo. Hope we look hard a replacing MB as well.

If anything, I'd think he didn't run the ball enough.  I think he was slightly better at not abandoning it like he did against BC last week, but for a coach I've always thought of as run-heavy, I think he still could've done more.

Marve is better at looking off his receivers, better at running, quicker release, keeps eyes down field when scrambling.... The guy may be starter material

He is highly athletic and has great football instincts.

That said, he has a lot to learn and has been kind of lucky so far.  To improvise that many plays and not have it come back and bite him in the tush?  There might be a horseshoe involved.

Talking to someone after the first Calgary game I described his play as if he was handling a live grenade.  Typically that's an insult implying panic and poor accuracy, but what I meant was you knew something exciting was going to happen on every play - you just didn't know whether it would be good or bad.  So far, all good, probably with the help of some luck.  Give him some time and the mental side of being a CFL QB hopefully will catch up to his physical gifts.

bilukidi and mulaumba.. real hope for blue. Henoc not playing much either

Now you've got me all excited and tingly.

Probably won't happen, but the alliterative side of me would sure love have Unamba, Muamba and Mulamba all playing in the backfield at the same time.

Rod Black's nipples would explode.

Yup I said it first.

And the 2014 Season finishes at 7-11

Long way to go for this team to improve, but this is still a big start.  I know, if only we hadn't laid that egg in Ottawa, or beaten the Leos last week, or managed to win one game vs Ssk or the last against Hamilton.  But hey, we're getting there as I've been saying all along.

And a Win is a win.

Let's take that Grey Cup in 2015

Mike Kelly also finished the 2009 season with 7-11 record.

Just sayin' :P

Is it MB or Willy? Marve hit Denmark for nice TD on the closest thing to a read zone offense I have seen all year. And what was with Denmark trucking straight to the sidelines after that, sent a message to someone.

Thought that was weird but maybe he was just freezing and in an extreme hurry to put his coat on?

Yup I said it first.

And the 2014 Season finishes at 7-11

Long way to go for this team to improve, but this is still a big start.  I know, if only we hadn't laid that egg in Ottawa, or beaten the Leos last week, or managed to win one game vs Ssk or the last against Hamilton.  But hey, we're getting there as I've been saying all along.

And a Win is a win.

Let's take that Grey Cup in 2015

Mike Kelly also finished the 2009 season with 7-11 record.

Just sayin' :P

No comparison here apart from the raw numbers. I have never seen a coach burn off so much goodwill from the media and fans in such a short time as Kelly did. The board of directors should take a blood-oath to never, ever appoint a rookie to be both GM and coach at the same time. Rheinbold and Kelly were unqualified disasters and should be held up as glaring examples of what not to do.