Drew Willy to start season finale

gbill2004

I am not surprised by but for sure not in favour of this move. Willy will be lucky if he doesn't come out of this season with a serious head injury. He's already suffering and not making the quick decisions he needs too to stay upright.

Would love a look to see what Marve can do when he has the reps in practice and a game plan to his strengths.

Not sure how I feel about this. 

Willy is still a young QB and can use the reps to continue growth.  However after seeing him play last game, he is either still too injured or seriously shell shocked from the season.    

If injuries are still hampering him, then go with Marve.   If his injuries are "acceptable", then I like him getting to play to try and take the bad taste of the last game out of his mouth.  That would be a horrible way to end his season.

If the time is split between the QBs as is mentioned in the above post, I would be able to take that.  

Going to be a boring game.  Calgary has nothing to play for, already having 1st place wrapped up.  Winnipeg has nothing to play for being out of the playoffs.  Hopefully Winnipeg comes out flying for this game.  Our players should be playing for their jobs next season.

Tough choice for Calgary on how much they play their starters this late in the season.  Always tough to balance keeping your players in game shape / condition and worrying about injuries.   They have this week, next week, then a bye before their playoffs start.  A long time to not really be playing for anything.   Wonder if the rust is going to hurt them come playoffs.

I'd respect this decision if I knew that they could take some learned lessons from the last game and apply them to the next but I know it's going to be the same old, same old.  Just as they didn't take anything learned from the first Stamps game and apply it to the BC game.  O'Shea and crew have proven incapable of renovating, innovating or manipulating their thinking as this season has progressed and will expect to see the same old dog and pony show next Saturday.

If Willy is truly healthty, I'd play him. At least for a quarter or even the first half. I'd give Marve and Portis the rest of the game. But I don't think he's 100 percent healthy and the game doesn't mean much, a WIN is important cuz then we don't go in to next season with a huge losing streak still going on, That's important but... Since i don't feel Willy is 100 percent Healthy, if he is, you play him but again i highly doubt he is, Physically and Mentally really, i don't like him playing this week. 

But since he is starting, I'd say a quarter or half at max. You don't want to see the guy get killed out there, he's going to be a  very good QB but this OLINE has done something to him. Give marve and Portis (be nice to see him too) the rest to the majority of the game tho is what i would do. Under this scenario, I'd start WIlly, play him the 1st quarter, maybe 1st half at max depending on how he's playing and then Play marve and portis the rest. Maybe Marve gets the 3rd and a series or 2 in the 4th, Portis gets the rest. 

If Willy had only one bad game during the losing streak, I would say fine, start him. But he hasn't, the more he got injured the more he didn't look like the same guy who started the season. What makes them think that he is suddenly rejuvenated and back to the guy who started the season?

For me he's been through enough, and although he wants to start, time for smarter heads to prevail and give the backups a chance to show what they can do. He's got to take one for the team. 

Another bad decision in my opinion.

Right move see if you can let him leave on a more positive note going into the offseason.

Making sure he finishes the year in one piece would also be be a very positive note.

Adding another loss to an 8 game losing streak really does not make much difference.

I don't think Willy has anything to prove as to his toughness or ability. If Mike feels he has to show he can win well the time has passed for this round.

I'm going to give O'Shea the benefit of the doubt, and guess that WIlly will get just under a half to play, and show something better than Saturday.  Hopefully they let Marve finish up after that.  If Willy plays the whole game, that's going to tell us more about O'Shea and his unwillingness to deviate from the plan!

I'm going to give O'Shea the benefit of the doubt, and guess that WIlly will get just under a half to play, and show something better than Saturday.  Hopefully they let Marve finish up after that.  If Willy plays the whole game, that's going to tell us more about O'Shea and his unwillingness to deviate from the plan!

That's the thing, it's a test for Mike O'Shea to show he can make an intelligent decision and if Willy needs to be replaced, JUST DO IT!!!