Grigsby not getting first team practice reps - Cotton to start VS Edmonton

Mr. Perfect

How do you break a tackle when the blocking is so poor you are getting met behind the LOS

Agreed. A few years ago (actually a lot of years) I happened to be sitting beside Earl Lunsford on a flight from Calgary to Winnipeg and when he wasn't schmoozing with the flight crew, we had a chance to talk. He said that from the hand-off to the first three yards past the line of scrimmage was all the O-line's responsibility, and after that it was the receivers blocking and the running back's ability. If you accept that as gospel, its not hard to see who should be hanged in the off season.

Its nice to see a guy actually get benched for performance reasons. Its just shocking that it wasn't Kuale.

Kromah had the chance to take his job and couldn't do it.

Kromah was leaps and bounds better than Kuale.

What specifically made him better? We had the ball rammed down our throats in two of his three games played.

Of course in the "I'm here to build & not tear down" mode of thinking by our rookie head coach, we can't bring in any international linebackers to see if they're better than what we already have, can we? #businessasusual

At this stage of the season, you're not bringing in a fresh rookie anywhere and throwing him right into the lineup. That's not how football works in week 16. Of course you can bring players in for a look, but you're not going to say they are better than X player at this point in time.

Its nice to see a guy actually get benched for performance reasons. Its just shocking that it wasn't Kuale.

Kromah had the chance to take his job and couldn't do it.

Kromah was leaps and bounds better than Kuale.

Kromah was better based on the fact that he wasn't taking stupid penalties and constantly drawing attention to himself by celebrating mediocre plays... but based on actual football play, IMO he had yet to distinguish himself... hopefully that changes on Monday...

Kromah ain't no Barrin simpson or Joe Lobendahn when healthy but... he also ain't Kuale so right now he's got that going for him. Hopefully Kromah makes an impression and takes the Job. If not, that's a spot we will definitely have to upgrade in the off season. Wonder if a slimmed down Willy Mosely could be a guy that gets a look in the Middle. 

Of course in the "I'm here to build & not tear down" mode of thinking by our rookie head coach, we can't bring in any international linebackers to see if they're better than what we already have, can we? #businessasusual

At this stage of the season, you're not bringing in a fresh rookie anywhere and throwing him right into the lineup. That's not how football works in week 16. Of course you can bring players in for a look, but you're not going to say they are better than X player at this point in time.

But to be satisfied with the status quo? Competition is always a good thing. It's never bad. NFL cuts were a month ago & yet we stood pat.So we brought in a couple of receivers. No intl OL. No intl linebackers, running backs or DL?? Maybe one or two guys could have helped us immediately. If McManus is as good a scout as he is supposed to be then we may have found us a a keeper or two. We'll never know though as we didn't do anything.

How can a team that went 3-15 last year & is on a 5 or 6 game losing streak now just blow off its fans by saying that nothing can be done? And MOS saying that his job is to build & not tear down? Just execute & play better? How naive does he think the Bomber fanbase is? Really? No his job & the same with Walters is to win. I know this team has a lot of holes & to make the playoffs is a herculean task. All the more reason to bring in players to fill these holes. Players to push the ones we have to play better. Or to push the deadwood out the door. 

People need to stop bitching about Grigsby....Tied for third in rushing...leads in rushing TDs....second In yards Recieving by RBs to Andrew Harris. Similar yards as Whitiker who plays behind a far superior o line than Grigsby. What exactly do people expect from Grigsby?

Have you watched him play? He's a poor running back. Decent receiver though.

People need to stop bitching about Grigsby....Tied for third in rushing...leads in rushing TDs....second In yards Recieving by RBs to Andrew Harris. Similar yards as Whitiker who plays behind a far superior o line than Grigsby. What exactly do people expect from Grigsby?

I'd start Grisby ahead of Romby.

But to be satisfied with the status quo? Competition is always a good thing. It's never bad. NFL cuts were a month ago & yet we stood pat.So we brought in a couple of receivers. No intl OL. No intl linebackers, running backs or DL?? Maybe one or two guys could have helped us immediately. If McManus is as good a scout as he is supposed to be then we may have found us a a keeper or two. We'll never know though as we didn't do anything.

How can a team that went 3-15 last year & is on a 5 or 6 game losing streak now just blow off its fans by saying that nothing can be done? And MOS saying that his job is to build & not tear down? Just execute & play better? How naive does he think the Bomber fanbase is? Really? No his job & the same with Walters is to win. I know this team has a lot of holes & to make the playoffs is a herculean task. All the more reason to bring in players to fill these holes. Players to push the ones we have to play better. Or to push the deadwood out the door. 

So basically you haven't been paying attention is what you're saying.

The Bomber fanbase may not be naïve but if you're any indication, they're sure not very observational.

And I'd agree.

And their not satisfied with the status quo, you can bet your bottom dollar on that. There's only so much you can do realistically over the course of a regular season. The bulk of the movement will be made in the offseason. There was lots of turnover last offseason, and you can bet there will be lots again in the upcoming offseason as well considering we are hosting the Grey Cup next year. If you asked people in May if they would be happy with a 6 or 7 win season, the intelligent majority would have said yes considering we won only 3 times last year. Starting off 5-1 was more of a curse than a good thing because it unfairly raised the expectations of the fan base. Make no mistake, the team is committed to building a winner, but it takes time. Considering where this team has come from in less than a year, there is no reason to believe that the powers that be will fail in making that happen IMO.

And their not satisfied with the status quo, you can bet your bottom dollar on that. There's only so much you can do realistically over the course of a regular season. The bulk of the movement will be made in the offseason. There was lots of turnover last offseason, and you can bet there will be lots again in the upcoming offseason as well considering we are hosting the Grey Cup next year. If you asked people in May if they would be happy with a 6 or 7 win season, the intelligent majority would have said yes considering we won only 3 times last year. Starting off 5-1 was more of a curse than a good thing because it unfairly raised the expectations of the fan base. Make no mistake, the team is committed to building a winner, but it takes time. Considering where this team has come from in less than a year, there is no reason to believe that the powers that be will fail in making that happen IMO.

It's not only that where there are holes in his argument.

Complaining about having no OL brought in ... yet we've brought in Chad Anderson and Jace Daniels.

Complaining about having no DL brought in ... yet we've brought in Marvin Booker and Greg Hickman.

Complaning about having no RB brought in ... we just moved McGuffie onto the active and now we're putting Cotton in. Changes have been made there too.

Maybe one or two of those guys could have helped us immediately? Booker and Hickman are contributing on the 44 man roster.

The only part he didn't miss on was the LB part.

I wouldn't go that far, however, I think the Bombers should seriously consider converting Grigsby to receiver over the offseason. He's average at best as a RB but he could be a dynamic receiver if he was able to make the transition. A young Jamel Richardson in the making. It would take some work and carries some risk but the payoff could be huge.

I wouldn't go that far, however, I think the Bombers should seriously consider converting Grigsby to receiver over the offseason. He's average at best as a RB but he could be a dynamic receiver if he was able to make the transition. A young Jamel Richardson in the making. It would take some work and carries some risk but the payoff could be huge.

did you miss the TD drop with no one within 10 yards of him last week? 

did you miss the TD drop with no one within 10 yards of him last week? 

And here I was completely over my swearing fit over that one particular game changer..thanks.

No, but really, as disappointed as I am in Grigsby as a RB, he does (usually) catch the ball well, and, he only has 1 fumble all year.