The Bombers Won't Win Again This Season

Atomic

These guys need to learn to tackle.  It's just atrocious how bad we are at tackling.

Play calling seems poor as well.

Still hate both Etch and MB.  Both seem mediocre or worse to me.

And, yes, I do realize we're missing players due to injury and we need depth.  But you can't tell me you can't teach someone how to tackle, or that we can't find better import RB and WR's to take the places of some of the injured players.  We need a running game and Grigsby can't do the job.

I think MOS is the right coach, I just think he's surrounded by mediocrity (due mostly to what was available and who wanted to actually come to a 3-15 team).

These guys need to learn to tackle.  It's just atrocious how bad we are at tackling.

And, yes, I do realize we're missing players due to injury and we need depth.  But you can't tell me you can't teach someone how to tackle, or that we can't find better import RB and WR's to take the places of some of the injured players.  We need a running game and Grigsby can't do the job.

I think MOS is the right coach, I just think he's surrounded by mediocrity (due mostly to what was available and who wanted to actually come to a 3-15 team).

A few days ago I was posting just how bad a DC Etch is & how I want him gone. He was being defended by more than a few here saying that his defense saved games for us & kept us in others. It wasn't the defense, the posters said that was a problem. It was the offense. Well, we travel to Ottawa lose embarrassingly to the worst team in the CFL & a couple  of our major problems was the inability to  tackle & stop the run which has been the way it's been defensively all season. I want Etch gone but I'm getting the impression that MOS will stubbornly go down with his coaches before he fires any of them so we're stuck with this guy for the long term. 

A few days ago I was posting just how bad a DC Etch is & how I want him gone. He was being defended by more than a few here saying that his defense saved games for us & kept us in others. It wasn't the defense, the posters said that was a problem. It was the offense. Well, we travel to Ottawa lose embarrassingly to the worst team in the CFL & a couple  of our major problems was the inability to  tackle & stop the run which has been the way it's been defensively all season. I want Etch gone but I'm getting the impression that MOS will stubbornly go down with his coaches before he fires any of them so we're stuck with this guy for the long term. 

Yeah, I agree.  I think he's going to stick with the same coaches as well, which may be his downfall unless they somehow surprise us.

The problem with Etch is his defense is on and off.  Never consistent.  And his run defense is almost always terrible.

Gonna guess we beat Edmonton next week. Seems to me after a very crappy performance from the D, they come back strong the next week. Hopefully wild is good to go too, that would help a bit. Doubt we beat Calgary but if Cornish is hurt, Calgary isn't the same. 

It all started going wrong when Stubler decided to go to Cal. and we got stuck with Etch. It looked like a 'consolation' hire. His defences are erratic and were not that successful in the past, once the opposition caught on. We are stuck with him now till the end of the season. If Mike doesn't pull the pin on this guy, we will be in the same jackpot we're in now. I will really start to judge O'Sheas decision making if Etch is kept around. I'm not that sold on our offensive genius either. Turbulent times ahead AGAIN.

Yeah the crazy thing in all of this, if  BC loses tonight vs Hamilton, i think it's very likely they lose, we are still only one game behind them with one game to play against them, Think our season comes down to what we do vs BC really... Starting to look that way, if we keep losing and BC keeps losing and we beat BC, man we pretty much get in ahead of them. What really sucks though is last night was a huge game, it was as close to must win as you can get without it actually being a must win game, by that i mean our season didn't end last night because of the loss so it wasn't actually a must win, it was just a must win because, if bc loses tonight, we would have been tied with them at 7-7, but the part that sucks is our guys completely **** the bed, totally didn't show up at all, from the first real play of the game onward. I think whoever wins that game later in the year, bc at winnipeg, they are the team that gets in. 

I mean if our guys can't get up for a game like last nights, i dunno what to think anymore. Guess i'll just say i predicted they would have about 8 wins, thought 8-10 was likely, wasn't sure if it would be enough to make the playoffs but... right now, it's looking like 8-10 may get you in. we need 2 more wins. Need to beat BC for sure. That's the one game that actually means something for real. THey all mean something but... that one game remaining against BC, if we win that one, which right now after last nights debacle seems unlikely but if we can manage to beat BC, who really knows what happens. 

That was easily the worst game of the year for us and probably the best game of the year for Ottawa.

Kudos to them. 

They had a nice game plan with their O-Line attacking our outside contains, and freed up Williams for some nice runs.

We really crapped the bed and our play couldn't keep up with a fired up Ottawa team.

Here's something different….Special Teams were our best asset.

But to me, that doesn't affect how we play the rest of the year.

We have to win for ourselves, to prove to ourselves, that we can.

Let's not be talking playoffs at this time.

The offense scored 13 points last night...that's not enough to win.  

The offense scored 13 points last night...that's not enough to win.  

No but Ottawa also was shredding the defense last night pretty consistently, weird stat, time of possession almost dead even. Just that Ottawa took advantage of some pretty sloppy tackling all night long and really some pretty crazy whacky defensive formations, not sure why we were playing so soft defensively last night, like no pressure on hank all night and seemingly giving Ottawas receivers a few yards of cushion, almost like the d plan was to let Ottawa catch the ball. It was an odd defensive performance last night. Only has happened once before this game really, vs Edmonton where they totally forgot how to tackle. 

Absolutely zero chance of Ott beating BC next week so it's basically toast. We'll need a miracle...

No offence intended but why should we hope for a miracle when we have been unable to do what was within out power to accomplish? I like O'Shea but he will be left holding the bag while the coordinators failed to come up with appropriate game plans. I guess they got hung up on the success of the first six games and believed they could just go with that.

Yeah, I agree.  I think he's going to stick with the same coaches as well, which may be his downfall unless they somehow surprise us.

The problem with Etch is his defense is on and off.  Never consistent.  And his run defense is almost always terrible.

Our defensive line almost across the board is outweighed by at least 60 lbs to a man. We have small linebackers so we get pushed back. Bad combination right there. The hell with speed if you get pushed back &  aren't physical &/0r strong enough to tackle. This defense sucks. Etch has to go. 

Absolutely zero chance of Ott beating BC next week so it's basically toast. We'll need a miracle...

No offence intended but why should we hope for a miracle when we have been unable to do what was within out power to accomplish? I like O'Shea but he will be left holding the bag while the coordinators failed to come up with appropriate game plans. I guess they got hung up on the success of the first six games and believed they could just go with that.

The point is that all we can do at this point is hope for a miracle. I don't know what your point in arguing this is... Noeller is simply saying the playoff race is out of the Bombers hands because of pissing away games. 

There is little reason for optimism at this point. Willy has been beaten to a pulp, the offensive line is no better and arguably worse, the defence has finally given up trying to win the game, and there is no help on the horizon. Its sad to think that we will probably end the season having won one game in the last three months of the season.

yup 6-12 is almost guaranteed.  We're spiraling now..

Getting exposed over and over again.  EJ cannot possible be in the line up at all anymore right?...one of the dumbest guys out there.  And barely average as a linebacker..which = he's useless to us.  Just play Kromah, we're done anyway