QB Status - Willy to Start Saturday

BigBlue

Bryant Turner and Drew Willy locked in a room alone.

Only one can come out alive?

Who?

It would be so epic that they would become one person - Brew Tully (like Tuvix from Star Trek Voyager) - and dominate on both sides of the ball to such an extent that songs would be sung, movies would be written and statues would be cast so their legend could be passed down to generations to come.

Willy is not even close to comparable to Buck, Willy healthy through college and healthy through the pros, Willy is a true athlete. Sure ther eis freak injuries that can happen, but number one thing I look for to tell how good a players instincts, genetics and work ethic are, is how often he gets injured or stays healthy. One freak injury that keeps you out awhile is no big deal, **** happens, but a bunch of small injuries that keep happening over and over and over again, is a pretty good indicator that pro sports just weren't meant for you.

You had a guy who played through pain and came back from injuries.... his name was Buck Pierce and not sure he ever got lavished the same praise for gutting it out like Willy is now.

Just sayin

He did, but he kept breaking, Willy just doesn't break. He gets hurt, but he stays in the line up. 

Willy might be tough....but he breaks just like a little girl.  Yes, he does.

You had a guy who played through pain and came back from injuries.... his name was Buck Pierce and not sure he ever got lavished the same praise for gutting it out like Willy is now.

Just sayin'

Buck got a lot of praise (mostly in disbelief about how he was still alive) but simultaneously most here shook heads and started taking wagers about how long he would last before his self-preservation instinct kicked in. Mack should have been charged with criminal negligence for keeping him on as long as he did. I wouldn't want to be Buck in 10 or 20 years.

Just sayin

He did, but he kept breaking, Willy just doesn't break. He gets hurt, but he stays in the line up. 

And he knows how to actually throw a football.

Just sayin

You remind me of a Rider fan.

He lives!

Darrin Bauming ‏@DarrinBauming 5m

Drew Willy taking the initial first-team reps in practice today, as Brohm watches with his helmet off. First rep, a 30-yard pass. #Bombers

Not for Long

Willy's second rep, an INT by Johnny Sears on a 25-yard wobbler over the middle — stretches and shakes his shoulder afterwards. Brohm in now

That may be a blessing in disguise. 

Just sayin

Sorry.  That is the enigma that is Bob Dylan.

Here's another Bob quote.

He used to be greeeen but now he's unseeeen

and noooobody knows why he's bluuuuuue.

I've got more.

Just sayin

I've got more.

I thought it was funny.

Just sayin

I've got more.

I thought it was funny.

I didn't want that song stuck in my head.

Willy throwing some balls in practise would be a normal part of the rehabilitation and evaluation of his shoulder, barring structural damage.  He'll do it again today.  They'll determine the speed at which the injury is progressing.  This will all hurt, but it will hurt less and less until it does not.  Will it be ready by Saturday?  Probably not, but there's a chance.  Once the pain is not impeding full range of motion and he can throw fastballs, he'll be back in.   Having him toss the ball in practise is not placing his career in jeopardy.

680 CJOB Sports @CJOBSports  ·  9m

Drew willy is throwing again at bomber practice--mike O'Shea is going to have a tough decision re quarterback.

That guy just won't stay down.

****Updates

@CJOBSports Brian brohm and drew willy getting reps at qb at bomber practice but brohm getting more. Debate among yourselves

Just to keep everyone guessing, Brian Brohm starts with the first-team offence. #Bombers

Willy's tough but the Bombers need to be careful not to mess him up long term.  Playing injured quarterbacks can lead to long term issues and shoulders can be hard to heal (ask Lulay).  

And Dunigan and Dickinson etc etc.

Maybe we ought to start a separate thread extolling Willy's toughness, ie:Willy is so tough that:

-he doesn't get out of the bathtub to pee

-he stirs his coffee with his thumb

-he backtalks to his mother-in-law

-he doesn't shave-he drives his whiskers in with a hammer and bites them off inside

-etc

I think that we should give Willy a week of rest even if he can go this year. Despite the lack of confidence I have in Brohm, along with the importance of this game Willy's health is much more important long term then anything that could possibly happen this season. The last thing we need is for him to go out there and aggravate the injury.