Should The Redblacks Start Joey Elliot This Week Against SSK?

USABomberfan

Bench Burris For Elliot  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Redblacks Start Elliot?

• Yes
    • No

The blood is in the water.  With Sunseri lacking confidence and Ottawa needing a win desperately, change it up.  Burris has killed the life on that offense, it's time for him to sit.  Campbell, you got a young gun that was unfairly dropped out of the Peg a year ago yet showed the ability to hit some big deep balls and even pick defenses apart at times.  Time to start him and let him bring your offense to life.  Upset can happen in Mosaic, but just make sure you got the right man under center, and that would be Joey Elliot.

Why would you even think Burris is at fault?  You have seen the receivers in Ottawa drop pass after pass right?

Yep. That Ottawa receiving corps is made up of rejects. The Redblacks do have a decent looking defence but their receiving corps,and o-line are not doing a whole lot to help the quarterback out.

Yes. Please start Joey Eliott!

What, so we can trade for Burris or something?

Lol. What?

Three way deal... Montreal sends troy smith and london to Ottawa , Ottawa sends Burris to Sask, Sask sends first round pic to Montreal

Not interested.

:)

Everyone sends their first round picks to Winnipeg, we send them stale Twizzlers.

Here's the whole problem.  The Redblacks have scored 5, 10, 7, and 8 points in each of their last 4 games.  Letting Burris off the hook for that stuff is ridiculous.  Redblacks O has hit rock bottom and even with WR dropping balls, only putting out numbers like that falls heavily on Hank's head as well.

If DeMarco hadn't gotten hurt, Hank woulda gotten benched weeks ago contract or no contract and probably wouldn't play another snap this year.  When you can't take advantage of your defense shutting down Reilly and Lulay, that means you got serious QB problems, not WR problems.

Would starting Elliot If he's ready fix all their offensive problems?  No but it certainly would not make their O worse than it already is, and if their D has another solid game like they did vs the Leos and Esks the last time around, I certainly think Elliot could at least put up 17 points for them, which may be enough to win considering the Riders have a QB playing who's worse than Jason Boltus.  All that to say, any fewer points than 17, and I'd be yelling for Burris to go if I was a Redblack fan.

Burris's biggest problem this year is that he is on an expansion team. End of story.

Burris doesn't have the right mental makeup to play on an expansion team. Glenn would have been a much better choice but Desjardins isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

You mean the same Glenn who gets rattled after one big hit?

my first thought is who actually voted yes.... hahaha, then I realized of course the Rider fans would want Elliot to play! I'm sure that 52-0 beauty he produced is still fresh in their minds....

anyways... I can't imagine a scenario (short of injury) that Burris doesn't start for them this season... besides, he just moved into his house in Ottawa so there's no turning back now RB fans....

speaking of which, we could use a token redblack fan on here...

The blood is in the water.  With Sunseri lacking confidence and Ottawa needing a win desperately, change it up.  Burris has killed the life on that offense, it's time for him to sit.  Campbell, you got a young gun that was unfairly dropped out of the Peg a year ago yet showed the ability to hit some big deep balls and even pick defenses apart at times.  Time to start him and let him bring your offense to life.  Upset can happen in Mosaic, but just make sure you got the right man under center, and that would be Joey Elliot.

I think it was more of a shared responsibility on that one.

On the Rona radio show  this AM, there was a fair bit of speculation originating out of Regina that the Riders were indeed considering a trade of a NI Canadian d-lineman plus a QB prospect for Burris. Burris is pretty much at the end of his career and apparently wants to go out a Grey Cup champ one last time and may even be willing to take a pay cut/deferment to go a contender. Burris would automatically make the Riders a challenger again,and the added revenue from one or possibly two more home playoff games would probably offset his salary cast.

Could all be hot air but who knows?