Durant to miss remainder of season

Mr. Perfect

Until Tino Sunseri proves he can throw anything but a deep ball, it's going to be an even rougher go on offense for the Roughriders. Teams are simply going to key in on the run and make sure the safety is available to provide help over the top. No respect for the accuracy of his arm in the intermediate game.

Until Tino Sunseri proves he can throw anything but a deep ball, it's going to be an even rougher go on offense for the Roughriders. Teams are simply going to key in on the run and make sure the safety is available to provide help over the top. No respect for the accuracy of his arm in the intermediate game.

He was a good passer in the NCAA.  Tino is no Darian but he'll do fine with the proper reps.  FTR it was a coin toss as to who was better last season between Willy or Sunseri.

You me like the first pass he threw coming into the BC game that was dropped?

Tino is no Darian but he'll do fine with the proper reps.  FTR it was a coin toss as to who was better last season between Willy or Sunseri.

yeah, you're right. I mean like one pass.

If you're going to go into defensive mode and try to spin everything, don't waste your time. We don't drink the Rider kool aid here and whether you want to acknowledge it or not, Sunseri and his handful of pro snaps are a major downgrade from Durant and when defenses are already keying in on your run game because it's your primary source of offense, it's certainly not going to help when the only true decoy you have to that goes down to an injury.

Saskatchewan is in trouble.  Have to think they finish somewhere between 3rd and 5th now.

Nah.  Sunseri is a downgrade but the Riders have a strong team around him.  With the offence, o-line, run game and veteran receivers Tino will be okay.  The thing is the kid just can't force it too much (see Drew Willy).

He was a good passer in the NCAA.  Tino is no Darian but he'll do fine with the proper reps.  FTR it was a coin toss as to who was better last season between Willy or Sunseri.

There have been a multitude of quarterbacks that have come through this league with sparkling NCAA credentials who have failed to amount to much of anything ..  I think the point remains .. until Sunseri proves he can beat teams with his arm .. nobody is going to respect it (nor should they) or the Riders passing game.

Tino is no Darian but he'll do fine with the proper reps.  FTR it was a coin toss as to who was better last season between Willy or Sunseri.

If you're going to go into defensive mode and try to spin everything, don't waste your time. We don't drink the Rider kool aid here and whether you want to acknowledge it or not, Sunseri and his handful of pro snaps are a major downgrade from Durant and when defenses are already keying in on your run game because it's your primary source of offense, it's certainly not going to help when the only true decoy you have to that goes down to an injury.

Kool Aid?  Riders have an impressive o-line, run game and defence?  No?  Or is that Kool Aid?

Tino is a downgrade, obviously.  He will have to manage the game and personally I think he is on par with Willy albeit without the snaps to have as much polish yet.

While I'm never a fan of a qb being hurt.. It is still fresh in my memory of Rider fans being big jerks when Glenn got hurt with us.

I look forward to seeing them struggle

???

Don't look at me.  I always enjoy when the Riders pound teams with their best players in.  BTW what has Kevin Glenn ever won?  He's a ringless wonder.

Kool Aid?  Riders have an impressive o-line, run game and defence?  No?  Or is that Kool Aid?

Tino is a downgrade, obviously.  He will have to manage the game and personally I think he is on par with Willy albeit without the snaps to have as much polish yet.

If you think he is on par with Drew Willy, you've lost it. You realize you're comparing him to a QB who is on pace for nearly 5000 yards passing, right? A guy with 43 pro throws to his name.

Hate to break it to you but Tino Sunseri is nowhere near on the same level as Drew Willy. May he be eventually? Sure. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not this year.

If you think he is on par with Drew Willy, you've lost it. You realize you're comparing him to a QB who is on pace for nearly 5000 yards passing, right? A guy with 43 pro throws to his name.

Hate to break it to you but Tino Sunseri is nowhere near on the same level as Drew Willy. May he be eventually? Sure. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not this year.

Uhm, trying reading closer.  I said he is on par with Willy "without the snaps."  There is a reason why the Riders didn't even think about attempting to re-sign Willy and his name is Sunseri.

There will be bumps, just like you guys are experiencing with Willy and his late game turnovers but I think Tino can play.

Sucks for Durant.  He seems like a pretty good egg.

Obviously this will hurt the Riders chances, but their passing game had looked pretty useless as of late anyways.  The strength of that team is still it's trench players.  They'll still make some noise before getting knocked out of the playoffs (and then have a handy-dandy excuse to point to).

I think its going to be fun (and already is) to watch Rider fans say that a QB like Durant isn't important.  You know, just ignore all those times when they said he was important. 

Durant is totally important.  He is a warrior and one of the top two or three qbs in the CFL and there is nobody I would rather have leading the Riders into the playoffs.  Why does that mean that Sunseri sucks?  

Uhm, trying reading closer.  I said he is on par with Willy "without the snaps."  There is a reason why the Riders didn't even think about attempting to re-sign Willy and his name is Sunseri.

There will be bumps, just like you guys are experiencing with Willy and his late game turnovers but I think Tino can play.

Nice try. The reason they didn't even think about trying to re-sign Willy is because they knew Willy going to be a starter somewhere.

And what does "on par without the snaps" even mean? You mean they are equals if you throw one of the most important factors (experience) out the window? Okay great.

Just call me Adrian Peterson.

Without the legs.

I think its going to be fun (and already is) to watch Rider fans say that a QB like Durant isn't important.  You know, just ignore all those times when they said he was important. 

Durant is totally important.  He is a warrior and one of the top two or three qbs in the CFL and there is nobody I would rather have leading the Riders into the playoffs.  Why does that mean that Sunseri sucks?  

Nobody is saying Sunseri sucks. You should learn to identify a middle ground.

Until Tino Sunseri proves he can throw anything but a deep ball, it's going to be an even rougher go on offense for the Roughriders. Teams are simply going to key in on the run and make sure the safety is available to provide help over the top. No respect for the accuracy of his arm in the intermediate game.

Tino is no Darian but he'll do fine with the proper reps. FTR it was a coin toss as to who was better last season between Willy or Sunseri.

Kool Aid? Riders have an impressive o-line, run game and defence? No? Or is that Kool Aid?

Tino is a downgrade, obviously. He will have to manage the game and personally I think he is on par with Willy albeit without the snaps to have as much polish yet.

You got that he's on par from 13 of 25 for 152 yards eh?

That sucks for Durant and for the league.  It's certainly a downgrade at QB for Regina, but I think they can handle it because of their O line and their reliance on the running game.  They don't need their QB to throw for 300 yards to win.  150 yards will do it against a lot of teams.  I'll guess that the Riders win half of their remaining games, which should keep them in the playoffs.

As if that bears any weight in the CFL. How many American QBs that come and go in the CFL that broken passing yardage in college and didnt do well. here.

UNTIL he has proven it, everything is remain to be seen.