Chiefs release Weston Dressler(Updated: Now signed by Riders)

gbill2004

Wonder if money is all that matters to dressler, i wonder if the opportunity to play closer to his home in North Dakota is more appealing to him. Wonder if Drew Willy Pat Neufeld and Graig Newman makes a difference..

Wonder if IGF makes a difference, wonder if O'shea makes a difference. 

Lots to wonder about here.. If it's not all about money, not convinced that it is all about Money with him cuz he's going to be making good money regardless of where he goes...

He's either looking for the biggest payday he can get or he goes to the team he won a championship with and has that familiarity with the coaches and quarterbacks and etc etc etc. You either back a truck full of money up to the guy or he's going to Saskatchewan. 

i would love to see Dressler here, if only to enrage to Roughie fans. We have to have a lot more cap wriggle room than they do, and since Nic Moore isn't exactly setting records here, Dressler might inspire him to break out. Anyone else disappointed in Moore's performance? He has been injured but geez, he hasn't been much of a game-breaker.

i would love to see Dressler here, if only to enrage to Roughie fans. We have to have a lot more cap wriggle room than they do, and since Nic Moore isn't exactly setting records here, Dressler might inspire him to break out. Anyone else disappointed in Moore's performance? He has been injured but geez, he hasn't been much of a game-breaker.

Game breaker with late game fumbles.

Moore was on pace for a 1200 yard season before getting injured.

No kidding. Moore has been really good for us so far this year. He had a fumble last game and that's all people want to remember. If the season were based on the performance of  the last game it should be Kelly we are questioning not Moore. Moore  had 60 yards on 4 catches. Not POW numbers but a good contribution all the same.

No kidding. Moore has been really good for us so far this year. He had a fumble last game and that's all people want to remember. If the season were based on the performance of  the last game it should be Kelly we are questioning not Moore. Moore  had 60 yards on 4 catches. Not POW numbers but a good contribution all the same.

Sigh...Kelly has proven to be spectacular when used and invisible when not.  The priority should not be in replacing him but in how to use him more frequently.

There's talks on Riderfans about having to overpay for him. I don't think they expect to get him cheap.

I think they learned with Fantuz that money trumps any loyalty to a franchise.

Fantuz wanted to play at home.

"He is going to look very dumb." implies he already doesn't look dumb. See Burris, Henry, and comments about our team around the expansion draft, nevermind how he crapped all over himself while in Hamilton.

What comments about the Bombers ?

That the Bombers had nothing for him to pick from and pretty much took Kohlert because the league told him he couldn't pass ?

Desjardin made a comment at the expansion draft about wanting to decline using his last pick of Bomber NI players which people interpreted as his taking a shot at our team's NI talent. Personally, I think he was referring to the lack of Bomber NI players under contract for this season since he did say many, many times that he wasn't going to pick potential FAs and the fact the Bombers had a LOT of NI players who were potential FAs that off-season. 

Chris Matthews not among the Seahawks initial cuts. I think there will be more coming.

Btw, RB Kevin Smith also cut by them. He was with the Bombers during TC.

More coming.  Have to be down to 75 by tomorrow afternoon.  Down to 53 by....I'm going to say Sunday.

Sigh...Kelly has proven to be spectacular when used and invisible when not.  The priority should not be in replacing him but in how to use him more frequently.

Except that the book on Kelly is that he goes invisible for long stretches... Safe to say he doesn't get open all that often. Guy has good hands and a big frame but that's about all he has. Just doesn't look like the kind of player who can get himself open night in and night out. 

450,000 for hank, 250,000 for dressler.. Man, no wonder this team sucks.. You almost got 3/4 of a million dollars invested in 2 guys. That's crazy. 

I'm sure Walker is getting paid a decent chunk also, plus Shologan signed an extension so I bet right there.. 4 guys = 1 million bucks or more. 

Expansion team has to pay the price to get players. Not surprising.

If hes matched up against a decent db... Hes invisible.. If he has a slouch, he can be very effective... A la chris brazzell..

We've been saying for a long time now that AK19 is a glorified Brazzell...
I am not prepared to say Kelly is better than Brazzell at this point.

yeah that's kind of a silly comparison. Kelly actually catches the ball when its thrown to him, unless he gets PI'd.

If hes matched up against a decent db... Hes invisible.. If he has a slouch, he can be very effective... A la chris brazzell..

If the opposition is using one of their better DBs to cover our field WR, leaving lesser guys to cover in the slot and short side, I'm fine with that.  Has it been so long that people have forgotten what it was like to have Hargreaves over there?  Corner basically slid in to the halfback spot and let the halfback play free safety.  Because there was no reason to stay within 20 yards of Hargreaves.  Even if the ball went there he'd still be caught by the first down marker.

Kelly catches most of the balls thrown at him.

Odd question... is the $200-$250k per YEAR (so half that for the remaining season)?  No way that could be $250k for 9 games... could it?  

It would not be 200-250k for 9 games. It would be 100-125k for the last 9 games.  Could receive a signing bonus though.

The receivers aren't even in the top three of Bomber's problem areas this season in fact talent wise as a group I would arguably rate them in the top 2-3 in the league.  If the Bombers can get their running game in order I predict Willy will surpass Ray in passing yards this season, it's just a matter of providing him with a few seconds more to progress through his reads.