Cotton replacing Woods tonight on returns

gbill2004

Mannnnnn... do I ever hope his hands have improved, or his nerves have diminished. 

Wondering if Woods is nicked up, or just a healthy scratch?  Madani's comments sound like he may be unavailable to play.

Woods was 100% healthy at practice on Sunday, they're only practice this week.

For cripes sake, can we just leave Woods as the main man please?  He may not have taken one to the house yet but at least he's consistent and doesn't fumble the ball.  Already saw Cotton field a few earlier on in the year and it didn't look good.  Guy's a good RB with possibly even more power out of the backfield than Grigsby, but not a good returner.

sad to see woods out. although we know what we can get from him. maybe it's a good time to see what others can do as well knowing if everything doesnt work out well we can always go back to woods.

im ok with cotton back there, his fumble the last time around was not his fault, washington bump into him that cause the ball to fumble. so keep away washington from that position and the returner... please.

interested to see stoudermire back there also.

Not trying to turn this into a media-bashing thread, but curious as to how/why Madani's got the scoop when Penton and Lawless are MIA. Maybe Gary's busy in the hotel sink doing this ice bucket challenge thing.... (Sorry for the visual, hope you weren't eating)

Woods must be banged up. Seems like an ideal return guy to me.

Woods had his best game of the season against the RR, so I sure hope they're not sitting him without injury.  As I said in an earlier thread his playing style of trying to run over tacklers is unnecessary and conducive to sustaining injuries.  Much like Watson and Sears I believe Woods needs to adjust his playing style to keep himself off of the injury list and preserve his job.  If somebody else steps up with good returns and ball security I could easily see him in the same boat as Suber.

The coaches have actually dressed Cotton the last few games, but rarely used him, tells me the coaches do realize there is a problem with the running back, hell, walters even mentioned in an article they talked about the running back issue. I just think it's easy to sit on this forum and say Grigsby is the problem, no and's if's or but's but... since we really have no idea what play is supposed to be called and who is supposed to be where and all that stuff, i trust the coaches. If grigsby was as big of an issue as people think, He wouldn't play. It's that simple, they got cotton, they got bolton, they even got mcduffie now or whatever his name is, They have obviously made not of Grigsby and the issues he's having, i think it's pretty naive to think the coaches don't realize this and i think it's even more naive to just blame one guy for the running problem, Grigsby takes the heat on this forum quite a lot but... it's not just grigsby back there, if it was, he would be benched. 

The coaches have actually dressed Cotton the last few games, but rarely used him, tells me the coaches do realize there is a problem with the running back, hell, walters even mentioned in an article they talked about the running back issue. I just think it's easy to sit on this forum and say Grigsby is the problem, no and's if's or but's but... since we really have no idea what play is supposed to be called and who is supposed to be where and all that stuff, i trust the coaches. If grigsby was as big of an issue as people think, He wouldn't play. It's that simple, they got cotton, they got bolton, they even got mcduffie now or whatever his name is, They have obviously made not of Grigsby and the issues he's having, i think it's pretty naive to think the coaches don't realize this and i think it's even more naive to just blame one guy for the running problem, Grigsby takes the heat on this forum quite a lot but... it's not just grigsby back there, if it was, he would be benched. 

The dilemma is that Grigsby has become a great weapon sneaking out of the backfield on passing plays.  I believe this is the main reason they're reluctant to replace him.  If they could get him out there at the same time as Cotton or another RB to handle most of the running I think it would be a workable solution.  Problem with that plan is that it means one of Kelly, Moore, Denmark would have to come off the field at the same time which is undesirable.