Walters media conference

@PentonKirk: #Bombers just had conference call with national media. Nothing too earth shattering. Ian Wild or Graig Newman are potential MLBs.

@PentonKirk: 2013 draft pick Kris Robertson expected to be at camp. Stephen Alli still injured ad won't be at camp.

@CJOBSports: #Bombers HC O'Shea says should draft pick for centre not be ready this season Steve Morley and Chris Kowalczuk are the options. #CFL

I don't know why it never occurred to me before, but the idea of Ian Wild at MLB really appeals to me.

I wonder how a guy his size would hold up in that spot over 18 games?

Newman isn't even 200 pounds.

Newman is a silly option to me, but Wild seems like such a fit there, he flowed to the ball and always seemed to be around the play last year. Unbelievable motor and it gives you the ability to put him and Parker on the field at the same time.

You will be hard pressed to find a bigger fan of Wild than me, but I dunno just seems he's pretty small, if it works great but I hope he's not put in a position to fail. He was so good where he was last year I'd have left him there. 

Solid choice for mlb IF they go with Wild. The guy hustles on every play and is a real spark plug on D. As far as his size goes, what's the old saying, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. This guy brings it.

Etcheverry's defense won't be built to handle the inside run, let alone stop it.  But even when teams can't stop the run, nobody runs except Calgary recently and Saskatchewan in 2013 with Sheets.  Suber could end up as MLB for all we know.  It's all zone blitzes, not much gap control, so that will be a big difference from Burke, Muamba would just sit in an inside gap most of the time, and then attack the ball through his gap.  Doubt any LB spot in Etchverry's D will be anywhere near the LOS pre-snap as often as Muamba was.