is anyone getting "that" feeling with Henry Burris...

Mr. Perfect

Tough to comment on his skill when we are not part of the negotiation and have no idea what happened behind closed doors.

Also takes two to tango .. Burris .. despite all the innuendo and conjecture .. simply may not have wanted to play in Winnipeg .. plain and simple .. not much anyone can do if the other party wants no part of your organization ..

Like it or not .. we have a long road back to relevance and respectability .. unfortunately, Walters and O'Shea will have this yoke around their neck for the duration of their time in Winnipeg.

The only signing is was really hoping for was Muamba, even to a one year deal or something...  If he hits free agency, I expect he will end up in Ottawa or Toronto - this whole 'NFL' thing seems pretty far-fetched to me.

Why does it seem far-fetched to you. He did have a number of work-outs with NFL teams.

The only signing is was really hoping for was Muamba, even to a one year deal or something...  If he hits free agency, I expect he will end up in Ottawa or Toronto - this whole 'NFL' thing seems pretty far-fetched to me.

Why does it seem far-fetched to you. He did have a number of work-outs with NFL teams.

He doesn't have the size to play Linebacker in the NFL.  How much experience does he have at other positions?

He doesn't have the size to play Linebacker in the NFL.  How much experience does he have at other positions?

Special teams.

I look at Burris's decision to sign with Ottawa just like I see him on the field where he looks downfield, scrambles, hesitates, then throws that half-thrown wobbler right into the hands of the defender….another bad decision.

Burris would have made this team better, but boy am I going to enjoy not cheering for him…with even more gusto.

If Hanker signs with Ottawa, I say good riddance! and I don't think Walters has to account for anything. I say good for him if Burris and his Agent were trying to hold him up for ransom.

At some point, Walters has to get the job done.  We gave Mack two years of blaming Kelly...  look where that got us.

Overpaying a 39 year old QB is not getting the job done either.

Case in point. Seems Marcel has learned very little for when he broke the bank for Printers when he was running things in Hamilton. Good for Kyle for not budging.

Burris' agent Chris Gittings confirmed his client signed for money with Ottawa. Did not dispute or confirm #Bombers offer of 750k for 2 yrs.

If Hanker signs with Ottawa, I say good riddance! and I don't think Walters has to account for anything. I say good for him if Burris and his Agent were trying to hold him up for ransom.

At some point, Walters has to get the job done.  We gave Mack two years of blaming Kelly...  look where that got us.

Case in point. Seems Marcel has learned very little for when he broke the bank for Printers when he was running things in Hamilton. Good for Kyle for not budging.

Burris' agent Chris Gittings confirmed his client signed for money with Ottawa. Did not dispute or confirm #Bombers offer of 750k for 2 yrs.

NOWAY!  He signed for money?  That's craziness.

Seriously, does that guy know how to write a sentence?

Another vague statement that can be used by both sides...  really could just be more money upfront, more guaranteed...  after all, Walters only guidance on contract offers was Sleepy Joe.

At least Taman is off the hook now... Desjardins is our new 'oh, he overpaid for a vet hack who's washed up and there's no way they'll be under the salary cap those cheaters glad we didn't sign him' guy

@PentonKirk: Just landed in Ottawa to hear from source #RedBlacks paying Burris way over 400K and #Bombers weren't in ball park.

Well this should shut people up. I give Walters credit for not overpaying Burris. Who would've thought Gary Lawless would actually write a good article(his one about not overpaying Burris yesterday). 

@PentonKirk: Just landed in Ottawa to hear from source #RedBlacks paying Burris way over 400K and #Bombers weren't in ball park.

Well this should shut people up. I give Walters credit for not overpaying Burris. Who would've thought Gary Lawless would actually write a good article(his one about not overpaying Burris yesterday).

Maybe the Bombers and the Lawman had an inkling about Burris signing with Ottawa.

That's a lot for Burris but he is a proven commodity. 

Could the salary cap make a substantial jump to say $5 million this year.  The TV contract will be nearly 3 times the prior deal so a jump of $500,000 in the cap is certainly feasible and that could raise the value of Burris from $300 - $350,000 under the old cap to $400,000 under the new one.