is anyone getting "that" feeling with Henry Burris...

Mr. Perfect

That would be quite something if Burris signs with Ottawa.

Ottawa gets Glenn for free in the expansion draft, then turns around and trades him to Winnipeg for a first or second round draft pick in 2015 plus maybe throw in another player on top of that since the Bombers are desparate for a proven commodity at QB going into 2014 (even if we sign Willy he is far from proven).

Ottawa gets Glenn for free in the expansion draft, then turns around and trades him to Winnipeg for a first or second round draft pick in 2015 plus maybe throw in another player on top of that since the Bombers are desparate for a proven commodity at QB going into 2014 (even if we sign Willy he is far from proven).

If we trade our first round draft pick in 2015 for Glenn I'll find myself yearning for the days of Mike Kelly.

Why wouldn't we just go after Willy and wait for the shoe to drop in Ottawa?

The shoe being Ottawa having to make a move to move Glenn.

If Hanker signs with Ottawa, I say good riddance! and I don't think Walters has to account for anything. I say good for him if Burris and his Agent were trying to hold him up for ransom.

At some point, Walters has to get the job done.  We gave Mack two years of blaming Kelly...  look where that got us.

If Hanker signs with Ottawa, I say good riddance! and I don't think Walters has to account for anything. I say good for him if Burris and his Agent were trying to hold him up for ransom.

At some point, Walters has to get the job done.  We gave Mack two years of blaming Kelly...  look where that got us.

Overpaying a 39 year old QB is not getting the job done either.

Except we didn't sign Collaros and said we were targeting Burris...  he hasn't signed Muamba...  lost Kohlert... hasn't announced coaching complete coaching staff...  you could say he has overpaid in trades... at the very least, our trades have been non-impact - unless Neufeld comes though...  

I'm still on his side, but things are starting to pile up.

Free agency should give us a pretty good idea whether Walters is in over his head...

Except we didn't sign Collaros and said we were targeting Burris...  he hasn't signed Muamba...  lost Kohlert... hasn't announced coaching complete coaching staff...  you could say he has overpaid in trades... at the very least, our trades have been non-impact - unless Neufeld comes though...  

Free agency should give us a pretty good idea whether Walters is in over his head...

We haven't lost Kohlert or Muamba yet though.

After all dust settles from Free Agency we'll be able to judge things a little better.

Well first we never really seriously went hard after Collaros - There's a reason for that. The team doesn't think as high of him as others do, as evidenced by their offer. He's also a boat load of money to Henoc as Lawless (despite what anyone thinks of him) has pointed out time and again but if he wants to try the NFL or see what what value is on the open market, you can't fault him for that and hold a gun to Henoc's head and make him sign.

Overpaying in trades...I'm assuming you're referring to the Hall/Neufeld deal because all the other ones have either been good, or too early to tell if it's a bad trade or not - and really you can make that argument that it's to early to tell there given Neufeld hasn't even suited up for a game with us. Walters replaced Hall with Vega, and frankly just about any time you ship off an import for a starting non import, chances are you've made off alright. Kohlert was left unprotected because he was a pending free agent. His chances are every bit as good as playing here as it is Ottawa or anywhere else, so to say we've lost him at this point is very premature.

As for the coaching staff, that's O'Shea's job, not Walters.

A guy on TEP just pointed out that the CFL congress start on Feb. 4...in Ottawa. Isn't Burris a player rep?

This smells just like the "Khari is on a plane to Winnipeg" rumours we had a few weeks ago.

That's a risk you take with putting people on planes in the winter with the bad weather.  That plane lands in Vancouver and we lose a coach.  If we used Greyhound to transport our hires at least they would stop in places less desirable than Winnipeg, and then they'd be so relieved when they get here that they'd sign for anything.