is anyone getting "that" feeling with Henry Burris...

Mr. Perfect

I'd be shocked if Burris went to Montreal or Ottawa... If he goes too Edmonton just trade for Reilly... We'd be better off anyway

But why would Reilly be available ?

Burris at most would start for 2 seasons if even, Reilly's contract is performance based (IIRC his base is $70k), unless Reilly makes a big stink about not being the starter, it make no sense for Edmonton to get rid of him. Nichols has been ridiculously injury prone so far and Crompton is only entering his second season as a back-up,

I'd also be shocked if Burris ended up in Ottawa.

I'd take Troy Smith over either of them. I have a bad feeling Reilly is going to become Buck Pierce 2.0. He can't keep taking those hits and stay on the field.

I don't think Smith is going anywhere any time soon, he's Montreal's golden boy right now. His name alone keeps him there for at least a little while.

But why would Reilly be available ?

Burris at most would start for 2 seasons if even, Reilly's contract is performance based (IIRC his base is $70k), unless Reilly makes a big stink about not being the starter, it make no sense for Edmonton to get rid of him.

That might have been for the first season only. He also got a $70,000 signing bonus.

Reilly and Smith are going nowhere.....   

Just like it's a lock that we're getting Burris for a discounted rate as you put it, even though he is looking for a raise compared to his last contract in Hamilton, right?

Who is going to pay him more then what he made in Hamilton last season?  If he is wanting $300 000 as you suggested.... how will those other teams be able to pay him when they already have QB(s) making starter salary??

When was the last time a team signed and had a press conference on a Weekend.... specially Superbowl weekend!???

Would make only sense to make the announcement mid week... 

Yeah. We wouldn't want to overshadow the "Superbowel Extravaganza" Sunday with the Burris signing. :)

When was the last time a team signed and had a press conference on a Weekend.... specially Superbowl weekend!???

Would make only sense to make the announcement mid week... 

Yeah. We wouldn't want to overshadow the "Superbowel Extravaganza" Sunday with the Burris signing. :)

Well the fair weather fans I think would be excited for the team signing Burris....  this would get the Blue Bombers back in the local news and would *hopefully* sell some extra season tickets.    It would only make sense to make the announcement on a slow news day.

Reilly and Smith are going nowhere.....   

Just like it's a lock that we're getting Burris for a discounted rate as you put it, even though he is looking for a raise compared to his last contract in Hamilton, right?

Who is going to pay him more then what he made in Hamilton last season?  If he is wanting $300 000 as you suggested.... how will those other teams be able to pay him when they already have QB(s) making starter salary??

Depends what their cap situations are and if they choose to ask someone to rework their contract or cut them free. As I said yesterday (and confirmed in the Free Press today if you have a look where it says right in the headline) Burris is not coming here cheap if he even comes here at all. Whatever bids he has on the table will only continue to increase until us and the three other teams interested (Edmonton, Montreal, Ottawa as reported a number of times) submit their final offers. Burris is in the position of power here. When you have 4 of the 9 teams in the league bidding for your services, it puts the player in a great position to make a lot of money. It's not science.

Well those asshats in Ottawa... Way to treat your boy Glenn who you've led down the garden path as you had him thinking he's your starter. And Hank, if you go to Ottawa where you have to compete with Glenn for a starting spot, you're an idiot. And deserve all the **** you get. Of course this leads to all kinds of trade possibilities.... But our qb hunt may be going from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Rod Pedersen is out to lunch.

How credible is he?  I don't know much about him.  I wonder if he is just speculating or whether he has some inside info?

It really depends.

Pedersen is one of those reporters who needs to have information. His reputation isn't as solid as guys like Madani or Edwards, so he can't just wait for information to fall into his lap. If there's none to be had, he simply makes up his own.

He's right sometimes, wrong an awful lot more.

More than QB needs fixing. #bombers Need to know how much cap they'll have on Feb 15th. If I'm Kyle Walters - Burris deal expires this week

Obvious only deal with guaranteed starter money is coming from #bombers. Burris has right to try and get most money. But can push too far

Not sure what Gary knows that he thinks only the Bombers are offering Hank starter money. But Gary and Rod are apparently on different ends of the spectrum.

Given Burris' history, there is no way in holy hell he would go to OTT and compete for a starting job with Glenn. 

Pederast is woefully unconnected. He literally scours the Twitterverse looking for chatter and then puts it out as a "insider rumbling."

He's one notch higher than Nasty Nate in terms of credibility. 

Unless Ottawa is prepared to release/trade Glenn?

Given Burris' history, there is no way in holy hell he would go to OTT and compete for a starting job with Glenn.

Pederast is woefully unconnected. He literally scours the Twitterverse looking for chatter and then puts it out as a "insider rumbling."

Why would they draft him then? Plus Glenn is a much better team player ...

Kinda odd to take Glenn just to release him.  But if they did for whatever reason, I'd be happy with Glenn too as our Vet.