is anyone getting "that" feeling with Henry Burris...

Mr. Perfect

So if Burris is in Ottawa Feb 4-7 for the CFL congress meetings, does that delay any announcement on him signing until next week?

I don't see why it would. His agent said a decision would come early in the week, and cell phones and text messages, etc are wonderful things.

Hahah. I know but most assume the Bombers would want him here in person for an official announcement.

So if Burris is in Ottawa Feb 4-7 for the CFL congress meetings, does that delay any announcement on him signing until next week?

I don't see why it would. His agent said a decision would come early in the week, and cell phones and text messages, etc are wonderful things.

Hahah. I know but most assume the Bombers would want him here in person for an official announcement.

Sure but putting pen to paper is priority #1. Nothing wrong with introducing him to the media at a later date. We all know who Henry is and what he's about. "I'm so happy to be here, thankful for the opportunity, looking forward to working with Coach so and so and so on and so forth."

If Hanker signs with Ottawa, I say good riddance! and I don't think Walters has to account for anything. I say good for him if Burris and his Agent were trying to hold him up for ransom.

At some point, Walters has to get the job done.  We gave Mack two years of blaming Kelly...  look where that got us.

Overpaying a 39 year old QB is not getting the job done either.

Except we didn't sign Collaros and said we were targeting Burris...  he hasn't signed Muamba...  lost Kohlert... hasn't announced coaching complete coaching staff...  you could say he has overpaid in trades... at the very least, our trades have been non-impact - unless Neufeld comes though...  

I'm still on his side, but things are starting to pile up.

Free agency should give us a pretty good idea whether Walters is in over his head...

We haven't lost Kohlert or Muamba yet though.

After all dust settles from Free Agency we'll be able to judge things a little better.

I love the way you argued with me there by repeating my previous statement.

If Hanker signs with Ottawa, I say good riddance! and I don't think Walters has to account for anything. I say good for him if Burris and his Agent were trying to hold him up for ransom.

At some point, Walters has to get the job done.  We gave Mack two years of blaming Kelly...  look where that got us.

Overpaying a 39 year old QB is not getting the job done either.

Except we didn't sign Collaros and said we were targeting Burris...  he hasn't signed Muamba...  lost Kohlert... hasn't announced coaching complete coaching staff...  you could say he has overpaid in trades... at the very least, our trades have been non-impact - unless Neufeld comes though...  

I'm still on his side, but things are starting to pile up.

Free agency should give us a pretty good idea whether Walters is in over his head...

Well first we never really seriously went hard after Collaros - There's a reason for that. The team doesn't think as high of him as others do, as evidenced by their offer. He's also a boat load of money to Henoc as Lawless (despite what anyone thinks of him) has pointed out time and again but if he wants to try the NFL or see what what value is on the open market, you can't fault him for that and hold a gun to Henoc's head and make him sign.

Overpaying in trades...I'm assuming you're referring to the Hall/Neufeld deal because all the other ones have either been good, or too early to tell if it's a bad trade or not - and really you can make that argument that it's to early to tell there given Neufeld hasn't even suited up for a game with us. Walters replaced Hall with Vega, and frankly just about any time you ship off an import for a starting non import, chances are you've made off alright. Kohlert was left unprotected because he was a pending free agent. His chances are every bit as good as playing here as it is Ottawa or anywhere else, so to say we've lost him at this point is very premature.

As for the coaching staff, that's O'Shea's job, not Walters.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

SHANKS

(WTF. Can't figure out why I can't separate the comments)

Anyway:

Kohlert made it fairly clear he waasn't going to sign before Feb 15 because his fiance lives in Wpg unless that's changed. I'm thinking that he'll be back in B&G this year. As for Burris...I'm sick and tired of the games. Play for us and play hard and I don't care who you are or what stats you've put up. If Glenn does come back to Wpg he's got more class than I ever have him credit for. If Burris is indeed going to the Redblacks, oh well. Bye Frank

Yup. Now I'm completely confused and at this very moment I don't give a good gosh Dam. Give me a call hank when you decide.

So, you're saying you're not into hank as much as hank is in you…shanks.

That's a lie. hank has never been in me.......that I can remember. :D

Yup. Now I'm completely confused and at this very moment I don't give a good gosh Dam. Give me a call hank when you decide.

So, you're saying you're not into hank as much as hank is in you…shanks.

That's a lie. hank has never been in me.......that I can remember. :D

Apparently Hank is quite the player, so you never know!

Well, put me in the "shocked" column.

We must absolutely be considered a joke of a franchise for Burris to not come here. He'd rather sign with a team that offers direct competition? Good lord.

The idea of Henry Burris never really appealed to me, my first choice was always Collaros but for the Bombers to skip out on Collaros and identify Burris as their #1 choice and then NOT get him?

This is the worst offseason.

I think its fantastic if Ottawa signs Hank and we sign Willy. Our cap space will allow up to shore up all the other areas of weakness. Nothing like a team starting out with a QB controversy right off the bat. I cannot see Glenn and Hank playing well together. In all honesty I would take Tate or Glenn before Burris asking as we get Willy. I'm not giving up hope until I hear that Willy won't be signing here too.

Very happy to not have to watch Burris wear a Bomber jersey, but at the same time, there were lots of promises made by Walters and Miller about getting things done via free agency and so far seems like he's striking out. 

Just don't get desperate enough to overy pay for Glenn in a trade cause you know Ottawa is going to try. Tell em to go **** themselves and enjoy 2 starting qbs, one who wants to start and one who hates competition. 

Well, put me in the "shocked" column.

We must absolutely be considered a joke of a franchise for Burris to not come here. He'd rather sign with a team that offers direct competition? Good lord.

The idea of Henry Burris never really appealed to me, my first choice was always Collaros but for the Bombers to skip out on Collaros and identify Burris as their #1 choice and then NOT get him?

This is the worst offseason.

Actually I'm looking at it the other way. My first thought in seeing yet again another headline of missing out, in this case the headline that Burris will be signing in Ottawa, is motivation. Motivation to build a culture that players/coaches want to come/stay here. After the last few shite years of mismanagement at all levels, what did we expect? It's time to right this ship, look at the players we have who want to play here and use that as motivation. This year we turn the corner in moving back to respectability, mark my words.