Kenny Lawler.

37 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Kick returners & receiver seems to be the weakness of this scouting group we have. It almost seems that Dalton Schoen was a fluke.

So kick returners and receivers are a weak spot despite us bringing in two of the best players at those positions that the league has seen in a decade?

23 minutes ago, Mike said:

So kick returners and receivers are a weak spot despite us bringing in two of the best players at those positions that the league has seen in a decade?

Well...if you're busting their nuts on other guys who started in other CFL camps you might as well do it on Janarion Grant too.  Started in Hamilton's camp.

I believe it is a major weak spot.  Aside from Grant and maybe Kevin Fogg this personnel department over a decade have struggled greatly to find/coach someone up who can perform the basic tasks of a punt returner....secure the ball and get 10 yards.

In terms of receiver I don't really know what they were going for this year but we had a ton of the 5'11 190 guys in camp.  And that's basically who we have left.  Hopefully they are fast because Collaros only goes vertical.  Probably should be looking more for the Lawler body types.

8 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Well...if you're busting their nuts on other guys who started in other CFL camps you might as well do it on Janarion Grant too.  Started in Hamilton's camp.

I believe it is a major weak spot.  Aside from Grant and maybe Kevin Fogg this personnel department over a decade have struggled greatly to find/coach someone up who can perform the basic tasks of a punt returner....secure the ball and get 10 yards.

In terms of receiver I don't really know what they were going for this year but we had a ton of the 5'11 190 guys in camp.  And that's basically who we have left.  Hopefully they are fast because Collaros only goes vertical.  Probably should be looking more for the Lawler body types.

That’s what made me excited for Pokey Wilson when the signed him. He could be huge for stretching the field. 

6 hours ago, Goalie said:

I think his loss is a big one in the room. He always brought the fire. 

Without being there, I’d speculate the biggest loss to that room was Andrew. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

25 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

If you're looking to the past, which I don't think they should be, Agudosi is currently a free agent and already knows the playbook.

He does know the system, could be a size mismatch.

On 2024-06-10 at 9:10 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Kick returners & receiver seems to be the weakness of this scouting group we have. It almost seems that Dalton Schoen was a fluke.

Receivers I disagree with, and returners? How would we know? We haven't, in earnest, been looking for one since we scooped up Grant.

7 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Receivers I disagree with, and returners? How would we know? We haven't, in earnest, been looking for one since we scooped up Grant.

Receivers, I mean Schoen? They’ve brought in quite a few others that got the job done over the years, just not all top of the league or anything. 
Returners before Grant, we had some decent, some not. Troy Stoudermire, Charles Nelson, Ryan Lankford all had their moments. Again not spectacular, but average-solid. 

I’m still holding out for Chris Smith, guy looked really good and @Booch said he’s kicking around still. 

9 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Receivers, I mean Schoen? They’ve brought in quite a few others that got the job done over the years, just not all top of the league or anything. 
Returners before Grant, we had some decent, some not. Troy Stoudermire, Charles Nelson, Ryan Lankford all had their moments. Again not spectacular, but average-solid. 

I’m still holding out for Chris Smith, guy looked really good and @Booch said he’s kicking around still. 

Then I look at a team like the Argos or Lions and envy their receiving depth .. they always seem to have someone new, each year, capable of stepping in and making an impact.

I also think Buck isn't exactly an offensive mastermind (and is somewhat handicapped having cut his teeth under LaPo).

1 minute ago, voodoochylde said:

Then I look at a team like the Argos or Lions and envy their receiving depth .. they always seem to have someone new, each year, capable of stepping in and making an impact.

I also think Buck isn't exactly an offensive mastermind (and is somewhat handicapped having cut his teeth under LaPo).

Agree with this. I think Buck struggles hard at adjusting in-game. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I wonder about our offense purely from a collaros standpoint. 

Yup he’s not the 10 play TD QB. He’s 4 plays or less. Plus doesn’t check down. I’m curious also. He’s not Matt nichols dink n dunk but that’s not a bad thing when he’s on but when he’s not on, they need to sit him for a bit. Love Zach. Good dude. Wonder if hanging with T Swift went to his head. Probably but # me too. 

Edited by Goalie