2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

Rough list of canadians who could/have been starters for us on our roster right now.

Kola, neuf, dobson/eli, demski, brady, woli, thomas, lawson, kramdi.

If I rank them, I'd have: Brady, Demski, Woli(with in his role), Lawson, Neuf, Dobson/Eli, Kola, Kramdi, Thomas.

A few notes. With woli you could get a better wr. But I do not think you could get a guy who plays his role better, or who is a better wr that can play the same role. Similarly Demski and Brady are at the top of their positions league wide. Lawson I think is on the verge of and could this year be the best NI DT in the league. Neuf has been a stalwart on the line for seemingly 100 years. Eli should've already been starting imo, dobson needs to start to improve at this point. Kola is an up jumped 6th ol with out upside. Kramdi is a guy with plenty of up side who could easily leapfrog kola, and could jump dobson if liam doesn't start much this year. Thomas, is burnt toast. 

Eli, I think could start on a few teams right away, and would. Lawson I think would start on more. NI depth at a cover db spot makes it tougher to start an NI. And I don't think Kramdi fits the role most teams go with. 

Parker would've hands down been a better sam than kramdi last year imo. Though comparing imp to ni isn't fair or apples to apples. I think ford is a better cover guy than kramdi. But kramdi has a knack for making plays in the box. Kramdi missed as many or more big plays than he made last year. Which is a testament to his ability to read and react, as well as to have the athleticism to get in position to make a big play. But is also a knock on his consistent ability to make the play or make the right play. As far as the last NI starter with an at worst comparable guy to platoon with, that is a damn good position to be in. 

He's 27 this season, with 3 years under his belt. He's gotten better each year, and should do the same this year. If he does take that step forward, he's going to leave us in an excellent position. If he doesn't, he's still a good roster guy in his prime with Ford just a year younger than him. Personally, I'd rather start an ni sam than an ni S. I don't think he, or much of any one else should have a spot guaranteed. More guys probably have one than I'd like. But I think if Ford blows his doors off in camp that Ford will start and Kramdi will back up. 

18 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I agree. Kramdi gets crapped on, and I'm not sure why. I thought he was pretty decent once he settled in.

I agree with that as well. However, Kramdi did take the job from an underperforming Darby, so they were willing to make that change. I would hope if Cole looks better than Kramdi they would do the same. I think Kramdi could be a very useful rep taker in our secondary when needed. I don't even mind him competing at S really, better back up plan than Hallett imo.

doesnt cut it....not in my books....and If Cole is rightfully earned and given that spot....and the true actual opportunity, as well as Fox at tackle....and one of Garbutt or Haba rotating at end....you will clearly see the "why the eff were they not allowed to play last yr" thing going down....and really....From Darby to Kramdi...there was no difference in the defence...was more a teachers pet situ...Draby fell out of favour for whatever reason but was no way a liability like people are saying Kramdi wasn't

Just now, Pete said:

Kramdl as mentioned before is a decent sam , my concern is hes being paid to be more than that.Especially since we dont have a strong need for a starting cdn. 

yeah he is being paid large dinaro to be the worst Dime in league...if he's gifted it....again

25 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I agree. Kramdi gets crapped on, and I'm not sure why. I thought he was pretty decent once he settled in.

I agree with that as well. However, Kramdi did take the job from an underperforming Darby, so they were willing to make that change. I would hope if Cole looks better than Kramdi they would do the same. I think Kramdi could be a very useful rep taker in our secondary when needed. I don't even mind him competing at S really, better back up plan than Hallett imo.

Man Darby sure turned to pot last year.

As far as NI back up S goes, I think Kelly should be groomed for that role. I love the player that both halletts are when healthy. But Nick is 30, noah is turning 27, both have fought some injury bugs but especially Noah. Much rather kramdi and ford be on D than either hallett. 

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

doesnt cut it....not in my books....and If Cole is rightfully earned and given that spot....and the true actual opportunity, as well as Fox at tackle....and one of Garbutt or Haba rotating at end....you will clearly see the "why the eff were they not allowed to play last yr" thing going down....and really....From Darby to Kramdi...there was no difference in the defence...was more a teachers pet situ...Draby fell out of favour for whatever reason but was no way a liability like people are saying Kramdi wasn't

yeah he is being paid large dinaro to be the worst Dime in league...if he's gifted it....again

Wilson and biggies aged combined this year will tick up to 68. Cole could succeed at a few spots, and would be amazing at S especially. But I think he will be needed this year, it's just a matter of time. 

If any thing pressing happens on D for an NI, I think Gauthier should have earned more of a look though. He was one of our best defensive players in the GC. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Man Darby sure turned to pot last year.

As far as NI back up S goes, I think Kelly should be groomed for that role. I love the player that both halletts are when healthy. But Nick is 30, noah is turning 27, both have fought some injury bugs but especially Noah. Much rather kramdi and ford be on D than either hallett. 

not sure why we keep bringing the other Hallett back...several major injuries...with major surgery and major rehab...will never be what he was...or reach whatever potential he had...wasted roster spot in camp right now....and i am certain he will be in the tub yet again

if they wanna start 2 Canadians on defence I'd prefer they start Kelly there to be honest, and DI Alexander as the jack of all trades guy for rotation...leadershio and injury, or if someone is having lunch handed to them....He can cover all the DB spots if need be...I'm sure could slide to Wilson's spot, if need be. People ask why is Kramdi dogged so much, but will dog BA...many don't see some of the "losing a step/not the same) criticism was them having him play some stupid Hybrid role that just didnt work, and part of it he wasn't 100percent either but gutted it out none the less...be intwresting if he has shed the brace this yr...if he still needs it...or feels he does...then I'd almost move on and slide Holmsie to safety and have a diffrent HB 

33 minutes ago, Mike said:

how many years on Earth do I need before I talk like a robot? 

Maybe that would've been a witty retort if it was responding to one of my frequent overly verbose rambles, but sorry Mike you missed the mark today! Best leave it to the pros when it comes to football punditry and forum hot takes 😉 

I'm looking forward to seeing if you guys can bring a fresh twist to the "AI robot" jokes directed towards me this season. It's getting a bit stale, but there's still potential if you approach it from the right angle I think 🤪

Just now, Pepper_Brooks said:

Maybe that would've been a witty retort if it was responding to one of my frequent overly verbose rambles, but sorry Mike you missed the mark today! Best leave it to the pros when it comes to football punditry and forum hot takes 😉 

I'm looking forward to seeing if you guys can bring a fresh twist to the "AI robot" jokes directed towards me this season. It's getting a bit stale, but there's still potential if you approach it from the right angle I think 🤪

He was just being nice and not saying "talk like a dork" lol

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

He was just being nice and not saying "talk like a dork" lol

Using dork as an mean insult fell out of favour around the same decade as your football career lol.

My kids tell me a talk like a dork all the time. My grandson will come to that realization soon too I figure. 

8 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Maybe that would've been a witty retort if it was responding to one of my frequent overly verbose rambles, but sorry Mike you missed the mark today! Best leave it to the pros when it comes to football punditry and forum hot takes 😉 (CHATgpt, May 13th, 2024)

I'm looking forward to seeing if you guys can bring a fresh twist to the "AI robot" jokes directed towards me this season. It's getting a bit stale, but there's still potential if you approach it from the right angle I think 🤪 (CHATgpt, May 13th, 2024)

Cite your work class. Sheebus.

Sorry, hard to resist beating a joke to death. 

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Cite your work class. Sheebus.

Sorry, hard to resist beating a joke to death. 

Sir, I've officially declared on the forum record that I utilize Google Gemini (formerly Bard) to generate my football fantasies.

3 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Using dork as an mean insult fell out of favour around the same decade as your football career lol.

My kids tell me a talk like a dork all the time. My grandson will come to that realization soon too I figure. 

I didnt play into 2010....dork lol

22 minutes ago, Booch said:

not sure why we keep bringing the other Hallett back...several major injuries...with major surgery and major rehab...will never be what he was...or reach whatever potential he had...wasted roster spot in camp right now....and i am certain he will be in the tub yet again

if they wanna start 2 Canadians on defence I'd prefer they start Kelly there to be honest, and DI Alexander as the jack of all trades guy for rotation...leadershio and injury, or if someone is having lunch handed to them....He can cover all the DB spots if need be...I'm sure could slide to Wilson's spot, if need be. People ask why is Kramdi dogged so much, but will dog BA...many don't see some of the "losing a step/not the same) criticism was them having him play some stupid Hybrid role that just didnt work, and part of it he wasn't 100percent either but gutted it out none the less...be intwresting if he has shed the brace this yr...if he still needs it...or feels he does...then I'd almost move on and slide Holmsie to safety and have a diffrent HB 

Yeah, mad rash of injuries. Too bad, but my expectations are real low. 

BA as the nat american would be dope. With Cole as DI, we could rotate and slide guys around to give a ton of different looks. 

Pepperidge farm always seems to be talking about pepperidge farm. 

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Really don’t get the Kramdi hate. He’s solid. Always around the ball. Does his job well. You need the reliable guys just as much as you need the flashy guys, they set the flashy guys up to make those big plays.

Agreed - thought in the second half of the season in particular he played gradually better football.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Jake Kelly?

What about him makes you think he'd be a better starter in the secondary than Kramdi or Hallett?

We jumped the shark lol.

Should we cut Evan Holm still?

42 minutes ago, JCon said:

Does BA still have it? 

I'm going to say no.

He has it in very brief glimpses where he still makes some plays on the ball but he was more of a liability in a lot of games last year than I think we would get from an average player.

I was surprised he made it to this camp.  I thought he would have been one of the vets they moved on from.