Free Agency Day - Bombers Moves

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

Regarding the punter. I thought he boomed them quite often when they let him. I’m not sure he’s the guy out there kicking weird ****. They also fired the sp teams coordinator so….  

have they named a new one yet or is OSH taking it on. 

That was the frustrating part. In warm up he'd be kicking completely fine. And in game he'd always try to get the weird bounce....which I'm actually a huge fan of, but it obviously wasn't working. Maybe 1 out of 10 punts would 

Sergio is the only vet kicker around I’d want right now. 
 Assuming we bring him back, I’d rather let him punt unless we can find an ni or maybe a global who has a bede Esq kick off leg as well. Sergio is a good punter, his kick offs suck but who knows how the kick off will even work this year. Not worth sacrificing all those net punt yards and having consistent punts from our end that put the other team in field goal position to start. 

14 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

That was the frustrating part. In warm up he'd be kicking completely fine. And in game he'd always try to get the weird bounce....which I'm actually a huge fan of, but it obviously wasn't working. Maybe 1 out of 10 punts would 

Yeah and he started out better than he ended up but damn it can’t just be the coaches call when he was soo horrid at punting from deep in our end. 

11 hours ago, Booch said:

Smith was looked at/projected as a legit NFL elite returner..so curious if he takes over the McRae role...but only being a huge return threat and way more effective on offence

Good at waving his hand and letting the ball fly over his head, lol

Miller will have his work cut out for him...BUT if anyone can get it done he can....Hansen when he was healthy was one of the best ....he will be replaced....Haven't heard anything on Bailey or BOLO.....Castillo is close and should be back ....Grey is interesting ....thought he'd be re-signed by now or picked up by someone...Lot's of fa's still out there

Edited by Stickem

13 hours ago, bluedawg said:

Thiadric Hansen is probably cooked after the Achilles. Plus he's 31. 

Assuming Koromoko will compete with the 21st Canadian for a special teams type of role. Then maybe a battle for the punting job this year between the guy we had last year and another global?

I will say, I see doom and gloom around here on the lack of signings but I think there's going to be A LOT of competition this year from young Canadians and Americans fighting for legitimate roles on the team. That should get people excited.

Might be some growing pains but I'd think the plan would be coach the young guys up and let them get experience throughout the season and hope to gel by the time playoffs role around.

Thiadric was not healthy all year last year imo. Not sure if the achilles will be the end of his career but we gave him more game time last year than we probably should have. He wasn't good unfortunately.

17 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Thiadric was not healthy all year last year imo. Not sure if the achilles will be the end of his career but we gave him more game time last year than we probably should have. He wasn't good unfortunately.

Takes time to bounce back from that. I wouldn't be surprised to see him making an impact this year.

54 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Takes time to bounce back from that. I wouldn't be surprised to see him making an impact this year.

I hope so. After the years he spent toiling for peanuts he deserves it.

4 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

That's the one I've been waiting for.

For sure. Big get for us. 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Ford back allows us some options now....I could see him slotted at Boundary corner or SAM...plus is a back-up returner option too if our game day guy gets dinged...solid piece to the puzzle

Ooohh Ford at SAM....imagine that.

Just now, GCn20 said:

Ooohh Ford at SAM....imagine that.

Thats my hope...with Kram backing up....Way more athletic....way faster as Kramdi is a 4.7 guy.....and I would assume a better tackler...as Kramdi is a smidge better than Houston was....

Just now, Booch said:

Thats my hope...with Kram backing up....Way more athletic....way faster as Kramdi is a 4.7 guy.....and I would assume a better tackler...as Kramdi is a smidge better than Houston was....

Small sample size but Ford laid some hellacious hits last time he suited up. If that is his style all the time, I wanna see more.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I was thinking more along the lines of a rotation where Kramdi would take the majority of the blitzing / line of scrimmage stuff and Ford could see the coverage calls from the SAM spot

I think Kramdi is a pretty good disruptor at the line and in the second level. He whiffed a few, but he made good reads to get to the right spot to stop the run more often than I saw him not … I like both guys at that spot for very different reasons.

Also not opposed to Ford at the field side corner but we’re already pencilling in 8 Canadians so how many more do we really need 

Just now, GCn20 said:

Small sample size but Ford laid some hellacious hits last time he suited up. If that is his style all the time, I wanna see more.

and showed great close and nice coverage...tho he shows that in practice all the time regardless so not a shock...just needed a chance and was not getting it at time with guys we had in front of him...He also excelled on ST's as well so that will help this yr too

Just now, Booch said:

and showed great close and nice coverage...tho he shows that in practice all the time regardless so not a shock...just needed a chance and was not getting it at time with guys we had in front of him...He also excelled on ST's as well so that will help this yr too

Yea....the kid is a baller imo. A big get.