The 2024 Grim Reaper Thread

On 2024-04-02 at 2:50 PM, Noeller said:

I only learned today that Flaherty isn't actually Canadian... we just kind of adopted him. Wild. 

Flaherty also did not start as a performer, he began his career as a production assistant with Second City in Chicago with no intention of ever going on stage.  He got roped into filling roles whenever an extra body was needed and began his career mostly by being in the right place at the wrong time.  

Re: Farley, there's a great series of docs on HBO/Crave called "I Am ______" (Farley, Walker, Swayze, Ledger...) and the Farley one is just fantastic. 

57 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Re: Farley, there's a great series of docs on HBO/Crave called "I Am ______" (Farley, Walker, Swayze, Ledger...) and the Farley one is just fantastic. 

Kinison, MLK, Reynolds, Jackie O we could all go on, I wonder if they'll make another one and who would the subject be

Edited by iHeart

On 2024-04-06 at 8:10 AM, Noeller said:

Also the reaction isn't quite as big from Sandler (Carvey actually seems the most surprised by it) but I do remember them talking about this sketch and how Farley was supposed to be a nothing part in it, but he just decided on his own to take it up 5 notches to try and break the other cast. Unbelievably funny. 

Insert Norm Macdonald sound bites here

https://www.tmz.com/2024/04/11/oj-simpson-dead-dies-cancer/

you know it's a good thing I spent the 90s unaware of the news around me otherwise THAT coverage would have driven me bonkers. 7 years ago my parents and I were on vacation in Grand Forks and we were on a break from shopping, what happened next was kind of unavoidable, every single channel was covering his parole hearing, even the CBC feed they had. I told them they were better off watching the weather channel, but they ended up watching the coverage anyway

Edited by iHeart

And today the world is a better place.

I will never forget where I was when the freeway chase happened, in Duluth, MN and to the surprise of all the Canadians in the room there were some people cheering for him to get away. Like WTF???

23 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I wonder if he ever found the real killers in any of those golf courses he played, the guy had it all but was rotten to the core.

honestly I'm surprised there wasn't a deathbed confession

56 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Dude lied for 30 years pretty much. Doubt he’d say oh hey I know everyone knows cuz you’d have to be mentally gone to think I didn’t kill Ron and Nicole but hey I did it. Yeah right. He lied for 30 years. Why would he say he did it now. So god could have mercy on him eventho he lied for 30 years. lol. 

please. 

15 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Dude lied for 30 years pretty much. Doubt he’d say oh hey I know everyone knows cuz you’d have to be mentally gone to think I didn’t kill Ron and Nicole but hey I did it. Yeah right. He lied for 30 years. Why would he say he did it now. So god could have mercy on him eventho he lied for 30 years. lol. 

please. 

I also remember him right after him being found not-guilty in the criminal case passionately declaring he will not rest until he finds the actual killer (s)?

It's been sometime now, what 30+ years, haven't heard much, actually nothing in this relentless pursuit and pouring of resources into finding the real killer(s)?

ffs

Edited by HardCoreBlue

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

220px-If_I_did_It_2.png

He already did.. the balls of the guy to make a book saying "if I did it"....

That guy was scum and had they not had the Rodney King stuff a few years before then OJ would of certainly went to jail for the murders.  

47 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I also remember him right after him being found not-guilty in the criminal case passionately declaring he will not rest until he finds the actual killer (s)?

It's been sometime now, what 30+ years, haven't heard much, actually nothing in this relentless pursuit and pouring of resources into finding the real killer(s)?

ffs

But he did find the real killer, right when he walked past his first mirror. Then he rested easy. 

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

But he did find the real killer, right when he walked past his first mirror. Then he rested easy. 

There are many things I remember, one being feeling the authentic deep sadness, hate and anger coming from Fred Goldman, Ron Goldman's father.

It was intense to watch.

He got off because the prosecutors in the case were bozos, the glove was their biggest mistake to a crime that a first year law student could of won. As for OJ the dude had everything college career NFL career, kinda movie career, endorsements, on the talk show circuit and even on football telecasts. Divorce ate him alive for sure but he was always an A hole.