The 2024 Grim Reaper Thread

I remember Glynn Johns. She was in a lot of Brirish films in the 50's & 60's. I've seen The Sundowners a number of times, including Grade 11 or 12 when we studied the novel in English class. Then later we got to see the movie in the lunchroom at Churchill High which starred Johns & Robert MItchum, Peter Ustinov & Deborah Kerr.

oh man this one kind of hurts, I'm glad I got to have sampled Today's Special when Treehouse TV aired it in Year One, I spent my last week of Summer Break 1998 (This was back when School started at the end of August and not a few days after Labour Day) binging stuff on Treehouse for some reason, a part of me wishes I didn't considering that YTV was at the Tail end of the You Rule Era (the Keep it Weird era scared me off it was just too much for me)

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/todays-special-actor-activist-nerene-virgin-dies-at-78/article_8977f67e-b660-11ee-8203-1f88c4efa4fe.html

Edited by iHeart

I meant I questioned why I was putting West Side Story in there while I could be showing one of the things she won a Tony award for (Yeah I was surprised when I found out that she didn't win for that.....nor did the show win for best musical)

Edited by iHeart

16 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Were you thinking of Rita Moreno?

no she wasn't in the original production she was in the original film version hell a couple of years back she was at the Oscars cheering Ariana De Bose on when she won (and if it were Rita Moreno I probably would have shared her version of America, plus well, any random episode of Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego)

Edited by iHeart