The 2024 Grim Reaper Thread

4 hours ago, iHeart said:

Really good self-deprecating comedian back in the days. 

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Can’t beat the grim reaper 😂

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Not the greatest PM in Canadian history. He brought in the free trade agreement, with the US & Mexico, saw the CF 18 contract given to Bombardier in Montreal rather than Boeing in Winnipeg which led to the rise of Western Populism & the Reform Party with the slogan, "The West Wants In". He brought in the GST, the Meech Lake Accords & had a few scandals in his second term that caused the Liberals to come back... Certainly Jean Chretien's career was resurrected from the ashes because of it. May he Rest in Peace.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Not the greatest PM in Canadian history. He brought in the free trade agreement, with the US & Mexico, saw the CF 18 contract given to Bombardier in Montreal rather than Boeing in Winnipeg which led to the rise of Western Populism & the Reform Party with the slogan, "The West Wants In". He brought in the GST, the Meech Lake Accords & had a few scandals in his second term that caused the Liberals to come back... Certainly Jean Chretien's career was resurrected from the ashes because of it. May he Rest in Peace.

Airbu$

I only see Al's posts when someone quotes them, but honestly half of what he said about Mulroney makes me very glad he was PM. And because I don't want even MORE demerits, I'm going to end the Poli talk at that ...

18 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It was Bristol not Boeing.

14 hours ago, Noeller said:

I only see Al's posts when someone quotes them, but honestly half of what he said about Mulroney makes me very glad he was PM. And because I don't want even MORE demerits, I'm going to end the Poli talk at that ...

Typical Noeller. I wasn't criticizing. I was listing some of the things he did by memory. Hence Boeing & not Bristol Arerospace. Noeller was 6 when Mulroney was PM.

Ronnie King of The Stampeders (such an unfortunate name) passed away. Lotta hits from that group over the years... have always loved Minstrel Gypsy and, of course, Sweet City Woman was huge. They're apparently going to continue with previously planned "Final" tour....

35 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ronnie King of The Stampeders (such an unfortunate name) passed away. Lotta hits from that group over the years... have always loved Minstrel Gypsy and, of course, Sweet City Woman was huge. They're apparently going to continue with previously planned "Final" tour....

Cool guitar, especially for that time/era.

42 minutes ago, Noeller said:

just another video where I have to go....what were they thinking/doing back in the 70's?