The 2024 Grim Reaper Thread

Kolstov was suicide and I’m sure Simon was also. Lots of ppl have CTE. Not all of them kill themselves or others. 

Simon tho had his demons and I’d imagine they got the best of him 

CTE don’t make you load a gun and kill yourself. We have lots of reserves here in Manitoba. I’ve been to several. Camping and one time a friend of mine gave us a tour of his reserve, Simon was from a reserve and if anybody has ever been to one, I think ppl might understand that the mental issues start there. It’s a sad sad thing to see. It’s just the fact he made it out and to the nhl is amazing. 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

CTE don’t make you load a gun and kill yourself. We have lots of reserves here in Manitoba. I’ve been to several. Camping and one time a friend of mine gave us a tour of his reserve, Simon was from a reserve and if anybody has ever been to one, I think ppl might understand that the mental issues start there. It’s a sad sad thing to see. It’s just the fact he made it out and to the nhl is amazing. 

Citation required. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Citation required. 

The person loads the gun and fires. The gun does not load itself. Pretty obvious. Ppl always look for reasons or excuses when ppl kill themselves. My uncle killed himself when I was 10 and I remember my grandmother never accepted he had mental issues until the day she died. He loaded his gun. He fired. The disease did not. 

Just now, Goalie said:

The person loads the gun and fires. The gun does not load itself. Pretty obvious. Ppl always look for reasons or excuses when ppl kill themselves. My uncle killed himself when I was 10 and I remember my grandmother never accepted he had mental issues until the day she died. He loaded his gun. He fired. The disease did not. 

You have a real lack of understanding of mental health issues, the factors that lead to them, and the outcomes of mental health. You should educate yourself rather than making unsupported claims. 

3 hours ago, JCon said:

You have a real lack of understanding of mental health issues, the factors that lead to them, and the outcomes of mental health. You should educate yourself rather than making unsupported claims. 

Finally something I can unequivocally agree with you on

5 hours ago, Goalie said:

This is an insane take.   

Have you never heard of Chris Benoit?   I've met several people (mostly wrestlers) and MMA/Kickboxers with CTE and it is very obvious that some of them cannot process or think properly and have something very off with them.    

I've also visited nearly every reserve in Manitoba numerous times and what you are saying is something completely different.  Some reserves are fantastic and others remind me of the original Mad Max movies.   For the bad ones usually it has rampant corruption within the reserve where they maintain terrible traditions or behaviours such as pimping out girls when they are 8 years old to friends/family,  lots of alchoal and abuse,   lots of extreme neglect,  all while the bad people are protected by the elders.   Lots of suicides are a result from extreme depression and extreme abuse without being able to escape because everything is covered up.   MMIWG exists because nearly every case is someone within the reserve committing the crime with others covering for each other.   It's really sad.   Suicides in reserves are primarily with younger people ,  I remember 5 or so years ago visiting a reserve where they had an epidemic where 20+ teens committed suicide over the course of one summer.  Naturally the news never covered it.

Usually for the people who can escape these places and find success in life do not commit suicide when they are 50+.  It seems far more plausible that CTE would be the reason.   Many times it is a vicious cycle where someone is in extreme pain from the CTE so they take drugs and the cycle continues to a point where they are so messed that they usually OD.   

12 hours ago, Goalie said:

That's cold. Really cold. 

Eye rollers who haven’t dealt with suicide thinking they know more. Honestly. Some of you don’t know as much as you think. Read all the bullshit you want, if you haven’t dealt with it, you don’t know. It’s really that simple. 

Edited by Goalie