2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Pinball is constantly adjacent to scum bags.  Brings in Murphy.  Had a whole crew of NFL criminal losers there when he was the coach in the 00's.  Chad Kelly.

Always and forever Pinball gets a pass. And, God forbid you criticize him. TSN carries a lot of water for him. That whole organization is slimy from top to bottom. 

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Dru Brown may have something to say about that 

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Streveler may have something to say about THAT

I am excited to see those two play this year.  

if we can get all three to compete for Zachs spot.. I think that would be great 

I expect we roll with Dukes and Scott. We have another young QB named Raquet who likely gets some roster time due to this.

It's crazy how we as fans have a nine game suspension on the MOP and no earthly clue as to what he allegedly did. And we may never once the civil case is settled.

10 minutes ago, bluto said:

I expect we roll with Dukes and Scott. We have another young QB named Raquet who likely gets some roster time due to this.

It's crazy how we as fans have a nine game suspension on the MOP and no earthly clue as to what he allegedly did. And we may never once the civil case is settled.

Only no earthly clue if you don't believe woman that raised the complaint.  Come on man.

5 minutes ago, bluto said:

I neither believe nor disbelieve her. Both have reasons to lie.

The league investigated and obviously found what she said to have merit or they wouldn't have suspended the guy they tried to make the new face of the league. You say you neither believe nor disbelieve but are clearly lying. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Predictable reaction. 

I think this person highly enjoys triggering others and not in a funny way.

Another great example that having intelligence in one area (e.g sport) does not mean having intelligence in other areas(e.g workplace harassment). 

I see it as at least a possibility that the league just gave out a suspension 225% longer than any it has ever given as a CYA.

The longest suspension they ever gave to my knowledge is 4 games. And those are for violent offences which we can all see and replay in slow mo. Some of them would put you in jail for 10 years.

In the Kelly matter, we have a he-said she-said. He is a man who has made ludicrously bad choices in the past and seems to still not get the gravity of what it is to be the face of a team and the league. She is an employee who wanted her contract renewed (weird, if you were an SA victim) but because she didn't get the enhanced skills and qualifications which her employer told her to pursue in her exit interview last season, she wasn't brought back and soon after filed a suit.

This is what we know. Whatever you think of my character notwithstanding, these seem to be the incontrovertible facts that we have available and we may never get the rest of it after the settlement and the NDA is signed. 

Edited by bluto
sp.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I thought his time was up when he embarrassed himself fighting fans. 
That’s gotta be it for him now though no? 

I'd have thought that the League would've gone for any party which they thought were involved. As Murphy seems to have been named by the complainant in the suit, you'd expect he'd have taken a pinch too. 

1 minute ago, bluto said:

I'd have thought that the League would've gone for any party which they thought were involved. As Murphy seems to have been named by the complainant in the suit, you'd expect he'd have taken a pinch too. 

The League said the ops would be dealt with shortly.

17 hours ago, Blue In BC said:

I didn't expect Rourke back in the CFL in 2024. However, this creates an opportunity / opening that didn't exist yesterday. The $300K advance payout to Kelly is an SMS issue and I have no idea if Rourke is remotely interested at the moment.

Lots of questions including will Kelly be banned from playing at a later date and his CFL career over? Will the league negate his contract and relieve the Argos of the SMS hit from the advance?

When Darian Durant retired from the Bombers before the season started, his bonus money that had been paid counted against the SMS, so a precedent has been set there.  There is no way that the Argos should ever be let off the hook for that $300K, but it is the Argos, so you never know what the league will do for them.

19 minutes ago, bluto said:

I see it as at least a possibility that the league just gave out a suspension 225% longer than any it has ever given as a CYA.

The longest suspension they ever gave to my knowledge is 4 games. And those are for violent offences which we can all see and replay in slow mo. Some of them would put you in jail for 10 years.

In the Kelly matter, we have a he-said she-said. He is a man who has made ludicrously bad choices in the past and seems to still not get the gravity of what it is to be the face of a team and the league. She is an employee who wanted her contract renewed (weird, if you were an SA victim) but because she didn't get the enhanced skills and qualifications which her employer told her to pursue in her exit interview last season, she wasn't brought back and soon after filed a suit.

This is what we know. Whatever you think of my character notwithstanding, these seem to be the incontrovertible facts that we have available and we may never get the rest of it after the settlement and the NDA is signed. 

That's not in any way a fact. That's just part of the he said she said. Which oddly enough has now turned in to, TO/Kelly said vs Employee/CFL. It's not at all as cut and dry as you're making it out to be. The league isn't going to hand down the largest suspension ever because of some accusations with no merit. That's a ridiculous claim.

10 hours ago, JCon said:

Always and forever Pinball gets a pass. And, God forbid you criticize him. TSN carries a lot of water for him. That whole organization is slimy from top to bottom. 

I’d agree on Pinball being canonized by the CFL back in the 90s. Granted, his gimmick is the big-eyed motivational speaker and he does a good job of playing up to that, ingenuous or not I have no idea. 

They had a lot of d-bags in the mid-2000s (Ricky Williams notwithstanding. I give them props for that) and quite a few clowns lately. 

Fair is fair, they brought in Bailey this year so we can’t say it’s all slimy. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I’d agree on Pinball being canonized by the CFL back in the 90s. Granted, his gimmick is the big-eyed motivational speaker and he does a good job of playing up to that, ingenuous or not I have no idea. 

They had a lot of d-bags in the mid-2000s (Ricky Williams notwithstanding. I give them props for that) and quite a few clowns lately. 

Fair is fair, they brought in Bailey this year so we can’t say it’s all slimy. 

I meant the organization. Yes, they bring in slimy players, but every team has those. Although, they do seem to attract the worst of the lot. I meant primarily the leadership, the ownership and the fans. 

16 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

That's not in any way a fact. That's just part of the he said she said. Which oddly enough has now turned in to, TO/Kelly said vs Employee/CFL. It's not at all as cut and dry as you're making it out to be. The league isn't going to hand down the largest suspension ever because of some accusations with no merit. That's a ridiculous claim.

Sure it is. It's what they told her and they said they have documented (saying that you documented something and not being able to prove it is a massive no-no in a lawsuit), and she didn't have them this season.