2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

Just now, wbbfan said:

Their mini camp starts two weeks after our final roster cut down. Means no camp here if he doesn’t get pulled in for tc

This is incorrect, rookie minicamps all end by May 13 around the NFL

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

Maybe his service record is classified.

He’s Canadian. He did volunteer peace keeping. Handed out socks n food. Did acid and shrooms. Good stuff. 

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Their mini camp is next weekend.  Our rookie camp starts the Wednesday after, full camp the Monday after that.

That’s their SnC. 

8 minutes ago, bluedawg said:

This is incorrect, rookie minicamps all end by May 13 around the NFL

Rfd begins on the 13th. Before that is optional draft rookies. 

we clearly targeted positions of need/want in this draft. But still managed to get a ton of value picks. Bunch of guys that can go back for another year of college which is always nice from late picks. 
 I could see 3 of these guys being on the ar this year, and gassama could easily stick on our pr based on depth needs a lone. Good handful of guys for futures. Say it was a B+ draft that could easily end up an A+ a bunch of different ways. 

Hope we sign a global punter still but kind of doubt it. 

Big thanks to all our resident experts who provided great insight this evening for the rest of us dummies and to Jay for keeping everyone updated once the draft went online only. It's greatly appreciated!

Can't wait for summer... Can't wait for football. 

8 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Gassama is a great kid.  

Don't know what he does in the CFL at 158 pounds even being a freaky athlete (but not very fast).  Feels like an obligatory pick a Winnipeg kid who plays for Bisons pick.

Yea...tip of the cap to the local U team by the Bombers.

I’d rather have Burbacher than another RB.

Other than that I like the picks.

Didn’t love taking Clercius at first. After reading about him, and JBR’s opinion, I’ve come around. Seems like he’s a replacement for the things Bailey could do. 

Glad they took a few OL to develop, depth is very thin now. Still a crap shoot, but odds are at least one of those guys will be serviceable by ‘25. 

42 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I’d rather have Burbacher than another RB.

Other than that I like the picks.

Didn’t love taking Clercius at first. After reading about him, and JBR’s opinion, I’ve come around. Seems like he’s a replacement for the things Bailey could do. 

Glad they took a few OL to develop, depth is very thin now. Still a crap shoot, but odds are at least one of those guys will be serviceable by ‘25. 

I'd be blown away if the Bombers use Clercius as they did Bailey. Well this year anyway. I don't see any way we go 3 CND rec with only 1 for depth. 

Brubacher sounds similar to the guy we drafted a couple years ago in the supplemental draft maybe. He could jump out of his pool easily. Athletic freak. But never translated to the pros. 

perhaps a case of been there done that. 

Edited by Goalie

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Brubacher sounds similar to the guy we drafted a couple years ago in the supplemental draft maybe. He could jump out of his pool easily. Athletic freak. But never translated to the pros. 

perhaps a case of been there done that. 

Corney.