2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

10 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Meanwhile in Rider land they think they may have a real chance at signing Claybrooks..Can't make this stuff up.

Your hyperbole continues to be hilarious.

I don’t think anyone in that entire thread mentioned “a real chance” at signing Claypool. Most either didn’t know who he was, and if they did, they know about his attitude issues.

I do enjoy your continued efforts to speak for all Rider fans. You’re good at it.

13 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Your hyperbole continues to be hilarious.

I don’t think anyone in that entire thread mentioned “a real chance” at signing Claypool. Most either didn’t know who he was, and if they did, they know about his attitude issues.

I do enjoy your continued efforts to speak for all Rider fans. You’re good at it.

There is an entire thread about it on your forum. Hyperbole? Hardly. Making the case that Rider fans are uneducated about football does not absolve the absurdity of the thread, just reinforces my point really and is telling us something we already knew.

Do I enjoy, and revel, in dumb **** Rider fans say? Yep. This is a BOMBERS forum after all. I have seen a crap load of the same at Riderfans directed at Bomber fans. Kinda goes with the territory.

Edited by GCn20

On 2024-03-30 at 6:05 PM, JohnnyAbonny said:

In retrospect the 2022 game was still the bigger piss off. 
23 Montreal was on a roll. Bombers still should have won, but it happens. 

22 was lost simply due to completely avoidable mistakes. Legghio’s miss and that bloody stupid call on the Prukop pass. 

I can get past the most recent one but 2022 is up there with 2001 and the 08 ESF as the losses I’ll never get over as a fan.

Yup but at least we made the show 4 times in a row, hopefully a nice round 5 coming up with a big W to wrap it up with.

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

There is an entire thread about it on your forum. Hyperbole? Hardly. Making the case that Rider fans are uneducated about football does not absolve the absurdity of the thread, just reinforces my point really and is telling us something we already knew.

Do I enjoy, and revel, in dumb **** Rider fans say? Yep. This is a BOMBERS forum after all. I have seen a crap load of the same at Riderfans directed at Bomber fans. Kinda goes with the territory.

“Claypool to the CFL” doesn’t translate remotely to “Rider fans think they have a shot at signing him.” 

You literally made that up. I’m not sure it’s Rider fans education you should be concerned about.

On 2024-03-31 at 11:20 AM, GCn20 said:

Meanwhile in Rider land they think they may have a real chance at signing Claybrooks..Can't make this stuff up.

Devon Claybrooks??? There's a blast from the past. I think he's coaching in the BC Junior Football League now. The new Rider HC Corey Mace kind of reminds me of him. He became the Next Big Thing with the all star defense he coached the last two seasons in Toronto. Claybrooks rose up fast thru the coaching ranks with the Stamps after being a player. He inherited one of the greatest defenses in living memory as Stamps DC & won a GC with Alex Singleton as his MLB. Became the BC Lions HC & failed miserably as they had few defensive stars. Got fired after one season never to be heard from again.

We'll see if Mace follows his former Defensive Coach Claybrooks & fails miserably in Regina.

9 hours ago, JCon said:

Can you wear Rider gear and not stink? 

The Saskatchewan Stink. Kinda has a nice ring to it.

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

I take back any negative comments I may have ever made about Taman and his Subway napkins because finding neg list prospects from the yokels on RF is a new low.  Well done O'Day, I sincerely hope you get a lifetime contract as GM of the Riders!  

My nephew claims credit for alerting Taman to a player in 2005 or 2006. He submitted a question to a weekly column in either The Sun or Free Press, where Taman answered reader inquiries during the offseason or something like that. He asked if Taman was considering signing a recently suspended NFL running back (I think Ontario Smith based on some googling), to which Taman replied in the negative, not in the plans.

However, a few weeks later, the team signed the running back! Taman never acknowledged or thanked him for the scouting tip! LOL! Sorry if he's told this story in this forum before, I know he still lurks.

8 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

My nephew claims credit for alerting Taman to a player in 2005 or 2006. He submitted a question to a weekly column in either The Sun or Free Press, where Taman answered reader inquiries during the offseason or something like that. He asked if Taman was considering signing a recently suspended NFL running back (I think Ontario Smith based on some googling), to which Taman replied in the negative, not in the plans.

However, a few weeks later, the team signed the running back! Taman never acknowledged or thanked him for the scouting tip! LOL! Sorry if he's told this story in this forum before, I know he still lurks.

Onterrio*

And dare say, there wasn't a whole lot of gratitude to be extended. 

The teams go as the QB does. 

Collaros is still the best qb in the league. Also not a meth smoking ******. Dudes a swiftie tho but still. ;)

Adams is the 2nd best in the west. I personally had a hard time with 3 and 4 cuz MBT is better than Harris in my opinion, he’s quirky but he’s a good cfl QB and Harris behind that line is like Rodgers in NY with the Jets. Injured instantly. Meier regressed. 

same in east. 
dislike Kelly but it’s him fajardo brown and since blm is still in Hamilton by default they are done. Plus they have like 20 starting DL there so I’m not sure who is smoking the meth out east any more. 

Edited by Goalie