2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

54 minutes ago, Jesse said:

It's fair to say they're the team to beat.

But if you're making a standing prediction, is it your honest opinion that Montreal will finish 1st in the East? Because it isn't mine. 

That's where I am. 

Fair play to the Champions, but I don't see them as better than us in any way other than the result of the East Final.

36 minutes ago, Mike said:

No concerns that Toronto will be able to put together a good roster if I’m an Argos fan. Will it gel this year in time? Impossible to say. But will they have talent in camp? I don’t know why anyone would assume otherwise. Great scouts over there, especially on defence and they still have a lot of solid pieces in place. 

Carnell, McManis, Jones, Ceresna, Metchie, Orimolade … they’ve got the makings of a solid D for sure.

Yeah, that too.

And lets remember that Ouellette, Peters, Hendrix etc were unknown FAs just a year or two ago.

12 minutes ago, bluto said:

That's where I am. 

Fair play to the Champions, but I don't see them as better than us in any way other than the result of the East Final.

Yeah, that too.

And lets remember that Ouellette, Peters, Hendrix etc were unknown FAs just a year or two ago.

I am of the opinion that the East could go to any of Montreal, Toronto, or Hamilton this year depending on a whole bunch of variables. I guess that I am seeing what I believe to be improvement in Hamilton, regression in Toronto, and status quo in Montreal. All of that and a buck won't be worth a bag of chips since it's only February though. My post wasn't meant to indicate that I think Montreal will be the best in the East, just that right now they are the team to beat because they have the trophy and they have earned the right to be called that. To be the man you gotta beat the man. Right now, Montreal is the team to beat. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Good signing for Calgary. 

Gives them a QB that isn't a gimmick QB if Maier goes down. Solid move.

Edited by GCn20

48 minutes ago, Mike said:

No concerns that Toronto will be able to put together a good roster if I’m an Argos fan. Will it gel this year in time? Impossible to say. But will they have talent in camp? I don’t know why anyone would assume otherwise. Great scouts over there, especially on defence and they still have a lot of solid pieces in place. 

Carnell, McManis, Jones, Ceresna, Metchie, Orimolade … they’ve got the makings of a solid D for sure.

That looks like a lot of rookies in the secondary. 

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I am of the opinion that the East could go to any of Montreal, Toronto, or Hamilton this year depending on a whole bunch of variables. I guess that I am seeing what I believe to be improvement in Hamilton, regression in Toronto, and status quo in Montreal. All of that and a buck won't be worth a bag of chips since it's only February though.

Gives them a QB that isn't a gimmick QB if Maier goes down. Solid move.

That'd barely get you a fun-sized bag these days

37 minutes ago, Booch said:

it's quality air tho, no? lol

It smells good I'll give them that.

Just now, Geebrr said:

The Gappers have agreed to terms with Auclair. Once again leading the league in the only thing they ever will - overpaying free agents. 

Meh...Auclair is a ham and egger.

48 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

That looks like a lot of rookies in the secondary. 

I see probably only two, I’m sure they’ll likely add a veteran whether they retain Robertson Daniel or look elsewhere and then they’ve got Metchie and Carnell. But yeah, not ideal.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

I see probably only two, I’m sure they’ll likely add a veteran whether they retain Robertson Daniel or look elsewhere and then they’ve got Metchie and Carnell. But yeah, not ideal.

I’m sure there will be vets floating around after the first day or two of free agency. 

I am not as high on Metchie as others - but I like safeties who can play physical and he doesn’t strike me as that kind of guy. 

9 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Random question.

Knowing he's probably NFL bound, I can't seem to find on the world wide web if Qwan'tez Stiggers is still under contract with the Argo's?

Man he would great in Blue and Gold.

Still under contract.  Argos will release him when he gets drafted by an NFL team.