2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

7 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I’m still sticking to my Montreal guess.

Could be, but how hard did they fight to retain Gino Lewis?  It would make the CFL more interesting and Riderfans that much more sad if they released the bidding list FA players receive.

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Could be, but how hard did they fight to retain Gino Lewis?  It would make the CFL more interesting and Riderfans that much more sad if they released the bidding list FA players receive.

That was because they didn’t have their ownership settled and weren’t approved for FA spending last year.

51 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Behar is exactly the kind of player that everyone is demanding we cut from our roster. 

He's older, been dealing with injuries, isn't as effective when he is healthy. 

so...Demski should be cut as he is older...Lawler being the same age, is kinda guy we should cut? By that age logic thats what you are kind of saying...

Every player deals with injuries....but people here are whining about Canadian depth and character guys...I recall when he stood up for teammates when Masolli was cheap shotted and knocked out how people here all said thats the kind of guys who would fit in and flourish here.

If we could get him on a nice team friendly deal I would definately bring him in...versatile receiver for depth who also likes to do the dirty work...we may lose Bolo soley because he wants a place to start, and wont get that here for at least 2 yrs yet, so Behar a vet...with skill/experience would serve well for a yr...2

The Argos are bringing Hajrullahu back to go Canadian at kicker is some consolation to losing Bede. I know that Leake won the ST MOP, but for me it was Bede. The whispers about the Elks for him are interesting. I'd wondered if Montreal might be a fit for him (he's french).

Just now, bluto said:

The Argos are bringing Hajrullahu back to go Canadian at kicker is some consolation to losing Bede. I know that Leake won the ST MOP, but for me it was Bede. The whispers about the Elks for him are interesting. I'd wondered if Montreal might be a fit for him (he's french).

Is that a for sure...or speculation? Wonder what his ask would be, and if T.O or anyone for that matter will match it....or offer comparable

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

been saying all along...he will be here...and unless BO takes a team friendly but fair boost in salary, he will be the victim

Yeah, I recall saying at the beginning of Jan that a Strev/Schoen/American RB combo would be the ideal result out of this 

5 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Yeah, I recall saying at the beginning of Jan that a Strev/Schoen/American RB combo would be the ideal result out of this 

works for me as well...and have an inkling we will be scooping up an Argo defender too........

Edited by Booch

1 hour ago, Booch said:

so...Demski should be cut as he is older...Lawler being the same age, is kinda guy we should cut? By that age logic thats what you are kind of saying...

Every player deals with injuries....but people here are whining about Canadian depth and character guys...I recall when he stood up for teammates when Masolli was cheap shotted and knocked out how people here all said thats the kind of guys who would fit in and flourish here.

If we could get him on a nice team friendly deal I would definately bring him in...versatile receiver for depth who also likes to do the dirty work...we may lose Bolo soley because he wants a place to start, and wont get that here for at least 2 yrs yet, so Behar a vet...with skill/experience would serve well for a yr...2

I don't understand man. What's the difference between Behar and Jake Thomas? 

You're the one arguing we should shed this type of player, but know you want to sign another team's version?

For the record, I am totally open to bringing in Behar as veteran depth - but you and others have been adamantly against these deals for our players because they "block a young player".

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Is that a for sure...or speculation? Wonder what his ask would be, and if T.O or anyone for that matter will match it....or offer comparable

Done deal. The speculation is that Bede is going to Edmonton.