2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

16 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I’ve heard a few Argos fans hoping/theorizing that they will steal hall from us. 

First time I've heard that, but it makes a certain amount of sense. I could see Pinball really liking Hall, although it would/should be Dinwiddie's call. Others to keep an eye on are Claybrooks and Shivers. John Murphy hinted on Twitter that it will be a big name.

17 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I’ve heard a few Argos fans hoping/theorizing that they will steal hall from us. 

That seems super unlikely at this point in his career.

Especially with the way MOS and Younger have been talking about his role going into next year. Seems pretty settled already. 

5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

That seems super unlikely at this point in his career.

Especially with the way MOS and Younger have been talking about his role going into next year. Seems pretty settled already. 

I think the courtship, if it does exist, is one way. I don’t think he’d want to leave either. 

3 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I would think so. He has been treated more than fairly in Winnipeg.

and he lives in Regina "full time" (when he's not in Winnipeg coaching) so going to TO seems like a bit of a stretch, especially at this point in his life. 

24 minutes ago, Noeller said:

interesting story... never played college ball, so he's getting a shot in the East-West Bowl: 

Good for Stiggers, he showed he is good enough to play down there.  Also sets an example for other players who have the skills but not the grades to go to college - it shows there may still be a path forward for them.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

interesting story... never played college ball, so he's getting a shot in the East-West Bowl: 

The better half and I were staying at the Delta (near Scotiabank & Skydome) in August to make it easier to get to the game (1 train stop) and allow partaking in the festivities without worrying about how much we (I) drink.

We come down the elevator and turn left to go to Union and not 20 second later a  guy who was coming from the other direction, dressed in black from sneakers to hoodie stops his e-scooter in front of us, removes his headphones and says "Pardon me, I just wanted to ask who your favorite player on defence is?" We were wearing our Argo gear.

Looking up to him (he had an extra 4 inches on his scooter) without even thinking I answer back "Pickett. He's everywhere."

He says "Aw man, it isn't me?"

Not recognizing his face and hating to have to ask I said "I'm sorry man, I don't recognize your face..."

He introduces himself politely. It's Stiggers. Hands are shook. 

I tell him "Well 42, maybe I just didn't say it was you since I'm fairly sure that you'll be off to somewhere down south next year." He laughs and thanks us for the encouragement. Nice guy. We wish him all the best.

He scoots off westward at 35kmh, we hop a train to the tailgate.

We get there and everyone was telling us how bad we missed out because AJ, who wasn't playing that day, had been by to partake. I tell them about Qwan'tez. Laughs and beers were had. Argos win.

I miss football season.

Edited by bluto

17 hours ago, bb1 said:

Gotta be famous to be classic, i will be lucky to get to infamous. 😄

That's easy. Drive from Coutts Alberta to Fort Mac in a electric Volvo wagon with bumper stickers that say, "I'm gay, I voted for Trudeau and I'm coming to take your guns away." You may not survive, but you will be infamously remembered.

22 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I would say atleast 99.95% of them yes 😛 though half were confused thinking it was about the leafs and the other half thought it was the raps/jays we talked about. 

Just ask Bluto and you have already covered 50% of them.