2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

MBT is pretty old... he's not the future for the LOLks... he's a "Win Now" hail mary for Jones....... Ford is still the future for them. I think they're looking at it as a chance to groom Ford for a bit while MBT and the voices in his head shoulder the load for now. 

11 hours ago, bigg jay said:

500k plus the 100k they owe Corney.

Did the Icks not cut Cornelius before his bonus was due?

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

MBT is pretty old... he's not the future for the LOLks... he's a "Win Now" hail mary for Jones....... Ford is still the future for them. I think they're looking at it as a chance to groom Ford for a bit while MBT and the voices in his head shoulder the load for now. 

This is not the tao of Chris Jones.

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

So they're going to keep a disenchanted qb. on the roster....cuz that's the end result of the MBT signing....I see  Ford being dealt or definitely hitting the road in fa next year

Tons of back ups want to be and feel they should be the starter. Teams don’t feel the need to trade them.

46 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Did the Icks not cut Cornelius before his bonus was due?

35 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Has corneys money triggered yet? I thought they were cutting him hence the rumour of us picking him up 

There was a bonus of 100k due on the 15th but that would have been in addition to the 100k guarantee that was in his contract.  If they waited until after the 15th, they would be into Corney for 200k.

40 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Tons of back ups want to be and feel they should be the starter. Teams don’t feel the need to trade them.

Well I would like to know how Ford is feeling after being told HE would be the starter in 24'.....Don't recall any other qb. being told that and even if they were the feelings about their position with the club would definitely have taken a serious hit....The club may have no choice IF he asks for a trade and I would say his agent is advising him to do just that...especially considering the fact a few spots in the league could certainly use him as a no 1

32 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Well I would like to know how Ford is feeling after being told HE would be the starter in 24'.....Don't recall any other qb. being told that and even if they were the feelings about their position with the club would definitely have taken a serious hit....The club may have no choice IF he asks for a trade and I would say his agent is advising him to do just that...especially considering the fact a few spots in the league could certainly use him as a no 1

Trading a first-round pick in the CFL draft for Ford would be a move I would make,

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

I recall him being told that either, tbh. But he's under contract so he's the one who doesn't have a choice, really. 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

I recall him being told that either, tbh. But he's under contract so he's the one who doesn't have a choice, really. 

Doesn't preclude him from asking for a trade.....been done before

...""Don't get your first line...You recall him being told he was the starter...or you don't believe he was told he was going to be the starter in 24'....which is it???

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

Tre Ford needs to make sure he has his noise cancelling earbuds in when MBT is 'grooming'.

5 hours ago, Stickem said:

Doesn't preclude him from asking for a trade.....been done before

...""Don't get your first line...You recall him being told he was the starter...or you don't believe he was told he was going to be the starter in 24'....which is it???

*I don’t recall.

sorry. Typo.

9 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Oof, that’s a hefty price tag. Gotta wonder what that does to the market for Brown

What will it do? One less team Brown has to choose from. If anything, it's the Mitchell contract that has raised the bar for backup qbs. He's being paid $225,000 plus incentives. The price for backups has gone up. 

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What will it do? One less team Brown has to choose from. If anything, it's the Mitchell contract that has raised the bar for backup qbs. He's being paid $225,000 plus incentives. The price for backups has gone up. 

I'd assume a former MOP would have the benefit of being the highest paid backup.  I don't think Mitchell and his contract really changes what Brown would get on the open market.  

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

I don't really think we can call that pricey. It's probably middle of the pack.

It's such a small league that you could argue middle of the pack is still on the high end.  AFAIK, MBT will be tied with Harris for 3rd highest paid QB (behind Collaros & Kelly). Don't recalling seeing any numbers for Fajardo's recent extension so he could be in there now as well. 

Kelly - Collaros: 600k range

Harris - MBT:  450-500k range

Maier - Masoli: 400-450k range

Adams - Fajardo: 350-425k range

Mitchell was at 500-520K but Hamilton now has an extra 300k to throw at Brown (or someone else).