2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

11 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Ottawa may also see MBT as more of a known quantity than Dru Brown.  They really have to decide what they're doing with Masoli before they chart their future course.  Does his injury prevent them from cutting him until he's healthy or can they part ways whenever they choose?

I believe they can cut him in the offseason, just not during the season with an injury. Offseason cut they would just be responsible for some of his medical.

Edited by GCn20

29 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I believe they can cut him in the offseason, just not during the season with an injury. Offseason cut they would just be responsible for some of his medical.

I think it's past time for them to do so, cutting Masoli would free up enough working capital to move on.  Bob Dyce has one more year to get that team on the right track.

6 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I think it's past time for them to do so, cutting Masoli would free up enough working capital to move on.  Bob Dyce has one more year to get that team on the right track.

I just can't see Masoli getting a starting salary for next year so I think there will be movement there. No way someone pays him starting dollars or even plans around him right now. He's gonna have to go the Trevor Harris route and take back up money on a prove it contract this year.

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Dyce won't based on his work as a HC last season. Now, with Craig Dickenson gone he is by far the worst HC in the CFL. Dyce will be back to be a STC soon enough. 

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I can't even see a team offering Masoli a job at all unless it is out of desperation.   The guy is beyond done. 

With Massoli's leg, knee & ankle issues, he has to come in 30-40 lbs lighter to be able to move. He's like Bo Levi so I think he's done. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

MBT has been shopping himself since JULY.  Ottawa and Hamilton both chose to roll with raw NCAA rookies in their very first season of pro football over bringing him in.  They both had the cap space to give him exactly what he wanted last season with their starters on the 6 game.

I'm not sure anyone will make the commitment to him that he expects in terms of guaranteed money.

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I guess it all depends on what MBTs ask is. If he wants in the 500k range I think the UFL is his best bet.

Mueller says he is going to build a rocket ship offence in Regina with Harris. Is he the new Elon Musk? Building rockets that will never fly?

Mueller lost his playcalling duties last year with the Stamps. No idea why fans, meia in Regina & even the Riders themselves think he'll be great just because he's Ron Lancaster's grandson. 

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Mueller lost his playcalling duties last year with the Stamps. No idea why fans, meia in Regina & even the Riders themselves think he'll be great just because he's Ron Lancaster's grandson. 

He is a Regina boy, therefore, he will 16x over rated there but yea....his offence was just awful last year and he had a much better OL than he has now.

6 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

What?

Marc Mueller said he is going to build a rocket ship offence around Trevor Harris this year in Regina. A ROCKET SHIP!! Last year his rocket ship was a disaster, but no worries...he will get it right this time.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

yeah....not getting the Mueller love and that he is gonna create some dynamic offense....plus....looking at what he has to work with and highly doubt seeing any big impact offensive pieces running there either....don't see it being rocket ships by any stretch

Riderfans are suggesting that every FA Toronto and Calgary offensive player is going to be begging to get onto Mueller's rocket ship. I've seen more passing yards watching Manchester United play than Mueller's offence last year...but hey...this year...boy o boy...rocket ship.

Edited by GCn20

16 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Marc Mueller said he is going to build a rocket ship offence around Trevor Harris this year in Regina. A ROCKET SHIP!! Last year his rocket ship was a disaster, but no worries...he will get it right this time.

Riderfans are suggesting that every FA Toronto and Calgary offensive player is going to be begging to get onto Mueller's rocket ship. I've seen more passing yards watching Manchester United play than Mueller's offence last year...but hey...this year...boy o boy...rocket ship.

Could be a waiting list to get onboard!

76i5h4h_titanic-sub_625x300_21_June_23.j

for this rocket ship...they need a legit QB who can carry a team if need be.....dont see it there....you need a legit threat RB....Dual threat at that....dont see one there...you need a take the top off guy as a receiver....where they hiding that guy?....and most importantly...you need a legit...bonafide imposing oline...they are yrs away from that, and that needs to be fixed before anything....so good luck with that Rocketship