2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Per 3Down Richmond told Bombers he wanted more money to come back, and they couldn’t agree on an amount, so he retired.

ha! Figured with the Yoshi move, he had them over a barrell. He forgot that Walters long ***** everyone...... the balls to think you're going to extort him. GFY. 

1 minute ago, sweep the leg said:

Per 3Down Richmond told Bombers he wanted more money to come back, and they couldn’t agree on an amount, so he retired.

If Plan B is to retire if you don't get your Plan A then sayonanra. The guy had a chance to move up in the pecking order & chose not to. As a fan, I thank Drew for his efforts but I guess that it's time to move on. 

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

Come on man, you’re better than this. There’s no maybe, Hardrick isn’t getting 350k to play football this year. The bonus is never over the value of the contract, they’ve literally never reported it that way.

As in hes getting all that bonus this year plus half atleast of the total contract value. Some one skipped their vitamins today lmao. You think he’s playing next year for 60k?

8 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I mean come win a job. Can’t hand him starters money. 

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Real life came into play.  Good on the Bombers.  Guy has been so-so and has a bum wheel.  Look for bargain vet and have 5-6 guys compete in camp.

He’s averaging almost an injury per game played. 

Edited by wbbfan

Imagine waiting a couple years then demanding more money b4 u even a starter. 

Richmond: hey Kyle I want more money 

Walters: drew, here’s the thing, you see that raise you want? Turn it sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass. 

I hope it went similar to that then osh took the phone and told him to maybe suck it. 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, Goalie said:

Walters: drew, here’s the thing, you see that raise you want? Turn it sideways and stick it straight but your candy ass. 

richmond: screw you guys, I’m going home. 

Hey drew, yeah about that raise… just take it out of the 3 years salary where you played 3 games. 
 I mean I’m sure they would’ve given him a reasonable deal with some incentives where if he starts / plays more than half the snaps he could get paid as a starter. He probably thought he had them over a barrel. 

19 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yeah sorry posted that in the wrong forum....expecting smack down from Noeller in five....four....three...

It's well & good for Argo management to stand firm & not overpay any of your star players just on principle. However, like Nero watching Rome burn as he played his fiddle once too mzny players leave then it's impossible to repair unless they rebuild. I think we'll finally find out what kind of a head coach Ryan Dinwiddie is...

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Yup. Richmond definitely thought that he was gonna be given the spot. 

Sign gray now and have him play tackle. They also got the kid from Hawaii and I’m sure there’s a couple FAs available still. If they need to go that route. 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Walters: drew, here’s the thing, you see that raise you want? Turn it sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass. 

I hope it went similar to that then osh took the phone and told him to maybe suck it. 

I think you are kind of misguided about Richmond. Pretty sure it was more of a “at this point in my life, I need this much or I can make more doing something else” more than a trying to hold the club hostage.

Pretty sure he resides in Winnipeg and his other-than-football stuff is in the medical field. 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I think you are kind of misguided about Richmond. Pretty sure it was more of a “at this point in my life, I need this much or I can make more doing something else” more than a trying to hold the club hostage.

Pretty sure he resides in Winnipeg and his other-than-football stuff is in the medical field. 

That’s fine. If we let every fact get in the way, half of this afternoons debate wouldn’t exist. I’m not overly serious. I mean honestly I had him getting that spot so it kinda sucks he decided to call it a career. 

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

That’s fine. If we let every fact get in the way, half of this afternoons debate wouldn’t exist. I’m not overly serious. I mean honestly I had him getting that spot so it kinda sucks he decided to call it a career. 

Lol it’s all good, I just find it irritating (not you) when the Bombers have built this culture around treating their players and staff with the utmost respect for them as humans with real life stuff and families and then all of our fans want to say weird stuff that goes entirely against that just because a player makes a decision that I’m guessing the club probably had a ton of respect for. 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Just double checked. He’s been working with non-profits to open up health clinics in Winnipeg. Don’t think the guy was trying to hold the club hostage, just sounds like he needed a certain dollar amount to continue on with football.

Is he married to a Canuck?  How else could he stay in Wpg and get a different job?

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

Don't be surprised if he shows up coaching high school or the Rifles in the future. Most of these guys try to give back when their playing days are over. 

4 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Is he married to a Canuck?  How else could he stay in Wpg and get a different job?

I would have to imagine he probably got an opportunity to do something similar back home.

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Lol it’s all good, I just find it irritating (not you) when the Bombers have built this culture around treating their players and staff with the utmost respect for them as humans with real life stuff and families and then all of our fans want to say weird stuff that goes entirely against that just because a player makes a decision that I’m guessing the club probably had a ton of respect for. 

I don;t think any of us were dissing Richmond. He was a PR player for a long time & an opening on the OL finally opened up. He wanted more money, didn't get & surprisingly retired. That's quite an either/or scenario. Most players would tell their agent to find another team to play for with the most money available. I do wish the guy the best with the rest of his life. No hard feelings from me.