2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

And Sask got Thurman, Hardrick, and Ouelette  for that. 

I truly want Sheed to get more opportunity and money - but man would I hate seeing him somewhere else. 

I think he really likes it here bleeds Blue and Gold and even a bump of 5-10k would bring him back, at least I hope so

54 minutes ago, Mike said:

If you think a bellcow averaging 6 yards a carry is similar to a bunch of guys who do it way less often for considerably less production is “similar”, you’re lost. Beyond lost.

If you can do 5.6-6.0 for 170 carries a year you can do it for 250

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

I agree too and as much as I’d love to see Bailey back, I also want to see him make his money and go somewhere he can be a second option. He’s capable enough to do it, I just don’t think we can give him what he deserves.

Losing Hardrick and Bailey feels like losing two majestic warriors, it hurts big time. They've embodied the truest spirit of Blue Bomber football. I wish them absolute success on their new path (at least monetarily 😉)

10 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

And Sask got Thurman, Hardrick, and Ouelette  for that

I truly want Sheed to get more opportunity and money - but man would I hate seeing him somewhere else. 

Actually for 538K they got Thurman...Edwards cooper and Hardrick....Just shy of what we paid for the Best RB...One the top 3 receivers, and most likely the best backup QB....and likely another 170k min for Oullette....so thats over 700k....Who got value for prime meat...and who overpayed for choice cuts???...lol

Just now, wbbfan said:

Big time. hes the best WR to hit FA in a while, and the top guy the last few years has gotten crazy pay days. lawler, schoen, and demski could all easily go over 1k receiving this year. 

Hope so. What we saved on Schoen went to Brady, so I am not that upset with BOs contract any.ore.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Actually for 538K they got Thurman...Edwards cooper and Hardrick....Just shy of what we paid for the Best RB...One the top 3 receivers, and most likely the best backup QB....and likely another 170k min for Oullette....so thats over 700k....Who got value for prime meat...and who overpayed for choice cuts???...lol

I'm thinking AJ will be more than that

Just now, GCn20 said:

Hope so. What we saved on Schoen went to Brady, so I am not that upset with BOs contract any.ore.

yup....balanced out nicely...now get a defensive piece, and one thios Canadian ends....and strive for 5

Just now, Fatty Liver said:

It'll be amazing if Schoen outperforms the top paid receivers for the 3rd straight season.

cant see why he wont be top 3....

Just now, GCn20 said:

I'm thinking AJ will be more than that

I was being conservative....but I agree....and it will be even more funny....They got right gouged for decent players....but not top teir by any means save for maybe Oullette....but guess we will see what he does behind that Oline....tho over on their site I sure they figure to be making out like gang busters...

1 hour ago, Booch said:

For a good laugh visit Riderfans and read the post where they mock the Bombers for what we are paying Zach, BO, Schoen and Lawler. 

17 minutes ago, the watcher said:

I took a little trip over there myself and I thought it was very touching that they were worried about what the Bombers were spending.😁 

I'm sure they're scratching their heads over why we're investing in our homegrown CFL All-stars instead of throwing money at washed-up free agents with disreputable character. That's how you build an 8-10 team!

22 minutes ago, the watcher said:

I took a little trip over there myself and I thought it was very touching that they were worried about what the Bombers were spending.😁 

Considering they’re making everyone the top paid at their position that’s a little rich. Only in their wildest dreams could they imagine getting Schoen for 230

23 hours ago, Booch said:

Eli I dont think has ever played tackle...nor do I think he suited for it...U want your big nasty brawlers inside as well...where they can do most damage

Pretty sure Eli got reps last year inside, not out on the edge.

27 minutes ago, Brandon said:

For a good laugh visit Riderfans and read the post where they mock the Bombers for what we are paying Zach, BO, Schoen and Lawler. 

Harris, 480k. Aj 200k probably. Hardrick 230k plus the signing bonus of 120. Bane 182k plus 12k bonus. 

zach 600. Brady 240. Bryant 190k. Dalton 230. 1.26m vs 1.09m before bonuses. 1.15+ with bonuses for the year. Yes, we have lawler at big money. No regrets. Our group is easily twice as good as their group for 15-20% more. Plus they are out spending like drunken sailors on other guys once again. 

costs Ferrari money to own a Ferrari. The riders are paying base model / year old Ferrari money for a Honda minivan. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Harris, 480k. Aj 200k probably. Hardrick 230k plus the signing bonus of 120. Bane 182k plus 12k bonus. 

zach 600. Brady 240. Bryant 190k. Dalton 230. 1.26m vs 1.09m before bonuses. 1.15+ with bonuses for the year. Yes, we have lawler at big money. No regrets. Our group is easily twice as good as their group for 15-20% more. Plus they are out spending like drunken sailors on other guys once again. 

costs Ferrari money to own a Ferrari. The riders are paying base model / year old Ferrari money for a Honda minivan. 

There’s no plus the bonus. The bonus is always just a portion. Hardrick isn’t getting paid 230 plus 120.

4 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

At least he informed them, unlike Foketi!

For all the press team know he could still be at camp! 

richmond, that sucks. Next man up. Gray is the only ni with a chance of playing T here. Vanterpool would be the favourite rn, but I expect we will see a flood of more imps brought in now. 
 We’ve done very well with other teams reclamation ol. Bond and hardrick were both off casts. I would not at all be surprised to see us bring in a similar back up imp from around the league. Maybe even bring back one of our former pr guys who’ve been around the league. 
 We had a couple tackles on the pr last year with high upside wouldn’t be surprised if one or more corn back. 

If machino resigns I’m gonna be scared all off season lol. 

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

There’s no plus the bonus. The bonus is always just a portion. Hardrick isn’t getting paid 230 plus 120.

Maybe, won’t know better till later in the off season the bonus money counts against their bonus cap this year either way