2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, GCn20 said:

275k per year? Just a gut feeling.

I'm sure it will be an overpay as well...especially being an import back too...Oday trying to make a splash, and can see all that big money being a waste

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’m genuinely baffled at some of the reactions in here lol have we just turned into a ridiculously spoiled and entitled Rideresque fanbase who thinks everyone should take less money for the honour of playing here?

The Bombers just signed the MOP finalist, MOC winner to a two year contract in the prime of his career. Take the hometown element out of it.

MBB members, with no information on other offers, negotiations, the Bombers’ internal cap, how much other players get paid, how much the Bombers were anticipating paying, how much Brady asked for, where we’ve spent or plan to spend other dollars, where we’ve saved or plan to save other dollars or really genuinely any information about anything at all other than just a bunch of retweets from guys they only trust if the information suits their narrative: “tOo MuCh”

what?

Agreed. He most certainly took a small discount. He had one of the greatest rushing seasons in CFL history, he’s still in his prime, and is Canadian to boot. We are a privileged fan base for sure. 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I’m genuinely baffled at some of the reactions in here lol have we just turned into a ridiculously spoiled and entitled Rideresque fanbase who thinks everyone should take less money for the honour of playing here?

The Bombers just signed the MOP finalist, MOC winner to a two year contract in the prime of his career. Take the hometown element out of it.

MBB members, with no information on other offers, negotiations, the Bombers’ internal cap, how much other players get paid, how much the Bombers were anticipating paying, how much Brady asked for, where we’ve spent or plan to spend other dollars, where we’ve saved or plan to save other dollars or really genuinely any information about anything at all other than just a bunch of retweets from guys they only trust if the information suits their narrative: “tOo MuCh”

what?

If the numbers are accurate - yes, some feel that is too much. 

I feel you though. I saw threads that said stuff like “ Za@cH  ColLaros needs to go” and I thought “what?”.

It is like you can have more than one opinion, right? 

Also seeing posters changing their tune from what they were saying pre re-signing. 

Just now, Booch said:

I'm sure it will be an overpay as well...especially being an import back too...Oday trying to make a splash, and can see all that big money being a waste

If the market is the market, then it’s not an overpay. You’re too caught up on the individual numbers, man. Who cares? It’s a good day for us. Do you think you’re going to be in the stands in August surrounded by people celebrating a Brady TD thinking to yourself “arggggh that could’ve cost us $900 less!”

Just now, Geebrr said:

If the numbers are accurate - yes, some feel that is too much. 

I feel you though. I saw threads that said stuff like “ Za@cH  ColLaros needs to go” and I thought “what?”.

It is like you can have more than one opinion, right? 

Also seeing posters changing their tune from what they were saying pre re-signing. 

I still stand by that. But you’re right, we can all have opinions. The only thing I don’t like about this salary cap talk is that it’s an opinion based on absolutely nothing. We’re all just guessing. 

Just now, Mike said:

If the market is the market, then it’s not an overpay. You’re too caught up on the individual numbers, man. Who cares? It’s a good day for us. Do you think you’re going to be in the stands in August surrounded by people celebrating a Brady TD thinking to yourself “arggggh that could’ve cost us $900 less!”

yup lol

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

what?

What the hell makes you the expert? People are certainly entitled to their opinion on this contract. It is 60k more than any RB made last year and the biggest RB contract in CFL history. Not everyone agrees that ANY RB at 230-240k is a wise use of SMS. That's not entitlement or being spoiled. It's different from your opinion that is all.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

What if Jackson is his lead blocker? 

Just now, GCn20 said:

What the hell makes you the expert? People are certainly entitled to their opinion on this contract. It is 60k more than any RB made last year and the biggest RB contract in CFL history. Not everyone agrees that ANY RB at 230-240k is a wise use of SMS. That's not entitlement or being spoiled. It's different from your opinion that is all.

Well, for starters, I’m not an expert but I at least understand the facts related to the situation. The bolded is not true.

46 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Wow, what a way to kick off the day! I'm absolutely pumped that Brady's sticking around! My health has been taking a major hit lately and I've been feeling at an all-time low, this news is like a touchdown for my spirit, I haven't felt this fired up since November

Sorry to hear about that man, Hope things get better soon.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

what?

Who would you rather replace, Dalton or Brady? Who is easier to replace? We’ve got a lot of holes on D, mean while we have a ton of money in our top 5 on off. 
 No one wanted to lose Brady or dalton. But even more so no one wants to see us in a position where we keep getting worse on the field and have less and less room to improve the situation. We will see in the next couple weeks how that all shakes down. 
 It doesn’t require insider information to talk about the market for RBs. And other teams offers aren’t really important. If he turned down more cash that’s cool for him staying but doesn’t change any thing. If we offered a ton more than any one else that sucks but he likely wasn’t signing off a lot less. 

yeah...Its not about being spoiled....My opinion...and mine only is that we could have paid an import back a third of that, and got excellent production, and have solidified our Dline, and likely another Dback or linebacker, and been a deeper...stronger team.....

Was it the team feeling the need to sign the local guy?...I don't have that answer, but I could care less where a player came from to be honest...and now does this have an effect that is why we signed Thomas...Kolo on value deals, Already have Bennett on a rookie deal and will be seeing heavy does of them all yr basically just taking u a roster spot...Backed up by a Schmeckle....and WJ having one of Haba/Garbutt or a diff new recruit as his running mate...and nothing behind him? and also hinders us bringing back a BOLO?...Then to me it's totally not worth it....Juice def not worth the squeeze...Hopefully Walters has some crazy magic going on to allow us to not have to rape Peter to pay Paul

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

I still stand by that. But you’re right, we can all have opinions. The only thing I don’t like about this salary cap talk is that it’s an opinion based on absolutely nothing. We’re all just guessing. 

I don’t think we will ever get a real clear picture of the salary cap either. Too much dirty laundry. It’s bad enough we see soo many guys cut over bonuses due in the off season. The actual unabridged numbers would cause riots. 

So there were no Brady jerseys at the bomber store grand reopening cuz they were sold out. I’ll be damned and here I was thinking

hope Schoen is next. Then worry about filling in the holes with rookies 

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

Just reacting  to the numbers available. They could be wrong - but it is all we have right now. 

I’m a long time season ticket holder , through my family and now on my own. I’m not going anywhere. Doesn’t mean I agree every single move. Particularly in the moment. 

Edited by Geebrr

Just now, Geebrr said:

Just creating to the numbers available. They could be wrong - but it is all we have right now. 

I’m a long time season ticket holder , through my family and now on my own. I’m not going anywhere. Doesn’t mean I agree every single move. Particularly in the moment. 

I hear you brother. I just don’t like arguing over fairytales. I get we’re only going off what we have, I just don’t understand the purpose.

This isn’t like the Hardrick deal to me. I don’t need to know anything other than “Hardrick” and “highest paid American OL” to know that’s stupid. Way more at play here.

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

what?

Wait. You led the “This is the year fans will turn on Mike O’Shea, and if he doesn’t change his roster ways Wade Miller should sit him down and tell him his services are no longer needed” after a 15-3 season and losing by a blocked field goal in the Grey Cup, then started a whole thread about getting rid of Zach Collaros, and NOW you are expressing surprise about an entitled and spoiled fan base?