2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

So, Harris has a 250k roster bonus due on Feb 1st however free agency doesnt start until Feb 13th.

If the Bombers know they arent going to sign Brown they might be wise to trade his rights before free agency.

Would Riders want to trade for him after Mace just proclaimed Harris is a Hall of Famer?

If Brown IS leaving and knows where he wants to go or wants the opportunity to talk to teams, there's a 50/50 chance the Bombers just release him early.

3 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

So, Harris has a 250k roster bonus due on Feb 1st however free agency doesnt start until Feb 13th.

If the Bombers know they arent going to sign Brown they might be wise to trade his rights before free agency.

Would Riders want to trade for him after Mace just proclaimed Harris is a Hall of Famer?

Why not, no sense limiting his options, especially if Harris hasn't recovered by the start of TC.  I think Brown is smart enough to choose his best option to succeed as a starting QB, which eliminates the Riders next season.

6 minutes ago, Jesse said:

If Brown IS leaving and knows where he wants to go or wants the opportunity to talk to teams, there's a 50/50 chance the Bombers just release him early.

If that's the case, why not trade his rights and get what they can?

6 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

If that's the case, why not trade his rights and get what they can?

Like I said, maybe a 50/50 shot.

They could trade his rights. But they also may just "do right by the player" and give him a head start on FA so he can talk to teams early. 

11 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

12-4

Mean's nothing now, there is only one winner in 2023.   

Will be interesting to see how the Bombers build their roster for next season with guys like Schoen, Nichols, Hardrick, Cole, and Oliveira, etc due big raises.

43 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Zach's fine. And he's ours for at least the next two years whether he starts to decline or not. Gotta start looking for our next developmental guy.

Stop trying to pull us into the weeds man, or you're just gonna get yourself banned. 

God forbid there is a different point of view on a discussion forum.  

7 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

Will be interesting to see how the Bombers build their roster for next season with guys like Schoen, Nichols, Hardrick, Cole, and Oliveira, etc due big raises.

Means nothing to you cuz you’re on the wrong end of it. 

Anyways, thanks for stopping by. :)

10 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

We do nothing but have different opinions - there are several threads devoted to Zach vs. Dru comparisons moving forward.

But you bringing it up while we're on a different topic sounds like you're trolling.

I am one of the people here who welcome other team's fans - but there is a low tolerance on this forum as a whole, so if you would like to post here, consider it a friendly warning. 

4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

We do nothing but have different opinions - there are several threads devoted to Zach vs. Dru comparisons moving forward.

But you bringing it up while we're on a different topic sounds like you're trolling.

I am one of the people here who welcome other team's fans - but there is a low tolerance on this forum as a whole, so if you would like to post here, consider it a friendly warning. 

Too general in how you use the word whole. For some BB posters here (not all) it’s not low tolerance for other team fans, it’s low tolerance for absurd trolling and/or sometimes lacking skill in how they present their ‘thoughts’. That low tolerance is applied to anyone here BB fan or not. We all are located along this spectrum somewhere.

1 hour ago, Wheeler said:

Difference between winner and loser is very marginal. However being an entity that is always in the chase and has indeed stood atop of the hill as little as three years ago opposed to an entity which has been a total tire fire for the last dozen years or so. which do you think most would choose, hence the abandoning of ship for our near western colleagues and the strongest fan support in the nation at here in the Center of Canada.

2 hours ago, Wheeler said:

That right there is Bombers' fans delusion.   The scars must still be fresh

What scars are those? Being the best team in the league? The only spin is coming out of Saskatchewan.  No-one thinks mace is a poor hire but this notion that Pierce withdrawing had nothing to do and is saving face is ludicrous.  Who has to save face more buck Pierce who had all this come up only when rider media started tweeting he was the likely choice or the team who had been turned down by nearly every coach they've approached then last few years... 

I will believe they went into the process having mace as #1. But I also believe Buck did enough to wow them that sask media started tweeting about him being hired. So when buck is no longer interested It's back to "yeah we always wanted Mace!" Which can be a technical truth... but it ignores the ebbs and flows of the situation.  And the situation is another coach told the riders he doesn't want to be in that circus.

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

BWA HA HA. It`s 3 years, and 3 years from now I will likely feel the exact same sentiment towards Collaros because logic dictates that it would be time to move on....especially if he were coming off as serious an injury as Harris is TRYING to recover from. Man you sure are showing your lack of football IQ more and more by the minute tho.

Can`t afford him because Harris is being grossly overpaid. O`Day likely would never pull the trigger on such a sensical move either.

and...what has Harris ever won?...theres that too....stats between the 20's with minimal scores does not make a winner

The fact that a new HC has accepted a deal/position right out of the gate where he is basically saddled with a player, and had no say in it is not a good start...let alone look

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Trevor Harris is their safety net, if they strike out signing Brown, who else are they going to bring in, Dane Evans?  To try and build a team around Dolegala or Fine would just end up the same as Cornelius.

I'm almost certain Brown won't accept a deal there if he does entertain offers...especially with the condition of that oline, and the risk it may be the same as last yr...or worse....Also...who is the O.C?....has that been decided?...and a new QB trying to become the guy on a new team...without a legit established OC...QB coach and system in place....he won't be going there...and his teamates and ZC himself have already been explaining all the factors to him, and making sure he chooses the ideal and right situation...and it ain't there....In all honesty his best bet is to remain here on a fair deal...with start incentives if ZC gets hurt and or falters, and continue his path to the heir apparent in a system and environment he knows and is comfortable in...and has thrived

3 hours ago, Wheeler said:

Pure comedy, the only negative reaction to the Mace hire is by Bombers fans. 

And Harris is only 2 years older than Collaros and has less of a history of injuries, those are facts.  

That right there is Bombers' fans delusion.   The scars must still be fresh

Comedy is trying to compare the wear and tear of a rb whose Carried the ball over 1100 times in his career and been hit nearly every one of those Carries some times more than once with a qb who was hit less in two years than one busy game for Harris. 
 Not to mention that Harris used to have less injury concerns. In the last 3 years he’s missed more games than he’s played. Zach we missed 1 due to injury. 
 Those, are facts. Rb years is completely in comparable to qb years. 

2 hours ago, Wheeler said:

You think hardrick and Cole are due big raises? We don’t pay dbs big bucks. Never have. The most ba has made here is under 90k. 

We have lots of varied povs here. Check literally any thread with posts this week and you’ll see that clearly. 

Edited by wbbfan

That I completely agree on.  In my opinion the hiring of Mace is a very good first step by ODay in getting the ship back on the water.    The praise from players and media alike speaks for itself.  Quite enjoyed his presser today.

Mace is a good hire. But nothing matters unless that ol is fixed first and foremost. And oday has proven he can’t scout ol worth a damn. 

You are right, you do have a  QB.  I wonder is he is trending downwards though, his performance in the playoffs was not good.

we actually have two. Brown isn’t a free agent currently. 2024 fa is a ways off. 

58 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

What scars are those? Being the best team in the league? The only spin is coming out of Saskatchewan.  No-one thinks mace is a poor hire but this notion that Pierce withdrawing had nothing to do and is saving face is ludicrous.  Who has to save face more buck Pierce who had all this come up only when rider media started tweeting he was the likely choice or the team who had been turned down by nearly every coach they've approached then last few years... 

I will believe they went into the process having mace as #1. But I also believe Buck did enough to wow them that sask media started tweeting about him being hired. So when buck is no longer interested It's back to "yeah we always wanted Mace!" Which can be a technical truth... but it ignores the ebbs and flows of the situation.  And the situation is another coach told the riders he doesn't want to be in that circus.

Yeah The fandom doesn’t have scars currently. We’ve been to 4 gcs in a row and won 2. We have our coaching staff and front office back in tact. No one’s hurt or sad or w/e. Some pissed that we didn’t squeeze out the victory but no team is better poised than us to be in contention next year. 

55 minutes ago, Booch said:

and...what has Harris ever won?...theres that too....stats between the 20's with minimal scores does not make a winner

The fact that a new HC has accepted a deal/position right out of the gate where he is basically saddled with a player, and had no say in it is not a good start...let alone look

I'm almost certain Brown won't accept a deal there if he does entertain offers...especially with the condition of that oline, and the risk it may be the same as last yr...or worse....Also...who is the O.C?....has that been decided?...and a new QB trying to become the guy on a new team...without a legit established OC...QB coach and system in place....he won't be going there...and his teamates and ZC himself have already been explaining all the factors to him, and making sure he chooses the ideal and right situation...and it ain't there....In all honesty his best bet is to remain here on a fair deal...with start incentives if ZC gets hurt and or falters, and continue his path to the heir apparent in a system and environment he knows and is comfortable in...and has thrived

Much as I don’t want to lose brown, teams should be more worried about us replacing in with strevler. That package spelling Zach is deadly. 
 We also have the ability to develop guys right now. Where did mbt come from? Our pr. Where did Zach resurrect his career and find his pinnacle? Here. Where did strevy jump off from into a multi year multi million dollar nfl career with pension? Here. Where did brown go from a shell shocked kid scared to hold a football to the hottest next qb in years? Here. Spring league took poopkup and the RBs pounced on pigrome. 
 We are the new Buono qb mill team. Zach is a known entity. I wouldn’t pine for him to get hurt as other teams fans. What we bring off the bench is probably better than half of what the league starts. Even if a possible brown replacement isn’t under contract. 

15 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Much as I don’t want to lose brown, teams should be more worried about us replacing in with strevler. That package spelling Zach is deadly. 
 We also have the ability to develop guys right now. Where did mbt come from? Our pr. Where did Zach resurrect his career and find his pinnacle? Here. Where did strevy jump off from into a multi year multi million dollar nfl career with pension? Here. Where did brown go from a shell shocked kid scared to hold a football to the hottest next qb in years? Here. Spring league took poopkup and the RBs pounced on pigrome. 
 We are the new Buono qb mill team. Zach is a known entity. I wouldn’t pine for him to get hurt as other teams fans. What we bring off the bench is probably better than half of what the league starts. Even if a possible brown replacement isn’t under contract. 

If Brown left then I'd be happy having Schilz here as a veteran backup with Prukop as the short yardage qb. We can't have a raw rookie backing up a 35 year old starter in Zach. Or Streveler. I just don't think he'll be back. 

If no NFL team signs Strev between now and in winter...he will be back in cfl...his window has been effectively closed now...and with some key injuries this yr and he didn't get picked up is even more proof

Dude is a competitor and wants to play...and he's no dummy...he knows his window now to have a pretty substantial career is now...in Canada 

How old is Strev cuz we do need a QB if Zach goes down and Dru Is in Ottawa or Calgary or Hamilton or Edmonton or sask 

I mean $$$$ but buck turned them down so doubt brown would even want to go there

Wonder If there's a chance Dru stays here? Probably slim 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If Brown left then I'd be happy having Schilz here as a veteran backup with Prukop as the short yardage qb. We can't have a raw rookie backing up a 35 year old starter in Zach. Or Streveler. I just don't think he'll be back. 

Man, I can’t think of anything worse than that scenario.

34 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'll be honest, if it comes down to keeping Dalton Schoen or Dru Brown then Dru can leave. 

Money wont keep Dru here, it would never come to that. 

Keeping Schoen means finding one or two guys on rookie deals in the starting line-up. I don’t know if that would ultimately be worth the trade off.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Sounds like the Riders OC is going to be Marc Mueller from the Stamps.