2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

12 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

LOL

If Boatman is a locker room cancer as some speculate then he'd be welcome in Regina...

Riders say no to Bombers' Buck Pierce (msn.com)

funny that the headline is "Riders say no to Buck"... and in the actual article it basically says we don't actually know who turned down who

2 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Yeah, what is O’Shea, like 6 years older than Buck? He could coach for another 10-15 years yet. 

I just looked it up... They are actually 11 years apart... Buck is 42 and MOS is 53... nevertheless, O'Shea could easily still coach for another 10+ years

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Noeller said:

you can say what you want about 3DN (...and I will...) but Dunk is generally pretty reliable. When Dunk says Mace is out of the running and it's going to be Pierce, they're just negotiating a contract...... and then out of nowhere it's Mace...?? That leads me to believe Buck turned them down at the last minute and they had to double back and beg forgiveness. I also fully believe that Wade "did whatever he had to do..." to keep Buck around. If you have ever listened to any of the various Buck episodes of Handled Internally, Darren Cameron tells a good story about when Buck almost went to the Riders as an assistant after he was done playing...... and how they "worked it all out" during a Jets game, to make sure Buck didn't leave. From Wade down, they LOVE Pierce, and do not want to see him in The Gap. 

When you tell a HC who his assistants will be - why would you want to be there? 

In addition to all the other reasons. 

12 hours ago, bustamente said:

Riders fans will be all giddy that Mace will be bringing all the Argos FA's with him, don't tell them it will only be the shitty ones.

As a bold first step in their resurrection, Mace will bring in former Argo protege, the misbegotten and misunderstood hoodlum Chris Edwards.  He shall be their Ejiro Kuale!

19 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I think this is normal early on in a hcs career. I think buck and maybe hall were both guys wade/walters wanted. 
 It makes sense from the gm/president/board perspective as well to want to have an ast coach that is a candidate to step in if the hc fails. 
 If Edmonton had that with Chris jones, they may well have already fired him. But as is they are cap crunched with no one on staff who can take over for him. A guy like that likes to keep every one around him, below him. 
 Imo at the same time, mos is not that guy. He doesn’t consider him self the smartest guy in the room or need to feel that way. I don’t think mos has ever felt threatened by working with plop, Wylie, hall or any one else. 

38 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Jesus.... Buck *JUST* turned 42, too..... I sincerely thought he was older than that. Feels like he's been away from playing and into coaching for so long....

He could be a co for 3-5+ years and still be a youngish hc with a long career ahead of him. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

I think this is normal early on in a hcs career. I think buck and maybe hall were both guys wade/walters wanted. 
 It makes sense from the gm/president/board perspective as well to want to have an ast coach that is a candidate to step in if the hc fails. 
 If Edmonton had that with Chris jones, they may well have already fired him. But as is they are cap crunched with no one on staff who can take over for him. A guy like that likes to keep every one around him, below him. 
 Imo at the same time, mos is not that guy. He doesn’t consider him self the smartest guy in the room or need to feel that way. I don’t think mos has ever felt threatened by working with plop, Wylie, hall or any one else. 

Buck may have been an organization choice for a rookie HC,  but Hall didn't come until later and was quite likely MOS'd decision.

7 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

As a bold first step in their resurrection, Mace will bring in former Argo protege, the misbegotten and misunderstood hoodlum Chris Edwards.  He shall be their Ejiro Kuale!

I think Toronto is ripe for a fa exodus. They’ve got a lot of big free agents and big raises due. They’ve been rotating lbers for a while and I’m sure some of them want to be the guy now. 
 Mace is like the 3rd guy at dc in the past few years though. He was only with the Argos for 2 years. Idk if his draw will be soo strong. 

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Buck may have been an organization choice for a rookie HC,  but Hall didn't come until later and was quite likely MOS'd decision.

Hall might’ve been mos, certainly more mos than buck or plop. 

40 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

It's a lot to ask one guy (Mace in this case), to have the connections and pull to put together a full staff in one year. He'll have some ideas about some guys(some will say yes, some wont), and then he will need his GM to reach out to other people. 

41 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I think Toronto is ripe for a fa exodus. They’ve got a lot of big free agents and big raises due. They’ve been rotating lbers for a while and I’m sure some of them want to be the guy now. 
 Mace is like the 3rd guy at dc in the past few years though. He was only with the Argos for 2 years. Idk if his draw will be soo strong. 

Hall might’ve been mos, certainly more mos than buck or plop. 

I don't just think they are ripe for an exodus, I think that it is inevitable. They just lost half a million in cap space with Kelly's new contract kicking in. That alone would necessitate multiple player loss. Couple that with a slew of guys coming off rookie contracts looking for raises. The Argos are gonna be in tough.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

So....He yanked himself from the equation...Bravo...Bravo.....

I'm so confused. Stronson said that he was all in on the job but Mace was his first choice? LMAO. Man that guy needs to STFU once in a while and quit proclaiming he is a Rider insider.

41 minutes ago, Booch said:

So....He yanked himself from the equation...Bravo...Bravo.....

it is EXACTLY what we knew happened.........haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! I ******* love this so much. Once again, the Riders were left with their pants down and had to double back and beg forgiveness on the guy they told "no thanks..." Incredible. I ******* LOVE Coach Buck so much... it's a bucket list item for me to get out ice fishing with him on LW one day. He's a diehard...

Edited by Noeller

13 hours ago, Booch said:

What was he supposed to say...man the QB situation here really sucks ..but I'll throw my hat in the ring

And was it a case Buck in end said ..hmmm....nah...I will stay out.....maybe so and there some validity to that dumb Justin Timberlake looking clown Ballsac or whatever his name is 

What an insult to Timberlake. 

36 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I don't just think they are ripe for an exodus, I think that it is inevitable. They just lost half a million in cap space with Kelly's new contract kicking in. That alone would necessitate multiple player loss. Couple that with a slew of guys coming off rookie contracts looking for raises. The Argos are gonna be in tough.

I'm so confused. Stronson said that he was all in on the job but Mace was his first choice? LMAO. Man that guy needs to STFU once in a while and quit proclaiming he is a Rider insider.

Yeeeep. And I for one hope we land one or two of their guys. A guy like oakman, Pickett/mcmanis would be incredible. Hladik and Bryce Carter are guys I’d be after too. One from each of those groups would transform our D in a big way. Hladik and oakman? Letting us flip the ratio between lber where we have depth and dt where we don’t while running two imp dts and having Lawson rotate to keep every one fresh. Suddenly our dl is Deep and easy to keep fresh. 
 Carter rotating with the jeffs in a smaller front dl still keeping guys fresh and adding a beast of a lber to work along side kyrie when healthy would be sick too. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yeeeep. And I for one hope we land one or two of their guys. A guy like oakman, Pickett/mcmanis would be incredible. Hladik and Bryce Carter are guys I’d be after too. One from each of those groups would transform our D in a big way. Hladik and oakman? Letting us flip the ratio between lber where we have depth and dt where we don’t while running two imp dts and having Lawson rotate to keep every one fresh. Suddenly our dl is Deep and easy to keep fresh. 
 Carter rotating with the jeffs in a smaller front dl still keeping guys fresh and adding a beast of a lber to work along side kyrie when healthy would be sick too. 

I like the cut of your jib.

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The way the really big men can run & move now the athleticism is off the charts. We need to get bigger physically in the middle & give relief to the two Jeffs. I just hope Walters makes replenishing our defense a priority. With Schoen & Oliveira eating up a ton of cap money that may be tough. Unless, we unload some aging & expensive veterans. 

5 hours ago, GCn20 said:

The situation for him to go to HC has to be just right and there would be nothing he would love more than being HC here. We all know that. 

Buck whispering in O'Shea's ear every day "Keep Jackson on the roster for next year, I'm designing some special plays for him"....lol

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Dunk actually is good, and connected, and when he puts something out there it's 99% fact checked and solid....leads me to believe as well that we cockblocked them and that in itself makes the Grey Cup loss sting just a lil less haha

Yea...Dunk doesn't put his name on any rumor unless it's pretty legit sourced. He gives the dubious rumors to Hodge to report.

Just now, Booch said:

How can the Riders keep that clown as the "voice" of the Riders?....man that organization is just garbage thru and thru....right down to 90 percent o the fans on their fanboard...Yup..Buck's lying...making it up.....just put a bigtop over IG West and be done with i hahahaha

Stronson saying Buck was never offered the job and that Dunk, Blair, etc were all wrong because apparently he sits in on Rider meetings or something. lmao