Which Vets do we cut next season

Brandon

A lot on here were, as far back as pre training camp last year, were aware of the fact that we needed a true nose tackle...It was mentioned on this site ad nauseam...The average fan could see it, yet we brought in very little talent to compete for the job....Adequate is not acceptable when your goal is a Cup win....We have to unearth another 'Stove', who can plug up the middle and put mega pressure on the qb.....Glaring weakness last year and we paid for it...I hope management has awakened to the problem and brings in some serious competition and quit farting around

Edited by Stickem

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

A lot on here were, as far back as pre training camp last year, were aware of the fact that we needed a true nose tackle...It was mentioned on this site ad nauseam...The average fan could see it, yet we brought in very little talent to compete for the job....Adequate is not acceptable when your goal is a Cup win....We have to unearth another 'Stove', who can plug up the middle and put mega pressure on the qb.....Glaring weakness last year and we paid for it...I hope management has awakened to the problem and brings in some serious competition and quit farting around

I don't think it's that they don't recognize it, it's just that players like Stove and Nevis don't grow on trees and the USFL/XFL were making it harder to recruit. I'm hopeful this year sees more US recruits coming north. 

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

In reality we have little idea of what Fox can contribute as he was given so few opportunities to perform last season.  If they decide to roll with Walker and Fox this season, I'm not going lose sleep worrying the coaching staff doesn't have a clue what they're doing.

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Forgot about Fox... He's absolutely a guy I want to see starting regularly this year. Hope he comes into camp fired up. 

AND he gets a heckuva lot more reps......I also thought Fox was looking pretty good and then was pretty much shelved...I know you have to go with experience and the newer players are put on the backburner but I think we've seen enough of Fox to give him a substantial look right off the bat ...He's a gooder

4 hours ago, Stickem said:

We can only hope that a change of DC's will result in a change of philosophy. I mean, if Hall kept telling Osh we need a NT after 2 years you'd think that he would have asked Walters to get it done. So, Hall might've said that we didn't need one. It has been frustrating watching our defense losing it's toughness. Especially when other teams could fill that position but we never did. 

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We can only hope that a change of DC's will result in a change of philosophy. I mean, if Hall kept telling Osh we need a NT after 2 years you'd think that he would have asked Walters to get it done. So, Hall might've said that we didn't need one. It has been frustrating watching our defense losing it's toughness. Especially when other teams could fill that position but we never did. 

It's mostly the ratio keeping Fox off the field, if they had the ability to play 2 import DT's instead of 2 Natl. DT's, he'd see  a lot more reps.  They need to find that Natl. DE that can make an impact this year to open up more flexibility on the D-line.

32 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

It's mostly the ratio keeping Fox off the field, if they had the ability to play 2 import DT's instead of 2 Natl. DT's, he'd see  a lot more reps.  They need to find that Natl. DE that can make an impact this year to open up more flexibility on the D-line.

And this is what a lot of us have been talking about, re: improper use of ratio. Haba and Fox.... Get those boys on the field, whatever it takes.... EVEN IF... GOD FORBID... WE HAVE TO TAKE OFF THE NAVY SEAL WHO WAS A WALK ON EVERYWHERE HES EVER BEEN.... (hot take, hot take...)

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

And this is what a lot of us have been talking about, re: improper use of ratio. Haba and Fox.... Get those boys on the field, whatever it takes.... EVEN IF... GOD FORBID... WE HAVE TO TAKE OFF THE NAVY SEAL WHO WAS A WALK ON EVERYWHERE HES EVER BEEN.... (hot take, hot take...)

You unpatriotic sonofab... 

34 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

They played Stove (there's that name again) with Jefferson & Jeffcoat before so it can be done. We play with 8 Canadians now so if the team wanted they could make it work. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Bullshit,  they started 8 or 9 Canadians most of the year. Was a lot of easy ways to get another American DL on the roster.

Yep, that's right. We had flexibility last season. They chose not to play Fox. It was a roster decision that was a head scratcher. Boo yah!

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Imagine if we recruit a few studs who show well in traininc camp and O'Shea ends up cutting them and keeping the Navy Seal?    

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Imagine if we recruit a few studs who show well in traininc camp and O'Shea ends up cutting them and keeping the Navy Seal?    

Or draft a fullback/RB type who has done that job all his life and can contribute in ST's

I've already accepted the fact based on a few things Osh has said...and what I have heard via certain people/channels that more head shaking stupidity will continue...Unless Walters takes the options away...or actually plays Boss ...as that's what he is...tail has started to shake the dog a bit...maybe now he has a 2 yr deal he will assert himself more

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Whatever Jesse. No matter what I say you roll your eyes. Why don't you step up & challenge what I say?

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Whatever Jesse. No matter what I say you roll your eyes. Why don't you step up & challenge what I say instead of taking the chicken **** way out?? 🙄 

I have. Along with others, you just kinda keep repeating the same thing. 

You just seem to think we should be able to fill every roster spot with all stars and it's simply not possible. DT is a position that, for a number of years now, we need a guy playing on a minimum contract. Each guy we've played there has out played that contract and moved on via FA. Walters is continually scouting the position, will likely replace Walker with Fox and scout the guy who's going to replace Fox in 1 to 2 years. If that guy happens to be a huge guy who makes the all star team and appeases all of you, great. But he'll likely be gone via FA the next year anyway.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

tell me about it lol

Same thing with you Booch. People do challenge what you say, (not necessarily the content, but that grand blanket statements that everything is exactly the way you say it is, all the time, with no room for variation) but then you just tell everyone they don't know what they're talking about and start firing off insults. People don't like the insults? Then you take your ball and go home.