Week of BC Lions at Winnipeg - Western Final Edition

Nolby

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I hate that we are continuing to waste a spot on Jackson. That spot could be an extra DB such as Rose or DL such as Fox both of whom would help more that The Seal who is a huge roster spot waste.

From what I saw Tuesday/Wednesday they had taken Jackson off his spot on punt team. Made me think they were preparing in case they had to carry an extra American receiver (if there was doubt that Demski/Bailey would be able to finish the game). 

13 minutes ago, JCon said:

We would have to roster Ambles, I guess. Grant already has a roster spot. 

They'd be able to put guys on to replace guys who can't go.

I'm less worried about receiver and more worried about thin secondary and DL could bite us in the ass as a game goes on.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

wanna comment....but also dont.....Injuries aside..thats a bad lineup...Rose out for Houston...Vet leadership and experience...is just dumb....Also again.....the Jackson thing...pointless, and especially with a injury saddled team right now serves zero purpose...none whatsoever

Ambles should have been rostered regardless of Mcrae's injury...Offers way more as a receiver...has been in big games....is actually a receiver and if Bailey and Demski are a lil knicked but playing...takes some hits away from them with rotation. Mcrae scares nobody as a straight up receiver....My fear now is ZC will try and force feed Lawler all game if Bailey cant go, and Demski is limited...or vice versa, as Lawler and Woli will be blanketed, and Mcrae aint gonna put up a 10 cath 160 yard plus game.....Faith in BOLO if ZC doesn't have blinders on, but thats a big concern if he is saddled with a weak receiving group

There really is no need to take run plays away from BO for a token 3...4 at most times in the game...let BO pound the snot out of them so they wont even wanna tackle...like has happened in other games.

And the starting of 9 Canadians?...why if you can't or wont take advantage of freely being able to rotate a guy in like Fox...in place of you know who, Same with use of Cole....and even Clements

Especially seeing how Vaj used his legs last game, and likely will again as conditions for him to pass won't be all dome cozy.

Hopefully our top teir guys can ball out and over come everything but I not liking this roster one bit

Just now, greenrider55 said:

Rose not starting is… interesting to say the least. Houston gets picks but is he a better corner than Rose?

**** no....also worst tackler on the team....Rose very under rated there...Rose is also better on run support

Edited by Booch

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I get and agree with your point... but I can't imagine we make a significant roster change after using a similar weekly lineup in a 14-4 season... To my limited knowledge, a Canadian FB with the extra DA on defense seems to make way more sense... but I don't see it happening and I'll have to concede to the experts and hope they are right.

When that roster move is a significant improvement to the quality of team on the field how do you not make it idk. 

59 minutes ago, JCon said:

F-lbEhubYAAyTI7?format=jpg&name=900x900

Who comes in for Bailey if he can't go? 

Grant lol. 

31 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Wish they would have kept one of the American DL on. 

They did, Jackson. Lmao 🤮

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

When that roster move is a significant improvement to the quality of team on the field how do you not make it idk. 

Grant lol. 

They did, Jackson. Lmao 🤮

Maybe O'Shea considers him a good luck charm cuz even an non x and o guy like me is confused.

Or O'Shea loves getting a rise out of people and that's why he does this, a big fu.

Or O'Shea genuinely believes having him on the active roster helps put his team in the best position to be successful.

Or all of the above.

7 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

What happens if the GTD's can't go? Are we allowed to replace them before game time or is the roster the roster?

If Demski can't go...Murphy comes on, McCrae moves to starter.

If Bailey can't go...Ambles comes on.

If McCrae can't go, and Bailey can't go...Ambles comes on and probably Winston Rose.

1 hour ago, DTonOB said:

From what I saw Tuesday/Wednesday they had taken Jackson off his spot on punt team. Made me think they were preparing in case they had to carry an extra American receiver (if there was doubt that Demski/Bailey would be able to finish the game). 

I haven't seen Jackson make any impact on ST's. I'd have taken off that role long ago.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They'd be able to put guys on to replace guys who can't go.

I'm less worried about receiver and more worried about thin secondary and DL could bite us in the ass as a game goes on.

I agree with you on secondary depth, but 7 DL is not that thin.

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I hope the Bombers running game and TOP makes the lack of DL depth irrelevant. 
It’s pretty ridiculous that Fox isn’t on the roster. 

I disagree that we are lacking depth on the DL. An argument can be made we are not dressing the right depth but 7 DL is not a lack of bodies.

54 minutes ago, Booch said:

wanna comment....but also dont.....Injuries aside..thats a bad lineup...Rose out for Houston...Vet leadership and experience...is just dumb....Also again.....the Jackson thing...pointless, and especially with a injury saddled team right now serves zero purpose...none whatsoever

Ambles should have been rostered regardless of Mcrae's injury...Offers way more as a receiver...has been in big games....is actually a receiver and if Bailey and Demski are a lil knicked but playing...takes some hits away from them with rotation. Mcrae scares nobody as a straight up receiver....My fear now is ZC will try and force feed Lawler all game if Bailey cant go, and Demski is limited...or vice versa, as Lawler and Woli will be blanketed, and Mcrae aint gonna put up a 10 cath 160 yard plus game.....Faith in BOLO if ZC doesn't have blinders on, but thats a big concern if he is saddled with a weak receiving group

There really is no need to take run plays away from BO for a token 3...4 at most times in the game...let BO pound the snot out of them so they wont even wanna tackle...like has happened in other games.

And the starting of 9 Canadians?...why if you can't or wont take advantage of freely being able to rotate a guy in like Fox...in place of you know who, Same with use of Cole....and even Clements

Especially seeing how Vaj used his legs last game, and likely will again as conditions for him to pass won't be all dome cozy.

Hopefully our top teir guys can ball out and over come everything but I not liking this roster one bit

In defence of McCrae he went off against BC already once this year. I agree with Rose being out, should have dressed him. Roster doesn't concern me much over all. We will win or lose based on what our top guys do.

54 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Maybe O'Shea considers him a good luck charm cuz even an non x and o guy like me is confused.

Or O'Shea loves getting a rise out of people and that's why he does this, a big fu.

Or O'Shea genuinely believes having him on the active roster helps put his team in the best position to be successful.

Or all of the above.

Well if thats his motive....as opposed to putting best team on the field...Thats a coach I dont want

He's on the roster soley due to Osh has a penchant for favorites....for whatever reason....and has since day 1...

54 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

What happens if the GTD's can't go? Are we allowed to replace them before game time or is the roster the roster?

30 mins before u have to make a decision....or used to be

43 minutes ago, Blue In BC said:

I haven't seen Jackson make any impact on ST's. I'd have taken off that role long ago.

I have seen none as well...and trust me...been watching...Fox had more impact in his game last week than The Seal has had all yr...Fox would prob clear a bigger hole than Jackson as well as the FB for tHat mater....

29 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I disagree that we are lacking depth on the DL. An argument can be made we are not dressing the right depth but 7 DL is not a lack of bodies.

In defence of McCrae he went off against BC already once this year. I agree with Rose being out, should have dressed him. Roster doesn't concern me much over all. We will win or lose based on what our top guys do.

It is when 2 are Bennett and Thomas

29 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

You’re right that 7 dl isn’t thin in it self. The quality is thin though. 2 imp des 1 imp dt. It’s thin on imps and thin on quality. 
agree, if fox and Habba were on it’d be a very different situation. 
gmc is a good X factor package guy to have, if you are gonna use him. He’s not great as a wr but atleast brings a speed threat we lack.  Very slim chance that wr depth is what hurts us. Sucks though that we squandered guys at the worst time and of course that 3 big guys got hurt all at once. 

a better deeper roster allows your top guys to be more rested and play more effective snaps. Especially the front 6. That was key to our 19/21 teams. 
Atleast we have Hansen. 

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

Well if thats his motive....as opposed to putting best team on the field...Thats a coach I dont want

He's on the roster soley due to Osh has a penchant for favorites....for whatever reason....and has since day 1...

30 mins before u have to make a decision....or used to be

I have seen none as well...and trust me...been watching...Fox had more impact in his game last week than The Seal has had all yr...Fox would prob clear a bigger hole than Jackson as well as the FB for tHat mater....

It is when 2 are Bennett and Thomas

Fox and Habba in for Jackson and clements. Hallett in for Bennett. And if an imp wr misses use that to get an imp db on. Use the naturalized Canadian on jeffcoat. 
 Could even have Castillo punt and put Karamoko on.