CFL Award Nominee Finalists

bluto

11 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Let's just be honest with ourselves.  Very few awards in Sports & Entertainment aren't popularity awards.  Once in awhile, the award winner is very much deserving -  but they really are mostly horsehockey.

I've always thought that and it only got awkward once my wife started winning awards for TV productions.

Or he is thinking that he still has to prove to everyone that he is the best player in the league. 

Much like when the GOAT got screwed over in 2019

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

To me it's weird we're the villain.

It's not like we have a head coach that acts like a DD, defensive players that act like rider players and a QB who acts like Kelly an uncomfortable weirdo to be around.

Maybe it is they hate us cuz they ain't us.

Part of it’s that. Just winning and being good for so long will do it. 
We have had a few guys who would be “love to hate” types on the field, if they were on another team. 
Harris, Willie, Hardrick, Woli to name a few. 

8 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Brady’s work is phenomenal, undoubtedly. But as a completely non football related award, I’m not sure it’s a big deal. Again, I don’t care who wins it, I’m proud of those who are contributing. Brady could win the next 10 and I’d applaud him.

Count me in as a person who is happy for whoever wins the award, and I don't really mind if the league sets it up to throw a bone to teams that were dog and pony shows all year so that their fans have something to cheer about.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

@DTonOB EXPLAIN YOURSELF, COWARD

I second that. INEXCUSABLE betrayal. Know your role DTon. You just lost a ton of respect amongst Bomber fans. I will go one further and will be emailing CJOB to ask them to explain your actions. Just understand one thing DTon...you are expected by the fans to be the voice of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers first and foremost. If you want to be an independant journalist go to 3DN. I could understand your stance if Kelly was actually the MOP...but we all know he wasn't even the best QB in the league this year...you even said so yourself. This wasn't some foregone conclusion, two players who had great seasons and both worthy of the award and a person could argue for day about who should win....in that scenario it seems absolutely gobsmacking that you would bite the hand that feeds DTonOB. I know who Bob Irving would have voted for.

EDIT:

Message sent to Kelly Moore expressing my disatisfaction. I highly encourage everyone to take a minute to do the same if Taylor's votes upset you.

Edited by GCn20

8 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

No doubt- weird to **** all over someone for being recognized for giving back to the community. I dont get it....

"You, promoting much needed metal heath awareness in schools for children- **** you!" 

"Oh ****.... KidSport... KIDSPORT- Oh damn... don't get me started on you! Mr 'We envision a Canada where all children have the opportunity to participate in sport'- **** you!"

thats-odd-neil-degrasse.gif

They're all doing good work in their communities on their own time and they all should be applauded, no need to make it into a pissing contest, there should be 9 winners.

5 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

They're all doing good work in their communities on their own time and they all should be applauded, no need to make it into a pissing contest, there should be 9 winners.

Or 900..whatever the number is of athletes making a difference. I hate it when something like charitable work turns into a show your **** size contest. Seems so stupid and contrary to what they are actually doing. I wish someone would show up and hand back the award and tell them they appreciate the kudos but it's not why they do it.

Edited by GCn20

13 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952aejhd5ryq2r9k9ymza3

10 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Or 900..whatever the number is of athletes making a difference. I hate it when something like charitable work turns into a show your **** size contest. Seems so stupid and contrary to what they are actually doing. I wish someone would show up and hand back the award and tell them they appreciate the kudos but it's not why they do it.

I agree with what you are saying about it not being a competition- but it is nice to recognize those that do this. It also helps promote charities and charitable work itself. 

29 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952aejhd5ryq2r9k9ymza3

I agree with what you are saying about it not being a competition- but it is nice to recognize those that do this. It also helps promote charities and charitable work itself. 

Recognize them all then, or as Wideleft says one chosen by each team so that the politics of football stay out of it.

You folks sure are getting your panty's in a twist over something we've all known was going to happen for more than a month. 

Kelly was the starting QB for the team that tied for the most regular season wins in the league ever. He was against Brady O who had the most rushing yards for a Canadian in a season but was not in the top 5 CFL rushing seasons overall. 

If Brady played for the Argos, he'd have won. 

18 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

You folks sure are getting your panty's in a twist over something we've all known was going to happen for more than a month. 

Kelly was the starting QB for the team that tied for the most regular season wins in the league ever. He was against Brady O who had the most rushing yards for a Canadian in a season but was not in the top 5 CFL rushing seasons overall. 

If Brady played for the Argos, he'd have won. 

One had a pedestrian season when compared to his peers ... the other has done something no other player (let alone Canadian) has done in over a decade.

Which one truly stood out?

also, if you don't see the random Riders awards last night as a blatant attempt to give those asshats something to feel relevant about.... you're not paying attention. There are certain organizations/fan bases that, for whatever reason, the league feels the need to always coddle, and others that the league just couldn't care less about.....

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Count me in as a person who is happy for whoever wins the award, and I don't really mind if the league sets it up to throw a bone to teams that were dog and pony shows all year so that their fans have something to cheer about.

I second that. INEXCUSABLE betrayal. Know your role DTon. You just lost a ton of respect amongst Bomber fans. I will go one further and will be emailing CJOB to ask them to explain your actions. Just understand one thing DTon...you are expected by the fans to be the voice of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers first and foremost. If you want to be an independant journalist go to 3DN. I could understand your stance if Kelly was actually the MOP...but we all know he wasn't even the best QB in the league this year...you even said so yourself. This wasn't some foregone conclusion, two players who had great seasons and both worthy of the award and a person could argue for day about who should win....in that scenario it seems absolutely gobsmacking that you would bite the hand that feeds DTonOB. I know who Bob Irving would have voted for.

EDIT:

Message sent to Kelly Moore expressing my disatisfaction. I highly encourage everyone to take a minute to do the same if Taylor's votes upset you.

I personally don’t put any expectation on DT or any media members to favour the team they cover.

I am shocked that anyone would choose to vote for Kelly over Brady. I can’t think of any justification.

16 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I personally don’t put any expectation on DT or any media members to favour the team they cover.

I am shocked that anyone would choose to vote for Kelly over Brady. I can’t think of any justification.

this is super important...... you absolutely shouldn't "favour" the team you cover.... if it was super obvious that Kelly was the MOP, then of course the vote goes there regardless of who you cover. But we're not talking about Doug Flutie vs. ____________ .....it's insane to think that Kelly is somehow the obvious MOP choice. He was not outstanding in any way, and AT WORST, you could say it's a saw off between the two..... and that's where I would expect a voter to lean toward the guy he's watched every single day in practice and called every single game from pre-season to the voting deadline. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Part of it’s that. Just winning and being good for so long will do it. 
We have had a few guys who would be “love to hate” types on the field, if they were on another team. 
Harris, Willie, Hardrick, Woli to name a few. 

I don't think the bolded is true really, I don't recall a honeymoon period the bombers (& us fans) got to enjoy when the winning began at all.  At the start of this run most the talk was around Hamilton and their super team, then the media shifted to Toronto, and BC last few. It is strange, because you could say it's big market bias but if its was the gappers on this run they'd be fully celebrated... Its.... annoying. 

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

I don't think the bolded is true really, I don't recall a honeymoon period the bombers (& us fans) got to enjoy when the winning began at all.  At the start of this run most the talk was around Hamilton and their super team, then the media shifted to Toronto, and BC last few. It is strange, because you could say it's big market bias but if its was the gappers on this run they'd be fully celebrated... Its.... annoying. 

And half of the media is picking Montreal to win lol. The same media types that all fully supported Argos in the East Final, and the same media that would've been united in crowning the Argos right now if they had got past the Als.

6 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

And half of the media is picking Montreal to win lol. The same media types that all fully supported Argos in the East Final, and the same media that would've been united in crowning the Argos right now if they had got past the Als.

it's been said a whole bunch, but it bears repeating: Because this fan base supports the team no matter what... through losing and winning and whatever.... we never need to be propped up like BC/Tor/etc. Never need to be fellated like the Gappers do. So nobody outside of this little 204 bubble gives a **** about us, and honestly would prefer that we weren't talked about at a league level. People HATE that the Bombers are now consistently good (in the midst of a true dynasty) and can't wait for this to end so they can go back to ignoring us. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

it's been said a whole bunch, but it bears repeating: Because this fan base supports the team no matter what... through losing and winning and whatever.... we never need to be propped up like BC/Tor/etc. Never need to be fellated like the Gappers do. So nobody outside of this little 204 bubble gives a **** about us, and honestly would prefer that we weren't talked about at a league level. People HATE that the Bombers are now consistently good (in the midst of a true dynasty) and can't wait for this to end so they can go back to ignoring us. 

I'd just like to turn on my tv and have my dominant team be given some respect 😆

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Unfortunately for the rest of the league - there is no reason to believe we won’t be just as good next year. Any player loss we take can reasonably be filled internally or through FA. 

Yup the basis of the team is built, just a matter of replenishing through drafting and recruitment which thankfully has been a strength for this group.

4 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I think DTonOB was concussed when he made his choice.....unlike the guy who he backed and claimed he was....Poor decision in my books ...Someone should give him a ticket and banish him to saskabush 

He suffers from smartest guy in the room syndrome for sure. Pretty good on the call but takes his own opinions entirely too seriously.

21 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I think DTonOB was concussed when he made his choice.....unlike the guy who he backed and claimed he was....Poor decision in my books ...Someone should give him a ticket and banish him to saskabush 

He also voted Betts over Oliveira for MOC. That is just an abomination that our PxP guy would do that.,