1st Round Of Playoffs: Division Semi-Finals Week

Noeller

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I’ll sum this up.

Argos suck, always will, no one cares about them cuz they’re shoved down our throats due to ‘it’s the market’, no one cares about their ‘strategies’ other than some random fan (s). They’re the runt of the litter in Ontario, adorable but not taken seriously. I feel for their 3 fans who huff and puff their chests out but that’s the hand they’ve been dealt.

Imagine having your dynasty broken by the runt of the litter who then goes 16-2 as an encore...

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Imagine thinking AJ Ouelette is better than Brady Oliveira. 

Did @bluto ever say that? Just curious. I think Brady is better but AJ is pretty darn good.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

All I want is one more shot at the Argos in the Grey Cup. 

Honestly, I don’t care who we would play if we made it but all I want is another GC championship!

2 hours ago, Booch said:

they beat us with a QB on one leg...and a crappy kicker

and then just barely while they played the game of their lives that day

I agree that had ZC been more mobile that game we stood a better chance. I was sitting in the stadium watching him get sacked and holding on to the ball in the pocket way too long on occasion. It was so unlike him.

I'm not afraid of the Argos,  but on the same note I'm not arrogant enough to think that they are a push over and lucky to have a good win loss record.   

If (when) they meet up in the finals it will be a 50/50 game that will come down to who can make the big plays and who can win the turn over battle.   Like F last year we have a kicker and Prukop not tossing a lame duck that game more then likely ends differently.   It usually comes down to a few plays. 

ODDS TO WIN 110TH GREY CUP

Team Projection

Winnipeg Blue Bombers 71.03%

Toronto Argonauts 20.34%

Montreal Alouettes 5.08%

Calgary Stampeders 1.33%

BC Lions 1.24%

Hamilton Tiger-Cats 0.98%

Lots of talk about the Argos in this thread, here's the latest CFL.ca simulation, in case some people need reminding, we're pretty good too lol.

One thing, and I think it's a massive mistake by the Argos, is that they completely coddled and protected Kelly from having to face any form of adversity this year.  A first year starter needs to have those rough games down the stretch when the bullets are really flying. We will see how he handles the mental pressure of leading a team through the playoffs, and despite the success he had this will be his first time doing so and first year starters do NOT have a ton of success historically and it's generally because they have never seen or experienced how ratcheted up play is. Windows are smaller, time in the pocket is less, weather is colder,...just a ton of adversity you don't see in the regular season and it surprises most of them and not in a good way.

It would not surprise me at all to see the Argos upset in the EF because all of a sudden Kelly is turning the ball over and then the whole thing snow balls on him.

Edited by GCn20

13 hours ago, bluto said:

East > West this season.

So... Yeah.

I would agree. 16-2 is impressive no matter which way you cut it. Argos managed to win some games where they could have easily let overconfidence get in the way.

But only playing the other top teams once each and only one of those in a meaningful game makes for a questionable strength of schedule. You have to think that there would be another loss or two on the season if they played Winnipeg and BC a few more times. 

16 hours ago, bluto said:

Imagine having your dynasty broken by the runt of the litter who then goes 16-2 as an encore...

Imagine nothing but tumbleweeds showing up to your stadium to watch it. Honestly, the only thing your team is worthy of is pity for having such a fickle fan base. Argo fans have absolutely nothing they should be beaking off about, as a fan base you are the embarrassment of the league. Sorry Bluto, I know you try be a good fan but cockiness is not something you guys deserve to have.

Edited by GCn20

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'm not afraid of the Argos,  but on the same note I'm not arrogant enough to think that they are a push over and lucky to have a good win loss record.   

If (when) they meet up in the finals it will be a 50/50 game that will come down to who can make the big plays and who can win the turn over battle.   Like F last year we have a kicker and Prukop not tossing a lame duck that game more then likely ends differently.   It usually comes down to a few plays. 

No one thinks they are a push over. The only quibble is all the smoke being blown up their asses for their record with a softer than baby **** schedule. Good team, but greatest team? Hardly. The only meeting between them and the Bombers went to the Bombers. 

Quick someone do the Bombers record vs. Greater than .500 teams vs the argos record vs. Greater than .500 teams.

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

ODDS TO WIN 110TH GREY CUP

Team Projection

Winnipeg Blue Bombers 71.03%

Toronto Argonauts 20.34%

Montreal Alouettes 5.08%

Calgary Stampeders 1.33%

BC Lions 1.24%

Hamilton Tiger-Cats 0.98%

Lots of talk about the Argos in this thread, here's the latest CFL.ca simulation, in case some people need reminding, we're pretty good too lol.

Dear Football Gods, we realize that these are just projections and we take nothing for granted. Your help in the coming days is and always will be greatly appreciated. Your faithful servants, amen. 

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

I would agree. 16-2 is impressive no matter which way you cut it. Argos managed to win some games where they could have easily let overconfidence get in the way.

But only playing the other top teams once each and only one of those in a meaningful game makes for a questionable strength of schedule. You have to think that there would be another loss or two on the season if they played Winnipeg and BC a few more times. 

This.

You can't take their record away from them though.  They won games and beat the teams they were scheduled to face.  It doesn't matter the how or why of it but you also can't turn a blind eye to how easy they had it right out of the gate. 

16 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

This.

You can't take their record away from them though.  They won games and beat the teams they were scheduled to face.  It doesn't matter the how or why of it but you also can't turn a blind eye to how easy they had it right out of the gate. 

yup yu can only beat who you face....that being said...BC 2x..Wpg 2x...Ham and Ott not 4 times....would be a totally different result, and having to take an actual road trip too would also factor in...their travel this yr for distance was a complete joke too....

27 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Dear Football Gods, we realize that these are just projections and we take nothing for granted. Your help in the coming days is and always will be greatly appreciated. Your faithful servants, amen. 

Yes of course! I only post to try to pump the breaks on the "big bad Argos" discourse. 

We both finished first in our divisions, East may have been stronger across the board but the Argos didn't have the Lions to contend with (head and shoulders above the other 6 teams), we beat them 2 outta 3 (loss came allllll the way back in June).

2 game difference in wins-losses doesn't mean much.

IF the grey cup ends up featuring these 2 teams it'll be another classic.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

My own napkin math fails my point on this one considering how often the argos played the technically above .500 Als. But really, does Cody Fajardo count? 

only semi related, but I just read that of the Als 11-7 record, they are 11-0 against teams below .500, and 0-7 against teams above. 

Edited by Noeller