Bombers @ TiCats: GDT

Noeller

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Is Kola really the problem? I think he's doing okay. That safety blitz they missed was between him & Neufeld. They both didn't see him coming but neither did Zach. 

He isn't a problem persay... I just think Eli is better. I'd also try working in Dobson ahead of gray and keeping gray as the 6th OL. Think that would be the optimal offensive line at this time.

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Is Kola really the problem? I think he's doing okay. That safety blitz they missed was between him & Neufeld. They both didn't see him coming but neither did Zach. 

Or Oliviera.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

He isn't a problem persay... I just think Eli is better. I'd also try working in Dobson ahead of gray and keeping gray as the 6th OL. Think that would be the optimal offensive line at this time.

Based on what?  We haven't seen him play centre.  Couture, Speller, Kolankowski have been our centres 2019 to today.

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

I get that, just made no sense to me in that game situation to still play for the wind in the 4th. The wind was like 5km/hr. 

Based on decisions both teams made to punt or kick FG seemed to be a 10-15 yard difference, both took longer kicks going left to right on broadcast, punted going opposite way.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Yup...Osh don't like it cause his Canadian bias...and it hurts us...same reason Kramdi is in...we have better options there that are import..and we don't even need a Canadian there...but it's another Osh boner putting him there for no reason other than that stubborness 

I do

If that were the case Kramdi would be staring at safety and Alexander would be in the box.  Obviously the staff thinks SLB is a better fit, or they would just stick him in the old Canadian role at safety.

11 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Based on what?  We haven't seen him play centre.  Couture, Speller, Kolankowski have been our centres 2019 to today

Combination of his time before covid vaccines and fill in play now. Yeah we haven't seen him, but kolankowski is the epitome of a filler. Eli I think has higher potential based on physical abilities.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Combination of his time before covid vaccines and fill in play now. Yeah we haven't seen him, but kolankowski is the epitome of a filler. Eli I think has higher potential based on physical abilities.

I'm all for upgrading at every position, but Kola has not been a problem at all imo. In fact, looking around the league I'd say he's in the All-Star conversation at the position by default. It's possible Kola is just better at reading a D, that has to be an easy test in the film room.

All that said I'd be happy to see them give Eli and Dobson another a shot once we have a home playoff game locked up. Dobson filled in for Gray earlier this year and looked like a downgrade albeit in his first start

I hang on to the fact Eli is much younger than Kola, the handoff is inevitable it's just when?

1 minute ago, MOBomberFan said:

I'm all for upgrading at every position, but Kola has not been a problem at all imo. In fact, looking around the league I'd say he's in the All-Star conversation at the position by default. It's possible Kola is just better at reading a D, that has to be an easy test in the film room.

All that said I'd be happy to see them give Eli and Dobson another a shot once we have a home playoff game locked up. Dobson filled in for Gray earlier this year and looked like a downgrade albeit in his first start

Yeah hard to judge based on guys coming in to play that extra spot especially in run sets.  That's just pure fire off and hammer an end usually in a double and work to a backer or straight up take a backer (215 vs 320) if they line up bear.  If Eli and Dobson weren't beating up those guys on the edge run blocking you'd be worried about them.  When Dobson played guard he struggled to hold his inside gap when the D blitzed and got put on skates by DT's.  Dobson had to really adjust to pass protecting on the edge in that max protect set they ran a bunch for a few weeks.

I wonder about Eli in Hardrick's spot eventually if he keeps his weight down.

Fact of matter....we use nationalized American on both sides of ball...makes us better

We take Jackson out and add an actual impact dlineman we better

if Osh feels the need to start an inferior Kramdi than an American...then we don't start Thomas and we use Fox and Walker and we better...we don't have to start 8 Canadians..and they way Osh works roster we don't even dress the import to take advantage of it

We start Eli over Kolo...we better...The center ranked in the top 2 of all of NCAA football is biggr and better than Kolo who we pulled off street after 2 yr out of ball cause nobody wanted him...he's undersized and weak link

We use an actual returner ...whom we have and use Parker as extra db and rotation...we better

Now....why aren't we? We put Schmeckle on roster...who should have been cut in first round of cuts...then don't use him when our Dline was gassed...why?

I wanna hear how all.that makes us a better team from the coach....and on here would like to hear an actual explanation as to why anyone thinks this is all good

We have regressed...records shows it now...have less depth...which is obvious...and have been outcoached and unprepared too many times....we got lucky to beat CGy in one game....were down 22 zip to a winless squad...lost to Ott and now Hamilton...what's their combined records? Also lost to a crappy rider team...who cares if it was LDC...shouldn't matter...and we were embarrassed beyond belief at home by a team on our asses for first...how anyone can say we good...Osh knows what he's doing...we won a cup...2 yrs ago now...is a complete idiot...sorry to offend you...but that's the facts....he is coach I want...but also want him to adapt and grow...and he's not...mainly cause he a stubborn prick....well now is time to coach like a prick cause coddling... favorites and complacent attitude has crept in...and that becomes the demise of real good team's....great ones don't allow it...we ain't great no more....sometimes truth and reality stings but if not addressed now it will be a one and done more likely than not in the playoffs

28 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

If that were the case Kramdi would be staring at safety and Alexander would be in the box.  Obviously the staff thinks SLB is a better fit, or they would just stick him in the old Canadian role at safety.

Why would u take out the best safety on roster? They figured Darby wasn't doing the job...and Kramdi got the reward...plain and simple

28 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Eli is far better...Kolo is an adequate replacement at best...and is being rewarded for last yr stepping in when we had nobody..that's how Osh rolls..and it's not good practice 

Kolankowski is  not an all-star, just a journeyman centre but when the rest of the O-line is playing well as a unit, he is adequate. The problems are in the centre of the D-line and right side of the defensive backfield. Linebacking is a concern- Bighill is getting older and slower and Kramdi has the physical abilities to play the spot but not the experience and maybe not the instincts. Richie Hall's philosophy seems to be to let the opposition show their hand and then adapt, but that does not seem to lend itself to playing from behind. O'Shea needs to be questioned about some of his personnel decisions or we will stumble through the rest of the season and have a one-game post-season.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

That may be the plan for next season. Right now Eli & Dobson are the extra blockers on the LOS. So, they are getting game experience & playing. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

I'd like to see Hall start more aggressive and scale back than start so passive in terms of coverage and try to scale up the aggression.  There are known entities for schemes and QB's and then there's guys like Powell and Crum.  Force them to make throws, don't make it simple, don't sit back.  No reason to fear their arms until they make you.

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

No idea what will happen the rest of this season and am hoping for the best. However anybody else worried we will not make hard decisions in the off season? I think we need to look at making some big changes in the off season, player wise.

If we sneak into first they will absolutely run it back. It would be better for our future if we finished 2nd, but obviously worse for this year.

17 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

No idea what will happen the rest of this season and am hoping for the best. However anybody else worried we will not make hard decisions in the off season? I think we need to look at making some big changes in the off season, player wise.

I think a few of those decisions could have been made this past off-season.  A little bit of a cruise control vibe to the team like they just have to turn it on for playoffs.  The whole going easy one week and responding the next is kind of a tough one to me.  But doesn't seem like the organization seems to fret about it.  Like if we got a rematch with Hamilton next week we'd probably win by 40.  But maybe we can play with that energy the first time.

Don't really have the depth this year to pick up the slack.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules