Bombers @ TiCats: GDT

Noeller

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

Contrast that to the punishing hits Shoen took.

I'm not advocating we try to take receivers head off although that would be nice but a little physicality would be in order. Instead, we have a secondary that is reactionary to what is going on in front of them. Always passive & in constant chase mode.

4 hours ago, ddanger said:

I was very unhappy with the lack of retaliation from us for what they were doing to Schoen. Just didn't see the usual emotion from the offence ( except of course Lawlor). 

Now, you're not saying we should have had a bench clearing brawl, are you? 

6 hours ago, Mike said:

There are simply adjustments that aren’t being made and something needs to be done about it.

We need the staff to have a long, hard look at what happens within their offices because I see so many deficiencies that are coming directly from our coaching staff. There’s not much that they’re doing right now that I care for - the preparation, execution and player management is all leaving a ton to be desired and they’re smart enough to realize it. How are they going to address it? 

If we made adjustments yesterday in the second half offensively they were a total failure. This does seem to be a coachings taff who can't seem to make them. very little adjustments.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If we made adjustments yesterday in the second half offensively they were a total failure. This does seem to be a coachings taff who can't seem to make them. very little adjustments.

They've made adjustments before at half. They absolutely make them. For whatever reason, it doesn't seem to happen all the time though.

I know this is typical commentary for the coach and there was a time where I may have said to myself that even though the response is lukewarm, behind the scenes I'm sure he's spitting fire. Now...as bizarre as it sounds...I wonder which of us is deluded. Me for thinking we have rather pressing issues that need to be addressed, or him for seemingly not thinking there are any that a short memory and a week off won't cure.

"...It happened, and I think the most important thing now is for the guys to get on their break and forget about it and get some rest. It’s one of those games. It doesn’t mean we don’t have a good football team.”

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/09/16/game-recap-wpg-23-ham-29/

Edited by Deiter Fan

1 minute ago, Deiter Fan said:

I know this is typical commentary for the coach and there was a time where I may have said to myself that even though the response is lukewarm, behind the scenes I'm sure he's spitting fire. Now...as bizarre as it sounds...I wonder which of us is deluded. Me? for thinking we have rather pressing issues that need to be addressed, or him for seemingly not thinking there are any that a short memory and a week off won't cure.

"...It happened, and I think the most important thing now is for the guys to get on their break and forget about it and get some rest. It’s one of those games. It doesn’t mean we don’t have a good football team.”

Quotes like this that leave little faith in believing any changes will be made...and we just gonna stand pat...and likely see this a few more times again this yr...and one of em will be in a playoff game...he obviously sees no issues

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Quotes like this that leave little faith in believing any changes will be made...and we just gonna stand pat...and likely see this a few more times again this yr...and one of em will be in a playoff game...he obviously sees no issues

See what he says doesn't mean much. He's a patient guy and doesn't throw people under the bus in public but this team has historically made changes when needed.

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

See what he says doesn't mean much. He's a patient guy and doesn't throw people under the bus in public but this team has historically made changes when needed.

They seem to be making even fewer changes this year than before. Walters who has become absolutely invisible & O'Shea seem satisfied with the status quo. 

we can't take anything away from interviews. MOS is always going to say stuff like that. The only way we'll know if they wanted changes, is if changes are made....hell even if they aren't made that still won't tell us they didn't want them, just that they maybe couldn't get the changes they want...it's frustrating, but I think it's one of the reasons he's liked by players so much. No drama out in public. 

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The interesting discussion to me is was it coaches wasting training camp or did Kyle Walters and Co. Drop the ball in their recruiting. 

well we did bring in some guys....and then just dumped em...why?...who knows..Salima was a good back...and could return as well...kind of a more rounded Mcrae...given an apple and a road map

Sterling at end...looked real good...and talking to Willie J he said he realy liked him and saw ton of potential....sent packing

That linebacker too...Barrington Wade ..ultra athletic...just need to learn the game....showed good...and showed inexperience....sent him away, and he got a TC with Bears after, and actually did some good things in a few pre-season games

Thomas that DT as well...was really good....and even tho just pre-season...still stood out...again...sent packing

And now...where are we weak and deficient...KR...and all along the dline, and with a Biggie transition player to learn under him

To me...all on Osh....doing his usual sticking to guys who have been here...even tho there are better options...kind of playing favorites...and standing pat and not continually improving where and when you can

And the maddening part is the wasted roster positions now during games and hand-cuffing us more than we need to be....as we have regressed...ever so gradually 

Edited by Booch

See and to me the only front 7 guy that stood out in the preseason games to me was Haba... and he eas kept around. I think some of the guys may look good on paper but didn't bring enough when they got their opportunity. 

Salima well that's a case of RB being a Canadian position here and mccrae being the gadget player at the time. 

Perhaps better use of the PR but I am not sure it was the strongest bunch of recruits we've seen.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

See and to me the only front 7 guy that stood out in the preseason games to me was Haba... and he eas kept around. I think some of the guys may look good on paper but didn't bring enough when they got their opportunity. 

Salima well that's a case of RB being a Canadian position here and mccrae being the gadget player at the time. 

Perhaps better use of the PR but I am not sure it was the strongest bunch of recruits we've seen.

Which would go hand in hand where we have drafted for quite some time we have not been in a position to draft an impact Canadian because we are at the bottom of the Draft. Add to that a thinner draft because more Cdn make the NFL. We are riding out the top of the crest like all great teams do. I think we still have at least one Cup left in these guys.

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I think the costs are just such that the depth has taken a hit which manifests itself on teams and the backups you get.

We got some big beefy salaries amongst the star players.

we also tho have a lot of long in the tooth guys on teams who are on 3rd...4th contracts too....which adds up....