3 stars plus hh a tale of two Zachs

wbbfan

Of course others played real well but BO gets all three stars for his running, catching, blocking and setting the tone for the whole team that this dub will not been denied. Players feed off his energy that can’t be underestimated.

HH goes to MOS for having Baileys back both on that outstanding catch and him being interfered with even tho we were up by a thousand at that point.

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Of course others played real well but BO gets all three stars for his running, catching, blocking and setting the tone for the whole team that this dub will not been denied. Players feed off his energy that can’t be underestimated.

Kind of how the Bombers used to feed off of Andrew Harris' energy pre Brady O.

9 hours ago, 17to85 said:

every time he gets past the DL guys are just lying down hoping he trips on them because they don't want any part of trying to stand him up. Brady always seems disappointed he doesn't get to hit the little guys in the secondary. 

I’d like to see him work on his hurdle move because, as you said, dudes are going low on him and he just wants to drop his shoulder and punish them, which I can appreciate…. But a well timed hurdle could bust open an even bigger run.

9 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

1. Demski - Great game, and smart play to throw it away when he got strung out on O

2. Jefferson - he didn't have any big sexy stats but he still takes attention away from others.

3. Zach - sure, he had the two picks early on, but the O doesn't run smoothly without him at the helm.

HH to the kid on the jumbotron that had a "Riders suck" sign. Classic.

Willie free's up so much room for Jeffcoat to dominate....when those 2 are healthy there is no better combo

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Kind of how the Bombers used to feed off of Andrew Harris' energy pre Brady O.

we feed of BO more...as he just destroys guys....and takes away their will to tackle him later in the game

1 - Jeffcoat: if he's not the best pure DE in the league... I don't know who is

2 - Brady: Zach started out slow and eventually turned it around... Brady kept the offense going in his absence

3 - Rose: I thought he was really noticeable, in a good way, last night... obviously the pick helped... we haven't heard much from Rose since his return from injury... and that's usually a good thing for a DB

HH - Jake Thomas : people are starting to sour on his but he was solid last night and recorded another sack... that said, Lawson was also really good and should probably be getting more snaps. 

8 minutes ago, bearpants said:

1 - Jeffcoat: if he's not the best pure DE in the league... I don't know who is

2 - Brady: Zach started out slow and eventually turned it around... Brady kept the offense going in his absence

3 - Rose: I thought he was really noticeable, in a good way, last night... obviously the pick helped... we haven't heard much from Rose since his return from injury... and that's usually a good thing for a DB

HH - Jake Thomas : people are starting to sour on his but he was solid last night and recorded another sack... that said, Lawson was also really good and should probably be getting more snaps. 

I like Jake a lot and he has meant a ton to this team in his tenure but 7 minutes in to the game he was asking for a sub to come in. If you can't make it through the first quarter on the rotation planned by the coaches it is getting to be time.

8 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I like Jake a lot and he has meant a ton to this team in his tenure but 7 minutes in to the game he was asking for a sub to come in. If you can't make it through the first quarter on the rotation planned by the coaches it is getting to be time.

Father time is undefeated... Just hope he retires a bomber. If he couldn't handle yesterday that is concerning, given how inept MTL was on O.

11 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Can you say with certainty why he was coming off? 

Just now, Geebrr said:

Can you say with certainty why he was coming off? 

I can say with certainty that he was asking for it, looked to be labouring to get off and without any noticeable limp or other apparent ailment. He definitely had some explosive impactful plays but just can't sustain the effort for the amount of times he's being asked.

1 minute ago, GCJenks said:

I can say with certainty that he was asking for it, looked to be labouring to get off and without any noticeable limp or other apparent ailment. He definitely had some explosive impactful plays but just can't sustain the effort for the amount of times he's being asked.

watch him on a lot of plays....he just cant get after it anymore and is a liability...He has a bull rush, and thats about it, and can't do it 2 plays in a row, and has zero pursuit ability....sure he has a handful of sacks, but thats cleaning up garbage or getting a QB funneled right to him....his time is ended...Lawson needs the majority of the reps as the national D-tackle now...he is a true force, and really, if we keep running Kramdi out there, we dont even need to play a National dlineman other than to let a starter get a rest

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

watch him on a lot of plays....he just cant get after it anymore and is a liability...He has a bull rush, and thats about it, and can't do it 2 plays in a row, and has zero pursuit ability....sure he has a handful of sacks, but thats cleaning up garbage or getting a QB funneled right to him....his time is ended...Lawson needs the majority of the reps as the national D-tackle now...he is a true force, and really, if we keep running Kramdi out there, we dont even need to play a National dlineman other than to let a starter get a rest

Usually his sacks seem to be when pocket collapses and QB flows to him.. Other player efforts and he gets the stats. Love the guy but if you cant do the job time to move on. Lawson played well yesterday too.

Brady O....................He's a pace setter in a game......bull rushes and just his enthusiastic play ....winner all the way

Jefferson..............I don't think Faj wants to see the field anymore when he sees Willie in the lineup....Faj's nemesis is putting it mildly

Rose/Schoen......talented at what they do ....were top of their game all night 

12 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Usually his sacks seem to be when pocket collapses and QB flows to him.. Other player efforts and he gets the stats. Love the guy but if you cant do the job time to move on. Lawson played well yesterday too.

Lawson has played well all yr, and even in his limited reps last yr...There is a reason he was a high draft pick

Brady O - just sucks the will out of the D, by the 4th they are tired and demoralized

Jeffcoat - dominant game, so nice to have him healthly

ZC - just doesn't let a few INTs stop him from slinging it.  So many QBs crumble after a pick 6, let alone 2 of them. 

HH - BA for crushing Mack a few times. Middle of the field was a ghost town most of the game for the Als receivers. All they had were outs until Rose took that away too.

Brady O - just getting better and better and more confident each game...and he's only 26

Jeffcoat (And WJ) -  Jeffcoat is just a beast, and so solid in the run game, and plays off of, and reaps the rewards of WJ being main focus, and it goes the other way as well....2 of the best

Rose/Wilson - not a coincidence the defense has seemed different when those 2 came back in...and they aren't even 100% back to form...but close...will only be more impactful

HH - to lil Holm...Loved him pushing the Olineman away from Jeffcoat after his fumble recovery...if u missed it go back and watch...He got a lil of my love for that lol

9 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

And his closing speed.

I've said for past 2 yrs...Rose is still elite....and it shows.....last yr was a yr he played nicked all yr long, but most here were claiming he was done, and had lost a few steps.....He also brings more to the play of the defense than actual things you see...He is like a secondary coach out there making sure people are sound in their responsibilities

Same with Wilson...rarely misses a tackle...always where he supposed to be and one of the best...if not the best sideline to sideline WIL in the leaguye...so under rated

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

I've said for past 2 yrs...Rose is still elite....and it shows.....last yr was a yr he played nicked all yr long, but most here were claiming he was done, and had lost a few steps.....He also brings more to the play of the defense than actual things you see...He is like a secondary coach out there making sure people are sound in their responsibilities

Same with Wilson...rarely misses a tackle...always where he supposed to be and one of the best...if not the best sideline to sideline WIL in the leaguye...so under rated

I appreciate when you give love to the DB’s my friend. Not everything is because the receiver/qb screwed up.