3 stars plus hh a tale of two Zachs

wbbfan

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

that was a key point so far this yr...next one will be when Haba is back healthy, and Hansen returns.....And if Ford ends up back here, we really will have some options

It's honestly embarrassing how much talent/depth we have compared to most of the teams in the league. 

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

It's honestly embarrassing how much talent/depth we have compared to most of the teams in the league. 

and its also kind of embarrassing we aren't using it to full effect....if any thing frustrating

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

and its also kind of embarrassing we aren't using it to full effect....if any thing frustrating

I am pretty zen about the whole roster usage with our record and consistently blowing out some really good teams. I get the frustration...but I'm just not seeing it as a big issue right now. If we start losing or not playing well, I reserve the right to circle back on this though.

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I am pretty zen about the whole roster usage with our record and consistently blowing out some really good teams. I get the frustration...but I'm just not seeing it as a big issue right now. If we start losing or not playing well, I reserve the right to circle back on this though.

While that's true it's a short term statement even if we're winning. New players need to be in the development process while we're winning. I don't want to wait until game 18 and find out we lost a bunch of starters in game 17.

13 minutes ago, Blue In BC said:

While that's true it's a short term statement even if we're winning. New players need to be in the development process while we're winning. I don't want to wait until game 18 and find out we lost a bunch of starters in game 17.

And right now...we developing none...and if anything overusing guys like Kramdi..Thomas..Kolo...who basically are not the future here...and adequate now at best

Adequate don't cut it...and we one injury away in a few spots of being in severe trouble

1 hour ago, Blue In BC said:

What part of our depth concerns you?

1 hour ago, Booch said:

And right now...we developing none...and if anything overusing guys like Kramdi..Thomas..Kolo...who basically are not the future here...and adequate now at best

Adequate don't cut it...and we one injury away in a few spots of being in severe trouble

What spots? Secondary? Nope. Linebackers? Nope. DL...yes with the caveat that we do have Haba, Fox, and Hansen in the mix. OL...nope...Dobson and Eli are the future and we just are not going to start any OTs just to get them seasoned. No team ever does. QB...nope...if Brown stays. RB?....no need to worry for a few years...Receiver...nope. I would like to see a new NAT DT added, the return of Ford (which I honestly believe the Bombers were banking on somewhat), and for Eli to push Kola off the starting centre job....but in the scope of a football team roster these are pretty minor problems to have. If this is the extent of our teams weaknesses we are looking pretty damn good. Quite honestly, these types of problems can easily be addressed in FA if we needed to. There is nothing expensive there. 

Edited by GCn20

Just now, GCn20 said:

What spots? Secondary? Nope. Linebackers? Nope. DL...yes with the caveat that we do have Haba, Fox, and Hansen in the mix. OL...nope...Dobson and Eli are the future and we just are not going to start any OTs just to get them seasoned. No team ever does. QB...nope...if Brown stays. RB?....no need to worry for a few years...Receiver...nope. I would like to see a new NAT DT added, the return of Ford (which I honestly believe the Bombers were banking on somewhat), and for Eli to push Kola off the starting centre job....but in the scope of a football team roster these are pretty minor problems to have. If this is the extent of our teams weaknesses we are looking pretty damn good.

We have some depth guys...yeah....but we dont dress them....but will dress a buttload of teams guys, and use some as rotational pieces and quite frankly many wouldnt get a sniff on any other squad if being frank

We have Clements to backup basically 2 import spots...thats it...Sure we have cole but we seem more inclined to use him as an edge rusher, when we have a Haba and Garbutt in the wings....give Garbutt a shot and see what he brings...aka develop him if he shows good...or cut bait and bring in someone else....We know Cole and Mauro aren't gonna be dominant edge guys, never ever....or they would already after being here for 2 to 3 yrs...Cfl rosters don't allow you to baby a guy along for yrs. and "hope" he works out

Our national rotation pieces on the dline other than Lawson are a big nothing burger...the guy on our PR was useless and over matched...Thomas is now only good very sporadically and only in the middle...yet we trot him out there as an edge rush guy which is actually comical if you watch and dissect those reps....A soon to be 28 yr old rookie in Bennett has shown nothing, and prob never will...looked good in Canadian University against 18 to 22 yr olds...whippity do

We are fine at DB but the insistence to force a Kramdi in one spot, and then not utilize the fact that with that extra Canadain starting we could go all import on the dline to really shore things up and take the load off the Jeff's is inexcusable....and add in the fact we won't use the Nationalized rule mainly because Osh has a bee in his bonnett about it and doesn't like it is even more inexcusable and if Walters had a set he would tell the coach to maximize the roster as best he could...which that would do

Not concerned with offence, as we have all the horses we need there, and then some, as well as depth...the main issue is and has been defence for 2 yrs now....yeah yeah we have won....but thats in spite of the inadequacies because we have exceptional talent starting.....and we riding that to death, seeing as we are not grooming or even allowing new fresh blood to take reps...it's just not good, and yes will eventually really bite us in the ass

What would happen if both the Jeff's got dinged...or one of the Jeff's and Walker....and were out...we would be royally screwed if not for anything that our replacements on the PR...have played no reps basically, so other than Haba...we dont even know if the 2 guys we have on pr (Fox and Garbutt) can even be adequate over a spell of games, because we have chosen to DA a import fullback for no real particular reason other than that Osh has a boner for him for some reason...who is average at his role at best....is way overmatched in his actual position brought in for (DE) 

so in a nutshell...things like...or "spots" such as that

22 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

What part of our depth concerns you?

Wear and tear on players is cumulative during the season.  I don't want to see someone like Jeffcoat on field for every play for every game and then have nothing left at the end of the season.

Conversely if he's injured then having another DL like Garbutt or Fox would be critical.

1 minute ago, Blue In BC said:

Wear and tear on players is cumulative during the season.  I don't want to see someone like Jeffcoat on field for every play for every game and then have nothing left at the end of the season.

Conversely if he's injured then having another DL like Garbutt or Fox would be critical.

we seen in Grey Cup last year that lack of dline depth kill us....that and the fact we didnt move away from Leggs and we had a QB who did all he could on 1 foot but shouldn't even have been playing

17 hours ago, Booch said:

we seen in Grey Cup last year that lack of dline depth kill us....that and the fact we didnt move away from Leggs 

Nice revisionist history there, Booch. This guy disagrees with you though. 

On 2022-11-20 at 8:53 PM, Tracker said: 

But one of many brain-dead decisions/plays.

Yup...was a bad game all around...defense balled out tho...loss not on them

Loss isnt on Leggz...was on offence and poor game.plan...plain and simple

17 hours ago, Booch said:

We have some depth guys...yeah....but we dont dress them....but will dress a buttload of teams guys, and use some as rotational pieces and quite frankly many wouldnt get a sniff on any other squad if being frank

We have Clements to backup basically 2 import spots...thats it...Sure we have cole but we seem more inclined to use him as an edge rusher, when we have a Haba and Garbutt in the wings....give Garbutt a shot and see what he brings...aka develop him if he shows good...or cut bait and bring in someone else....We know Cole and Mauro aren't gonna be dominant edge guys, never ever....or they would already after being here for 2 to 3 yrs...Cfl rosters don't allow you to baby a guy along for yrs. and "hope" he works out

Our national rotation pieces on the dline other than Lawson are a big nothing burger...the guy on our PR was useless and over matched...Thomas is now only good very sporadically and only in the middle...yet we trot him out there as an edge rush guy which is actually comical if you watch and dissect those reps....A soon to be 28 yr old rookie in Bennett has shown nothing, and prob never will...looked good in Canadian University against 18 to 22 yr olds...whippity do

We are fine at DB but the insistence to force a Kramdi in one spot, and then not utilize the fact that with that extra Canadain starting we could go all import on the dline to really shore things up and take the load off the Jeff's is inexcusable....and add in the fact we won't use the Nationalized rule mainly because Osh has a bee in his bonnett about it and doesn't like it is even more inexcusable and if Walters had a set he would tell the coach to maximize the roster as best he could...which that would do

Not concerned with offence, as we have all the horses we need there, and then some, as well as depth...the main issue is and has been defence for 2 yrs now....yeah yeah we have won....but thats in spite of the inadequacies because we have exceptional talent starting.....and we riding that to death, seeing as we are not grooming or even allowing new fresh blood to take reps...it's just not good, and yes will eventually really bite us in the ass

What would happen if both the Jeff's got dinged...or one of the Jeff's and Walker....and were out...we would be royally screwed if not for anything that our replacements on the PR...have played no reps basically, so other than Haba...we dont even know if the 2 guys we have on pr (Fox and Garbutt) can even be adequate over a spell of games, because we have chosen to DA a import fullback for no real particular reason other than that Osh has a boner for him for some reason...who is average at his role at best....is way overmatched in his actual position brought in for (DE) 

so in a nutshell...things like...or "spots" such as that

ComfortableAffectionateGalapagosmockingb

You’ve been beating this dead horse all year. Your take is clear, and has been regurgitated over and over.

In a nutshell…..just because O’Shea doesn’t play the guys you like or sees value in other players you dismiss, doesn’t mean he’s wrong. We are winning. We are much more than “adequate” and on top of the league, again. We’ve had our share of injuries and have not been “royally screwed”, and after 6 years of this we are no closer to this “inevitably biting us in the ass hard” despite your predictions of doom. This “issue” has really been blown out of proportion by some looking for a reason to complain (I get it in a way, it’s easier to predict failure since the odds of winning the Cup are basically 1 in 9, so you get an 89% chance of saying “I told you so” and can feel superior or better about yourself if they lose, and can jump on the bandwagon of happy fans if they win - it’s an ego survival mentality).

So have your opinion, we are all abundantly clear where you sit at this point, and how far you are prepared to go (to the point of hoping for losses) to say you are right, but I will side with the coaches and their proven track record of success for now. It’s a much more pleasant state of mind to live in IMO. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Nice revisionist history there, Booch. This guy disagrees with you though. 

On 2022-11-20 at 8:53 PM, Tracker said: 

But one of many brain-dead decisions/plays.

Yup...was a bad game all around...defense balled out tho...loss not on them

Loss isnt on Leggz...was on offence and poor game.plan...plain and simple

u can ball out and still be undermanned you know...not their fault they had a less than adequate roster

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

ComfortableAffectionateGalapagosmockingb

You’ve been beating this dead horse all year. Your take is clear, and has been regurgitated over and over.

In a nutshell…..just because O’Shea doesn’t play the guys you like or sees value in other players you dismiss, doesn’t mean he’s wrong. We are winning. We are much more than “adequate” and on top of the league, again. We’ve had our share of injuries and have not been “royally screwed”, and after 6 years of this we are no closer to this “inevitably biting us in the ass hard” despite your predictions of doom. This “issue” has really been blown out of proportion by some looking for a reason to complain (I get it in a way, it’s easier to predict failure since the odds of winning the Cup are basically 1 in 9, so you get an 89% chance of saying “I told you so” and can feel superior or better about yourself if they lose, and can jump on the bandwagon of happy fans if they win - it’s an ego survival mentality).

So have your opinion, we are all abundantly clear where you sit at this point, and how far you are prepared to go (to the point of hoping for losses) to say you are right, but I will side with the coaches and their proven track record of success for now. It’s a much more pleasant state of mind to live in IMO. 

funny