3 stars plus hh a tale of two Zachs

wbbfan

13 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Wilson is just such a revelation at linebacker. Total night and day, and Clements was doing well this year. 

Rose is just a calm cool and collected vet in the secondary. Big impact there as well.  

Swap Jackson for someone who can take meaningful reps at DE and this D gets a lot better too.

You have to think at the very least when Haba is ready, he comes back on for Jackson....he just offers so much and was performing so well....watching Jackson on his defensive reps...He is slow off the snap....like almost delayed slow, and has zero hand technique that I have noticed....Haba had burst and technique already like a vet

27 minutes ago, Booch said:

I've said for past 2 yrs...Rose is still elite....and it shows.....last yr was a yr he played nicked all yr long, but most here were claiming he was done, and had lost a few steps.....He also brings more to the play of the defense than actual things you see...He is like a secondary coach out there making sure people are sound in their responsibilities

Same with Wilson...rarely misses a tackle...always where he supposed to be and one of the best...if not the best sideline to sideline WIL in the leaguye...so under rated

Noticeable improvement since he came in on wrapping up on short passes. He just envelopes receivers when he tackles. 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

You have to think at the very least when Haba is ready, he comes back on for Jackson....he just offers so much and was performing so well....watching Jackson on his defensive reps...He is slow off the snap....like almost delayed slow, and has zero hand technique that I have noticed....Haba had burst and technique already like a vet

Oh god I hope so. 

Adding Haba to the D  would be scary

38 minutes ago, Booch said:

I've said for past 2 yrs...Rose is still elite....and it shows.....last yr was a yr he played nicked all yr long, but most here were claiming he was done, and had lost a few steps.....He also brings more to the play of the defense than actual things you see...He is like a secondary coach out there making sure people are sound in their responsibilities

Same with Wilson...rarely misses a tackle...always where he supposed to be and one of the best...if not the best sideline to sideline WIL in the leaguye...so under rated

Totally agreed. Wilson is the most highly underated LB in the league. So sound ,and so smooth.

Jackson got a shot at offence and really didn't do too much on the play.....Seems he needs a lot of work....After his attempted run, went back to the bench,  looked like he was totally bagged, and was chuckin' up his lunch.....Looks like Osh is happy with him though

19 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Jackson got a shot at offence and really didn't do too much on the play.....Seems he needs a lot of work....After his attempted run, went back to the bench,  looked like he was totally bagged, and was chuckin' up his lunch.....Looks like Osh is happy with him though

and needs tons of work as a DE....he has a bad get off...no snap anticipation and is basically flat footed as the oline is coming out of their stance.....I see why he doesn't get any meaningful defensive snaps...again good story and will put it on line for team in whatever capacity, but really is a waste of a DA spot, and to be quite frank a stupid roster move

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

They all need to go to Darvin adams qb school 

I still surprised nobody picked him up...just a good guy in room as well as still capable..if Sheed was tomgo.do2n for the year...that's the guy I would bring in to fill his role here...if he is still keeping himself in shape which I sure he is

59 minutes ago, Booch said:

I still surprised nobody picked him up...just a good guy in room as well as still capable..if Sheed was tomgo.do2n for the year...that's the guy I would bring in to fill his role here...if he is still keeping himself in shape which I sure he is

He's 33 but i agree surprised nobody kicked the tires here. Especiallly since he plays a good leadership role.

On 2023-08-25 at 9:22 AM, Booch said:

No fooling, they need to prepare players for transitioning to starters which may happen as soon as next season, Bryant, Bighill, Thomas and even Jeffcoat could all decide to hang up their cleats at the end of this year, prepare their replacements instead of wasting reps. on a novelty project.  Like Haba, it's just as important to get Fox back in the mix in case Walker leaves for more $$ in F.A., don't want to be starting at ground zero in any position.

Edited by Fatty Liver

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Shawn lemon situational. Teams don’t think he has enough left to warrant the pay he will want. Certainly a really good guy to have around. Especially as a naturalized Canadian. He blocks great, coach on the field and locker room for WRs, and still a deep threat. 
 I’d rather have him on our pr then a couple guys we have now. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Shawn lemon situational. Teams don’t think he has enough left to warrant the pay he will want. Certainly a really good guy to have around. Especially as a naturalized Canadian. He blocks great, coach on the field and locker room for WRs, and still a deep threat. 
 I’d rather have him on our pr then a couple guys we have now. 

Also - "where's my dog" in the 2019 Grey Cup.

On 2023-08-27 at 11:52 AM, Mark H. said:

Also - "where's my dog" in the 2019 Grey Cup.

I saw that TSN mic’d up episode and can’t find it anymore.  For as awesome as it made the Bombers look, it reeeeally highlighted how stupid the TiCats players were/are.

Simoni, ”What’s Zach doing here, he sucks”

hahahahahahaha

On 2023-08-25 at 10:57 AM, Booch said:

Rose had quietly regained his all star form after a shaky start returning from injury. The past 2 games he has been outstanding. Doesn't get the kudos he deserves for the excellent season he is having. Night and day difference in our defence when Wilson and Rose came back. Our D has been killing it the past several games.

19 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Rose had quietly regained his all star form after a shaky start returning from injury. The past 2 games he has been outstanding. Doesn't get the kudos he deserves for the excellent season he is having. Night and day difference in our defence when Wilson and Rose came back. Our D has been killing it the past several games.

that was a key point so far this yr...next one will be when Haba is back healthy, and Hansen returns.....And if Ford ends up back here, we really will have some options