Week 9 - Lions @ Blue Bombers - GDT

JCon

20 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

On the returner issue, heck Derek Taylor mentioned it a few times on the post game. As to the only dressing 6 DL, Doug Brown mentions it every game as an issue. Its not just some of us Dorito eating, Super fans typing away at our keyboards.

There had to be at least 3 times last night where McCrae bobbled to had to double catch the ball. It didn't mean anything for this game, but that's not good.

9 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The officiating is nuts.

The replay official buzzes down to make sure they call a no end penalty on us first drive of the game.

Where was he on Betts uncalled offside?  Where was he on the Bighill play that was blatantly not a penalty?  Where was he on the next play when BC receiver was clearly down at 40 with contact gets up and runs across 30?

If they are going to auto review some plays (aside from scoring ones) they need to review all of them.

Also O’Shea needs work on when to use the flag.  On a 60 yard play to Lawler…use it.  On a blatant illegal tackle by us…don’t use it.

Yeah like WTF?? The play had already happened and was over and were in the huddle for the next play and now you negate the previous play and move us back? What a s**t precedent that is. Calls get missed every play. Youre going to start micro-managing everything from the pressbox and calling penalties after plays have already happened?? Unreal.

4 minutes ago, DTonOB said:

There had to be at least 3 times last night where McCrae bobbled to had to double catch the ball. It didn't mean anything for this game, but that's not good.

Exactly....bullet dodged...turnovers there at those points in the game could have really swing things the wrong way...McRae has never been a punt returner before this yr...pro or college..Parker..Swarmay have

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

"We deserve to lose"

"I hope they lose"

"Going to cost us games"

"They got lucky"

"Where just trying to discuss the roster management?"

If I don't see we were lucky on punt returns u clearly are delusional...or...I won't even say it....

10 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

That call was a f**king joke. As usual there were a ton on garbage calls last night. The Lawler offensive pass interference was weak. But the one i really couldnt figure out was the simultaneous offsides?? It took the second Lawler TD off the board. They flagged one of BC's Defensive lineman and Shoen for offsides on the same play. How the *uck do 2 guys go offsides at the same time?!?! Clowns. It would have given Zach 4 passing TD's and it likely cost him a 400 yard passing game.

Agree the reffing sucked but the simultaneous offsides make sense. You can have a slotback offside and a Dline offside completely unrelated to each other.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Exactly....bullet dodged...turnovers there at those points in the game could have really swing things the wrong way...McRae has never been a punt returner before this yr...pro or college..Parker..Swarmay have

If I don't see we were lucky on punt returns u clearly are delusional...or...I won't even say it....

"This just in, Football team had luck on their side in big Win." More at 6 O'clock. 

Keep those hot takes coming booch.

7 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Agree the reffing sucked but the simultaneous offsides make sense. You can have a slotback offside and a Dline offside completely unrelated to each other.

But wouldnt one guy technically be drawing the other guy offsides? The first guy to move is the culprit and gets the penalty? I have a hard time believing the simultaneously moved and went offsides at the exact same time. Unless one guy lined up offsides and the other ran offsides i guess?? I have never seen a double offsides in my life.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

4 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

But wouldnt one guy technically be drawing the other guy offsides? The first guy to move is the culprit and gets the penalty? I have a hard time believing the simultaneously moved and went offsides at the exact same time. Unless one guy lined up offsides and the other ran offsides i guess?? Ive have never seen a double offsides in my life.

Don't think so because receivers and the Dline aren't looking at each other. 

Should have been blown dead anyway since Bryant moved before the ball was snapped 

8 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

"This just in, Football team had luck on their side in big Win." More at 6 O'clock. 

Keep those hot takes coming booch.

It’s crazy because you’ve jumped the shark here just as much as some of the takes on the other side.

I’ve never once said I hope we lose or I want us to lose. I was indeed the one who questioned if fans would start to turn on O’Shea. Not really a weird question considering how doom and gloom people were after a few losses. I don’t like the way he manages the roster or quite frankly, coaches within the flow of the game. I like absolutely everything else about him as a coach.

But yes. The roster management has the potential to cost us games. It already may have cost us one. It’s not ridiculous to suggest that and if you think it is, let me ask you: if roster management can’t cost you games, why does it even matter who we play? Just let everyone have equal reps and treat it like it’s elementary school sports.

12 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

But wouldnt one guy technically be drawing the other guy offsides? The first guy to move is the culprit and gets the penalty? I have a hard time believing the simultaneously moved and went offsides at the exact same time. Unless one guy lined up offsides and the other ran offsides i guess?? I have never seen a double offsides in my life.

I have seen it.  But that particular situation was a total CYA scenario when they didn’t blow it dead and should have.

My main roster issue is Jeffcoat.  The guy is clearly labouring and it’s August.  We need him in November.  We need the guys on the roster so he’s only playing half or 2/3 of the series.

Lucky this one was a blowout so he could mostly sit out the second half.

There’s the “go 1-0 this week” approach but situations like this are the limit of it.  There are 3 teams in this league that are Grey Cup contenders and you need to have a team that can go 1-0 each week in November.

55 minutes ago, Booch said:

No...but many fans here slobber all over Osh's membrane cause we still won despite the glaring oddnes of it all...gotta be lucky to be good...and we have skirted that line pretty good for last few yrs...believe it if u want...or don't...could care less...

58 mins as our return game was scary and didn't do anything to help us...and not the scary good btw..aGramt can't come back soon enough...

I'd argue most fans here neither slobber over O'Shea's membrane or beat a dead horse over a few roster spots.  

We want wins, but thinking we're going to go 18-0 is pretty unreasonable.

Basing arguments on shoulda woulda coulda's and might have's is mildly entertaining, but gets a little old after a win like that.

I'm going to enjoy this win.

giphy.gif

46 minutes ago, Mike said:

It’s crazy because you’ve jumped the shark here just as much as some of the takes on the other side.

I’ve never once said I hope we lose or I want us to lose. I was indeed the one who questioned if fans would start to turn on O’Shea. Not really a weird question considering how doom and gloom people were after a few losses. I don’t like the way he manages the roster or quite frankly, coaches within the flow of the game. I like absolutely everything else about him as a coach.

But yes. The roster management has the potential to cost us games. It already may have cost us one. It’s not ridiculous to suggest that and if you think it is, let me ask you: if roster management can’t cost you games, why does it even matter who we play? Just let everyone have equal reps and treat it like it’s elementary school sports.

I have not. Ive never written, "I hope they lose/deserve to lose" etc etc. As if this team isn't still the a dominant machine.

Like others have said, I think the roster management can use some improvement. I'm not sure anyone has denied that anywhere. But...its absurd to think that we have all the info, and that MOS/Hall/Walters etc etc just aren't doing what's best for the team....instead of, oh I don't know...we just don't know what's going on behind the scenes. I'm all for discussing it. But when it comes to the doom and gloom and hoping for losses/deserve to lose type of "discussing". I'm going to become the smart ass I am. I mean they're 6-2...

And I 100% disagree that we've lost even a single game from the roster management. 

I've never said it doesn't matter who they put out there. I've only said the coaching staff likely knows best, and while I might not like it. I trust them to make the best decision.

Edited by Bigblue204

30 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

The defence going offside still doesn't allow the offensive player to cross the LOS before the ball is snapped.

1 minute ago, greenrider55 said:

Random rant: After the importance of last night’s game, it being a blowout, the Bombers hanging 50 points… it’s nowhere to be found on TSN’s website. 

TSN does nothing to help the CFL. 

It's there, but it is not prominent in any way.

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/winnipeg-blue-bombers-dominate-bc-lions-in-battle-of-west-division-s-best-1.1992226

Your statement stands.

A play that stood out to me in a bad way, but also explained a lot....was Darby touching a punted ball as it goes out of bounds....completely unacceptable play by a vet. I'm guessing he's a had a few of those types of play on D as well and that's why Kramdi started....I don't know for sure...but that was a...."oh that's why you're watching now" kind of moment.

Edited by Bigblue204

People sometimes take things ppl say on here to seriously.  Picking out phrases like we deserve to lose or hope we lose is fake news. It's just a rambling at the time, I said we deserve to lose but I'll never say I hope we do. I hope we win every game 50 to 14. I like cheering and swearing at my TV or At the game. I enjoy it more when it's happy screams and swears like f yeah. 

Fact is tho, we aren't dressing the best roster we can and I would like us to do that. It's August,  I don't want to gas Willie or Jeffcoat so much so early.  Jeff especially cuz dude has injury issues. Don't want to lose him cuz he makes our d-line better  

I'm happy tho. Like princess Elsa said, I'm never going back the past is in the past  

Do it again next week In Edmonton 

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

A play that stood out to me in a bad way, but also explained a lot....was Darby touching a punted ball as it goes out of bounds....completely unacceptable play by a vet. I'm guessing he's a had a few of those types of play on D as well and that's why Kramdi started....I don't know for sure...but that was a...."oh that's why you're watching now" kind of moment.

That's a Parker might take his spot next week move plus Parker better punt returner than GMC. Darby ain't what he used to be.  

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The officiating is nuts.

The replay official buzzes down to make sure they call a no end penalty on us first drive of the game.

Where was he on Betts uncalled offside?  Where was he on the Bighill play that was blatantly not a penalty?  Where was he on the next play when BC receiver was clearly down at 40 with contact gets up and runs across 30?

If they are going to auto review some plays (aside from scoring ones) they need to review all of them.

Also O’Shea needs work on when to use the flag.  On a 60 yard play to Lawler…use it.  On a blatant illegal tackle by us…don’t use it.

Another thing... their RT was moving before the snap, never called (maybe once)... multiple times... every time he lined up against Willie he would jump early to try and get the edge... you even see it twice if you watch the game recap on cfl.ca

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Just watched the replay 4 times to try and figure it out.  Last night I thought he might have been onside, but of course - no replay.

It was a weird punt, but he was clearly following the ball the whole way, so he didn't just get hit by it.

That being said, instead of the ball bouncing out of bounds, it bounced right back into him.  He was far too close to the landing spot, but batting it out might have been the best option on an unlucky bounce.

3 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Just watched the replay 4 times to try and figure it out.  Last night I thought he might have been onside, but of course - no replay.

It was a weird punt, but he was clearly following the ball the whole way, so he didn't just get hit by it.

That being said, instead of the ball bouncing out of bounds, it bounced right back into him.  He was far too close to the landing spot, but batting it out might have been the best option on an unlucky bounce.

He tracked it like he was trying to recover it as an onside guy.  Probably saw the Hamilton game a couple weeks back but didn't quite get it.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

thats where I am at as well

50 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I have not. Ive never written, "I hope they lose/deserve to lose" etc etc. As if this team isn't still the a dominant machine.

Like others have said, I think the roster management can use some improvement. I'm not sure anyone has denied that anywhere. But...its absurd to think that we have all the info, and that MOS/Hall/Walters etc etc just aren't doing what's best for the team....instead of, oh I don't know...we just don't know what's going on behind the scenes. I'm all for discussing it. But when it comes to the doom and gloom and hoping for losses/deserve to lose type of "discussing". I'm going to become the smart ass I am. I mean they're 6-2...

And I 100% disagree that we've lost even a single game from the roster management. 

I've never said it doesn't matter who they put out there. I've only said the coaching staff likely knows best, and while I might not like it. I trust them to make the best decision.

Ottawa loss was a direct result of poor roster management...defence was gassed allowing Crum to make those 2 huge runs.....we had no depth...and it killed us...go rewatch his 2 td runs....guys just couldnt make the play...multiple guys...cause they were bagged right out....it happens....and go look back to our dominant...almost unworldly defence of 2019...and 2021...we rotated 7...8 guys on the dline, and had adequate back-ups at LB and DB....last yr around where we dumped Mack III and traded away Wilcott's and didnt adequately replace him...our defence has not been the same since

38 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Random rant: After the importance of last night’s game, it being a blowout, the Bombers hanging 50 points… it’s nowhere to be found on TSN’s website. 

TSN does nothing to help the CFL. 

Thats cause the Bombers won...they prob had several stories ready to go to flaunt the BC win and say the Bombers fell to also rans....and we screwed that plan for them

11 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

I thought maybe he was onside too with that sidewinder punt.....was weird none the less