Bombers @ LOL’ouettes GDT Week 4

Geebrr

Offense left 14 points on the field too. This game should have been a lot more lopsided.

I'm still not sure what happened with those punts that went out of bounds. Flag was thrown, but not yardage marked off?

Dline was way better. 2ndary I thought played well, a few breakdowns here and there but lots of play makers too.

Play calling was going to make me throw a remote at the TV, especially rose last 2 or 3 drives. Run the ball BUCK!!!!!

It’s the umpire and the head ref watching the line.

They missed a real bad chop block on Willie too where the RT was engaged with him and either the fullback or a receiver motioned down and dove at his knees.  That’s a major foul and could be a serious injury to someone getting blocked like that.

As a crew they seemed to be all over receivers blocking downfield all night. Lots of holds and illegal blocks.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Offense left 14 points on the field too. This game should have been a lot more lopsided.

I'm still not sure what happened with those punts that went out of bounds. Flag was thrown, but not yardage marked off?

Dline was way better. 2ndary I thought played well, a few breakdowns here and there but lots of play makers too.

Play calling was going to make me throw a remote at the TV, especially rose last 2 or 3 drives. Run the ball BUCK!!!!!

Second one the ref corrected the call on field..not sure if tv picked up him announcing it

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Ref for sure screwed up on the last punt because it was eventually spotted at Montreal’s 12.

Also an earlier one came down in bounds and then rolled out so they picked up the flag but TSN was on a Kelsey’s commercial.

10 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Ref for sure screwed up on the last punt because it was eventually spotted at Montreal’s 12.

Also an earlier one came down in bounds and then rolled out so they picked up the flag but TSN was on a Kelsey’s commercial.

Did the refs completely forget the rules there? They changed the yard line to the 15 but if the ball lands in bounds it doesn't matter. Instead they flag it twice and have to retract twice? Lol embarassing

28 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

BA got burned watching Fajardo instead of staying on top of the deepest route on the big play.  Then the next play he picked him off.

Nice to see the D make some plays finally.

Definitely looked like he was out of position on the deep play. More than made up for it on the next one. 

10 hours ago, Piggy 1 said:

You know Booch, i love Jake. After today's game , i have to agree with ya. But ,on one player i won't is 31. Just wish that kid was a few pounds heavier. He's a baller. 

We gave up 3 points..........

Agree. Holm had an off second half, kept messing with his wrist it looked like? Rest of the season he’s been fun to watch. If he’s progressed this much since last season, I’m excited to see the rest.

I’m a numbers guy so I will say that in terms of size, all of our DBs are undersized - that’s the cfl in general for DBs….

holm 5’11 182, daramy 5’9 176, houston 5’10 173, nichols 5’9 180, Lawrence 6’ 201, Parker 5’8 188, rose 5’11 172, McGhee 5’10 185, Muhammad 5’10 189. That makes him tied for second tallest and  third heaviest. Not including safety or dime. 

2 minutes ago, Bombertown said:

Agree. Holm had an off second half, kept messing with his wrist it looked like? Rest of the season he’s been fun to watch. If he’s progressed this much since last season, I’m excited to see the rest.

I’m a numbers guy so I will say that in terms of size, all of our DBs are undersized - that’s the cfl in general for DBs….

holm 5’11 182, daramy 5’9 176, houston 5’10 173, nichols 5’9 180, Lawrence 6’ 201, Parker 5’8 188, rose 5’11 172, McGhee 5’10 185, Muhammad 5’10 189. That makes him tied for second tallest and  third heaviest. Not including safety or dime. 

So they are average sized DBs

In a city where we don't always fare well.......solid team play and effort......The D flushed Faj out of his comfort zone ....made him make crucial mistakes and we just generally dominated the Als. all night....Sure like what McRea brings to the offence....speedy little bugger that gave the Als. d fits....Zack was definitely on his game and delivered some nice strikes when it counted.....Didn't like some of our kicking game ....Als. were getting good field position a lot....we can do better....All in all a very good win after that b.s. with the leo's

Edited by Stickem

Booch has something against Holm. He got beat a few times last night, against a speedster. It happens. Didn't give up huge plays though. 

He also tackles just fine and isn't afraid to get after the run. 

Swarmy is a nice surprise. Essentially locked down one of the leagues top rec through the first couple of weeks. If the rest can get healthy, our secondary could be very very good.

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

Booch has something against Holm. He got beat a few times last night, against a speedster. It happens. Didn't give up huge plays though. 

He also tackles just fine and isn't afraid to get after the run. 

Swarmy is a nice surprise. Essentially locked down one of the leagues top rec through the first couple of weeks. If the rest can get healthy, our secondary could be very very good.

That’s obvious 😂

Im excited to watch swarmy develop. You can tell they’re playing him off the ball as you would with a rookie but his tackling once he’s there is strong. I still think our guys on IR will swoop in and replace him and Houston eventually with rose and Parker however. 

5 minutes ago, Bombertown said:

That’s obvious 😂

Im excited to watch swarmy develop. You can tell they’re playing him off the ball as you would with a rookie but his tackling once he’s there is strong. I still think our guys on IR will swoop in and replace him and Houston eventually with rose and Parker however. 

I'm think it might actually be Holm that gets the seat. I don't think Houston will be going anywhere either.

31 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

He got beat a few times last night, against a speedster. It happens. Didn't give up huge plays though

There was a couple deep ones Holm was chasing, one before the Alexander int, which I felt there should have been help from the safety (but what do I know) another one late that the als got deep, looked like Holm and Darby both took the inside and Holm had to scramble to pick up the guy going out. That is likely the younger player making an error but who is to say unless we know all their assignments 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

There was a couple deep ones Holm was chasing, one before the Alexander int, which I felt there should have been help from the safety (but what do I know) another one late that the als got deep, looked like Holm and Darby both took the inside and Holm had to scramble to pick up the guy going out. That is likely the younger player making an error but who is to say unless we know all their assignments 

Yeah it definitely looked like Alexander got caught looking in the back field on that deep one.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

The deep ball holm turned towards the line rather than inside which makes me think he had outside and BA had inside. But you’re right, no way of knowing. 

Skimmed through the game again this morning. I missed a bunch the first time. 
Couple few random thoughts. 
-We didn’t see it last week, but Daramy Swaramy can really hit. 

- It’s hard to watch the oline on TV but it looked like Geoff Gray was having a lot of trouble in pass pro. Did see him in the second level on quite a few running plays though. 

- I was ripping on them, but I actually like how Marshall Ferguson called the game. It’s a shallow pool but I’d say he’s my favourite pbp  guy on TSN right now. 

- As many have already said, having Lawson in made a huge difference in how the middle pressure looked. 

-Bombers are now 6-3 under Osh in Montreal. I think the 00’s narrative of Molson being a graveyard can be put to bed. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

15 minutes ago, Goalie said:

So when demski and Lawler are back... who comes out? Agudosi and ?? Cuz McCrae showed he's needed 

Agudosi is already out this week.

Would be McCrae (who is now injured) and Murphy most likely.  Murphy might stay on depending on the situation with the rest of the Canadians.

I’m not sure we’ll be dressing 7 OL forever.