Bombers vs Als - Canada day weekend edition

The Zipp

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They really gotta add some Canadians to the PR.  They aren’t going to be world beaters but guys that can play special teams at least.

Yeah, the Canadian depth is so thin they didnt even bother to replace Demski on the game day roster.

With Murphy playing that leaves Schmekel as the only Canadian on the practice roster.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Great roster management as usual 

Bad luck more than anything. Demskis kid takin their time, kramdi/Augodsi getting hurt a day ago...not too concerned. 

3 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

We used to crow about our depth. What happened?

It's honestly not that bad...we're going into our 3rd...4th? String wrs. There's only so much depth to go around.

5 hours ago, BBRT said:

Kool Did not know that - I am the opposite - US born - went to SMU and played there (not all that good but did get some games in) - Went into the Army in the late 60's did my thing in Nam and after being mustered out came to Winnipeg thinking I could play for the Bombers (a few of my SMU team members had tried out up here) - Made it through 2 days of rookie camp and gave up the ghost (I was in great shape just not fast enough). However everything has a silver lining - I met my wife (51 years and counting) - got my MBA - Moved back to Dallas and then back to Winnipeg in 1981 (and have been a season ticket holder and Bomber fan ever since) - Note I now live in Calgary (took my business there about 15 years ago) - heck I even was one of the orginal members of TotalCFL (wonder if anyone remembers that site) and of course Colin Unger's (OurBombers) site. I still have (see photo) my signed Dieter Brock Jersey!!

Cool...I was in Cali for 2 yrs then on to San Jose State in early 90's...did a yr in Missouri...then was in T.O...bounced to Winnipeg...back down to Cali...got tired off the Cali scene and working there and had some Winnipeg opportunities come about...ended back up here in 2003...but still do some work in the states and here with recruits and training getting them ready for draft and pro day workouts...

Really getting tired of TSN's garbage Live.  An error has occurred is pretty much all I get and I restart, flush cache, restart and the same **** over and over again.  What idiots are running their streaming service?  Oh wait Bell.  Guess that's what I get.  I'll be asking for a refund if this **** keeps up though.  

Well third time was the charm of clearing cache and now it works.  What garbage.  I'd get fired if this was the quality of the job I did, especially if people are paying for it.

Edited by BaconNBigBlue

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Yeah, the Canadian depth is so thin they didnt even bother to replace Demski on the game day roster.

With Murphy playing that leaves Schmekel as the only Canadian on the practice roster.

Yeah and Schmekel has no utility on special teams.  Be interesting to see if Murphy gets on the field for special teams.

Got to this Saskatoon bar for the game, got them to put the game on the giant projection screen, sound on......... Aaaand delayed. I gotta sit here taking shallow breaths, try to not get too much Gap in me, waiting for the next hour. Yeeesh. Can't wait to get home this week....

4 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Oof. Got my daughter (who is 4) all geared up for the game... Bought her a sweater and she has been excited about watching it all day.

Hard to explain a weather delay to her when its a clear day in Wpg. Anybody know how long a delay typically lasts?

The tentative start time is now 7pm Winnipeg time. Players need 35 minutes to warm up so if they aren't on the field by the bottom of the hour the start time might get pushed back again.

Edited by WinnipegGordo
35 minutes not 25.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Got to this Saskatoon bar for the game, got them to put the game on the giant projection screen, sound on......... Aaaand delayed. I gotta sit here taking shallow breaths, try to not get too much Gap in me, waiting for the next hour. Yeeesh. Can't wait to get home this week....

Be sure to get de-loused when you cross the border.

7 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Oof. Got my daughter (who is 4) all geared up for the game... Bought her a sweater and she has been excited about watching it all day.

Hard to explain a weather delay to her when its a clear day in Wpg. Anybody know how long a delay typically lasts?

Ice cream explains everything