Bombers vs Als - Canada day weekend edition

The Zipp

28 minutes ago, Booch said:

I guess addition of Mcrae is the go to in Demski's spot if he cant go....tho not sure how we working ratio for that....guess Kramdi for Darby??....and why Osh refuses to use the Nationlized rule is baffling...especially on a week like this....Ibelieve u are allowed 1 on each side of the ball. On offence using it on Grant is such a waste and lame...as he rarely takes reps on offence, and even so...If he is in it's pretty obvious he's in on the play

Also not sure why we feel the need right now for that extra O-lineman when we are lean as hell in some spots, and could use some roster flex....once again...Bizzare roster management

That being said best DE roster all year, especially if Jeffcoat is 100% and can stay in lineup...would rather see Fox and Lawson as the defacto starting tackles....see what he has in a heavy workload...we know what Walker brings...then if they choose to dress only one going forward pick the best

Yeah they could throw Lawson out for the first snap as a starter with Jeffcoat as the nationalized guy and then just rotate as usual really.

I think if Demski can't play they'll have to roster Murphy.  Schmekel would be the other option.  Not sure they'd dress 8 OL.

Hallett is another guy that can take D reps, he started a bunch last year.  I wondered if they might drop Alexander in at SAM.

If Kramdi is out it will be a mess because they don't have another Canadian DB/LB type around and healthy.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I guess addition of Mcrae is the go to in Demski's spot if he cant go....tho not sure how we working ratio for that....guess Kramdi for Darby??....and why Osh refuses to use the Nationlized rule is baffling...especially on a week like this....Ibelieve u are allowed 1 on each side of the ball. On offence using it on Grant is such a waste and lame...as he rarely takes reps on offence, and even so...If he is in it's pretty obvious he's in on the play

Also not sure why we feel the need right now for that extra O-lineman when we are lean as hell in some spots, and could use some roster flex....once again...Bizzare roster management

That being said best DE roster all year, especially if Jeffcoat is 100% and can stay in lineup...would rather see Fox and Lawson as the defacto starting tackles....see what he has in a heavy workload...we know what Walker brings...then if they choose to dress only one going forward pick the best

I would go heavy on the DT side if at all possible. The Montrael run game scares me more than their passing game. I also think the extra O-lineman is in for more run blocking on our side. I almost get the feeling this game will be decided by who can run the ball the best.

39 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Great to see our D line back in shape....Jeffcoat returning is huge....As far as the opposition goes.....watch out for this Mack guy .......Seems to be a fav target of faj....have to take that away and bottle up Stanback....Should make for an interesting game

yup...this should for most part be our defensive line combo...maybe some tweaks with Walker/Fox and bringing on Hansen for Mauro when he ready....if all healthy...should be solid...Lawson is highly underrated, and kind of unknown , but will soon be noticed

Mack reminds me a lot of Lawler...we keep him reigned in, and the defense shows up against the run...we actually have been good in that aspect...we should be good, as the Faj won't beat us from his passing...especially if we contain and keep him on the pocket...if our DT's cause issues and collapse..The Faj just does...well those Faj things we all love ahaha

2 hours ago, BBRT said:

I would go heavy on the DT side if at all possible. The Montrael run game scares me more than their passing game. I also think the extra O-lineman is in for more run blocking on our side. I almost get the feeling this game will be decided by who can run the ball the best.

We do have 7 DL on the active roster, which is really nice to see!

It seems to be a rule of thumb that whenever major changes are made to a starting lineup, that team struggles. Its not about the quality of the new pieces, but more about the coordination of those pieces with the existing ones.  Fajardo does have the odd good game, so this is not going to be a "gimme" game.

I find it comical that we still have Thomas also listed with an OL number  despite rostering 7 OL.

As for listing Jeffcoat or Jefferson as the Designated National -- I'm not sure how that rule works. I believe it involves a snap count of 23, but do they only track snaps where the Designated National comes in for a Canadian, or do they track all snaps that player plays? If it's the latter, that could be the rationale for not using it on one of the Jeffs. I wonder how many snaps Grant takes per game factoring in KO and punt returns.

they have 23 snaps as a Canadian...So say WJ is the national....he can play 23 snaps in place of Thomas or Lawson so we can sub in an import for them...or any other declared starting Canadian on the defense if we declare more than 1

Edited by Booch

From Jeff Hamilton :

Just finished up Bombers media availability in Montreal.

Some quick notes: Adam Bighill and Brady Oliveira will play; still no decision w/ Nic Demski, who is on baby watch, and I didn't see him at the hotel; Redha Kramdi to start over Alden Darby at SLB.

the Kramdi move doesn't make sense to me ...

1 minute ago, The Zipp said:

From Jeff Hamilton :

Some quick notes: Adam Bighill and Brady Oliveira will play; still no decision w/ Nic Demski, who is on baby watch, and I didn't see him at the hotel; Redha Kramdi to start over Alden Darby at SLB.

Richie must see something we don't or is desperate.

1 minute ago, The Zipp said:

From Jeff Hamilton :

nor me...is it a case of if Demski isnt gonna play...we start 2 canadians on defense and McRae for Demski and Agudosi stays in?....which would be foolish as who backs up Kramdi then?....sure be nice if we took adbatage of the new rule to give us some wiggle room....but we wont cause Osh is stubborn and trying to make some kind of point....who knows what it is....but it's just silly...Or does it mean we have to sit Walker and or Haba and have healthy doses of Bennett and Thomas...efffectively making us weaker?

28 minutes ago, Booch said:

nor me...is it a case of if Demski isnt gonna play...we start 2 canadians on defense and McRae for Demski and Agudosi stays in?....which would be foolish as who backs up Kramdi then?....sure be nice if we took adbatage of the new rule to give us some wiggle room....but we wont cause Osh is stubborn and trying to make some kind of point....who knows what it is....but it's just silly...Or does it mean we have to sit Walker and or Haba and have healthy doses of Bennett and Thomas...efffectively making us weaker?

this is a sincere question, Booch, just because I can't remember.... I know you played NCAA but are you Canadian or American by birth? I can't remember if you just stayed up here after your football days, or if you're from here originally.....

36 minutes ago, Booch said:

These sort of things are why O'Shea is a coach and we aren't. It makes my brain nurt.

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

this is a sincere question, Booch, just because I can't remember.... I know you played NCAA but are you Canadian or American by birth? I can't remember if you just stayed up here after your football days, or if you're from here originally.....

Canadian born...school and played in U.S ...went down at 17

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

originally from Ontario....and got back to Winnipeg fulltime again in 2003 when I moved back from San Fran

5 hours ago, Booch said:

originally from Ontario....and got back to Winnipeg fulltime again in 2003 when I moved back from San Fran

Boy *San Fran isn’t what it used to be now. 

6 hours ago, Booch said:

Kramdi was good last year but not last week. If he goes down or has to sub out things are gonna get messy. 
ugly roster management makes things multiplicatively worse when any thing goes wrong. 

Edited by wbbfan

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Boy Sam Fran isn’t what it used to be now. 

Kramdi was good last year but not last week. If he goes down or has to sub out things are gonna get messy. 
ugly roster management makes things multiplicatively worse when any thing goes wrong. 

Nope

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Boy Sam Fran isn’t what it used to be now. 

Nobody, but nobody was good last week.

That online work last week...I highly doubt we see that again ...that was just bizzare...they were lights out first 2 games...u don't lose it over a week

And even tho Sask sucks in general their front 7 is no joke and we handled them just fine..even Hamilton's front ain't chopped liver

I not..and never was concerned with online...my issue is an import DT and getting our injured DBs back to cement who the starting 5 will be and let them gel again...that and how we work out roster to maximize its value

bombers have lost a few good db over the last seasons.... not easy to keep replacing those guys every year. 

Not the greatest game last night, but I thought Ottawa has some good players on offence, running back, receiver, and d....mauldin...

great fans there. seemed like a big win all round.

edit.... ottawa running back

Offensively running back De’Montre Tuggle rushing for 126 yards 

Edited by Mark F

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

That online work last week...I highly doubt we see that again ...that was just bizzare...they were lights out first 2 games...u don't lose it over a week

And even tho Sask sucks in general their front 7 is no joke and we handled them just fine..even Hamilton's front ain't chopped liver

I not..and never was concerned with online...my issue is an import DT and getting our injured DBs back to cement who the starting 5 will be and let them gel again...that and how we work out roster to maximize its value

Yeah if the OL had been shaky to start maybe you could say that last week was coming... but they were so dominant thenfirst 2 weeks and so bad against bc... no reason to believe it will happen again. Plus I imagine those guys did not enjoy the film work and are coming to come out with something to prove. Let's get the run game established early and let them take their frustrations out on the Montreal D.