Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

32 minutes ago, Noeller said:

And has been consistently one of the most intelligent, well spoken and knowledgeable posters on CFL message boards going back to the early days of OB.com. He's more than earned my trust and respect. 

I agree with you and I trust his football knowledge more than most here... but he, himself, said it was purely speculation... where is that speculation coming from?... gut feeling?... if there was any smoke to this, someone from the media would've said something by now... I'm not saying it won't happen... it just feels like nothing right now

4 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

That’s what I’ve always heard. The Bombers, or back to Guelph to be AD. 

Can you imagine how boring that job would be compared to what he's doing now?  Plus the budget would be miniscule, scouting and facilities inadequate and the bureaucracy and paperwork mind numbing.  He's got what every GM craves, security within a winning organization plus the chance to become the longest serving GM in Bomber history.

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Can you imagine how boring that job would be compared to what he's doing now?  Plus the budget would be miniscule, scouting and facilities inadequate and the bureaucracy and paperwork mind numbing.  He's got what every GM craves, security within a winning organization plus the chance to become the longest serving GM in Bomber history.

Yeah I’ve heard him linked to that job as more of a down the road “retirement” gig. 

9 hours ago, Booch said:

if Walters leaves it wont be a diff CFL related thing

9 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

That’s what I’ve always heard. The Bombers, or back to Guelph to be AD. 

Which would be a great move for him. He’s 50 and he’s dedicated a lot of his life to football. Can’t blame any one for better work life balance. 

6 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Since when are initials considered modern?  JBR are the initials for a user name on this board not an actual person (sort of anyway).  Just scroll back 5-6 pages (before this whole thing took off) and you'll find it.

Kinda ot but it’s cool to see boldens son with the pats and also a big db. 

5 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Imagine being able to be home for dinner every night. And being close to your family. Imagine not having to work 80-100 hours a week for 48 weeks. 

On 2023-11-09 at 12:37 PM, bearpants said:

I agree with you and I trust his football knowledge more than most here... but he, himself, said it was purely speculation... where is that speculation coming from?... gut feeling?... if there was any smoke to this, someone from the media would've said something by now... I'm not saying it won't happen... it just feels like nothing right now

There is a big difference between football knowledge and insider knowledge. In order to attain that level of inside information a person would have to be very plugged in with either Steinhauer or Walters.

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

MOS also doesnt hire GM's....But hopefully he has some good vibes he see's that leads to the re-sign...hate to lose Kyle...he been uber important as players and Agents trust him

35 minutes ago, Booch said:

MOS also doesnt hire GM's....But hopefully he has some good vibes he see's that leads to the re-sign...hate to lose Kyle...he been uber important as players and Agents trust him

He doesn't, but the three of them have reportedly been in lockstep during this whole rebuild. I'm fairly sure they all discuss these things together.

Not that MOS would reveal to us if Walters wasn't coming back, but him telling us he expects it makes it seem like it's obvious that it is...like most of us expected. 

10 minutes ago, Jesse said:

He doesn't, but the three of them have reportedly been in lockstep during this whole rebuild. I'm fairly sure they all discuss these things together.

Not that MOS would reveal to us if Walters wasn't coming back, but him telling us he expects it makes it seem like it's obvious that it is...like most of us expected. 

I agree....and I think that MOS is truly not interested in the GM role as he alluded to, but MOS would never be forthcoming with any information he had on Walters staying or departing right now. It's GC week and he will be putting out these little rumor mills all week so that the focus is on football only. I believe Walters will stay though.

Edited by GCn20

9 minutes ago, Jesse said:

yeah I would think/hope so

Just now, GCn20 said:

I just see no logic to him not returning. Why on god's green earth would he want to leave, and why on GGE would we want him too.

only reason is an issue most not privy to or aware of...thats caused friction...all I will say as to not get attacked again by the blue google people

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

only reason is an issue most not privy to or aware of...thats caused friction...all I will say as to not get attacked again by the blue google people

I've heard rumblings of what you are referring to, but I have it on good authority that this rumor does not have much legs or has been way overstated by some at the very least. Heard that a few people who started circulating this rumor did so with an agenda in mind. I heard this from someone with a front row seat to all of this.

Edited by GCn20

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I've heard rumblings of what you are referring to, but I have it on good authority that this rumor does not have much legs or has been way overstated by some at the very least. Heard that a few people who started circulating this rumor did so with an agenda in mind. I heard this from someone with a front row seat to all of this.

yup...I dont know the weight or bearing of it all....and never will....but until he has signed on dotted line its anyones guess...With Cup runneth over here in 2025...I can't see them not keeping all the parts together from top down that make sense

34 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup...I dont know the weight or bearing of it all....and never will....but until he has signed on dotted line its anyones guess...With Cup runneth over here in 2025...I can't see them not keeping all the parts together from top down that make sense

Yea, I guess we shall see. I honestly don't see Walters going anywhere until after 2025. I think they all bought into that time line.