CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

35 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Don't think Ottawa is making any changes... there was an article last week saying that Burke and Dyce will get at least one more year to try and turn it around. 

Hopefully they don't try to bring back Masoli.... again unless it's as a 3rd stringer with a limited contract.     Maybe they can lure Rourke?

Yeah, Ottawa definitely needs a vet QB if they're going to try and turn it around. Not sure who is the answer there. There are so few QBs right now... maybe they make a run at Dru Brown, but I think they need someone proven.... but who is that??? I think Harris is still under contract to Sask for another year. Do they try to get one of VAJ or Dane out of BC? I think Crum MIGHT be something, but he needs some more bench time to ease his way in. 

3 hours ago, Booch said:

I truly think they won't land any one of any significance for next yr...it's gonna be another old recycled former failure in the league....or another settle hire.....should be fun to watch tho

I am hoping that O'Day keeps on O'Daisying and keeps Kelly Jeffries meteoric and undeserved rise up the coaching ranks going. There you have it...my dark horse, and something I could see the tire fire doing, pick for SSK HC.

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

hat tip to 17to85 for finding this....... and a giant LOL!! if this actually comes true..

How frikken awesome would it be if they tried to lure Burris, and then last minute Hufnagel calls him and he puts his pen down and leaves them for the Stumps AGAIN. 

Edited by GCn20

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

How frikken awesome would it be if they tried to lure Burris, and then last minute Hufnagel calls him and he puts his pen down and leaves them for the Stumps AGAIN. 

that WOULD be funny, but I think it would be even better if Burris ends up as the HC in Sask with really no relevant experience and continues the circus atmosphere over there...

Just now, Noeller said:

that WOULD be funny, but I think it would be even better if Burris ends up as the HC in Sask with really no relevant experience and continues the circus atmosphere over there...

If he shows up in a bra for the first game. Would be priceless.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

zero CFL coaching experience (at least as a co-ordinator).... seems like exactly what the Cryders need....... I can already see the palms up on the sideline and the pouting/crying when things don't go his way. 

Yeah ....he'd get his bra in a bunch then turn on the tsn panel for slandering him .....zeroing in on a certain panel member ....Henry was such a whiner when he tooled around these parts

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

the leader of one of the worst defenses in the league...... perfect!!

they had games where they played hard, and looked good  including us I think.

tough to have a good D when offence is non existent, and head coach keeps screwing up at crucial moments.

but yeah, probably not shivers.

Edited by Mark F

45 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Does he still have a lot going on? I know his wife had a cancer battle but thought that was a few years ago?

It recurred... Really good podcast with him on the bombers website. They've been through a lot and continue the battle.